Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: /var: out of inodes
Operating Systems Solaris /var: out of inodes Post 302556603 by fredginting on Monday 19th of September 2011 07:53:26 AM
Old 09-19-2011
thx,if I check /var/tmp and /var/log

Code:
[319] $ cd /var/tmp
[320] $ ls -ltr
total 0
$ cd ../log
[322] $ ls -ltr
total 50036
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other        264 Jun 25  2004 sysidconfig.log
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other    4071993 Mar  1  2009 syslog.5
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other    4071884 Mar  8  2009 syslog.4
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other    2902452 Mar 15  2009 syslog.3
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other    14508483 Oct  4  2009 syslog.0
-rw-r--r--   1 root     other        116 Aug 20 20:22 snmpd.log

Must I add new disk and mount it to /var?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

INodes...

Could someone please explain to me the concept of INodes? Colour me a DOS/MacOS junkie, but I don't quite understand. Is there any relation to clusters, or physical distro.? ty. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: boris888
3 Replies

2. Solaris

inodes???

Does anyone know what command I can run to check how many inodes are in use on a specific filesystem. On Data General servers I used to run the df -k command to check the status of the inodes for all file system.s (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soliberus
1 Replies

3. Solaris

inodes

hi i need to find all the files that r linked to the current file as i need to delete the file as well as few of its links :confused: thnx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: livemyway
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inodes

how is the location of inodes in the physical disk. are they sequential like: bootblock|superblock|inode1|inode2| ....| datablock1|datablock2|datablock3 or are they distributed among data blocks like: bootblock|superblock|inode1|datablock1|inode2|datablock2|datablock3|inode3 |datablock4 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn
3 Replies

5. Linux

Inodes

Any good sites, tutorials that explain Inodes clearly and completely ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin09
3 Replies

6. Solaris

diff b/w /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

hi sirs can u tell the difference between /var/log/syslogs and /var/adm/messages in my working place i am having two servers. in one servers messages file is empty and syslog file is going on increasing.. and in another servers message file is going on increasing but syslog file is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tv.praveenkumar
2 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

inodes

Hi, sorry to have written in other language i think i could do that. I would to know A file system use inodes indexed allocation as a method of allocating space. In the inode blocks are 10 references to direct, 1 indirect reference to a single block, 1 block indirect reference to a reference to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: maryprin
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Difference between /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages

Hi, Is the contents in /var/log/syslog and /var/adm/messages are same?? Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vks47
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with Inodes please

How can i trace Inode structure and modify it in UNIX kernel? We want to change the inode structure in the sense that we want to add a new field to the inode data structure. So we want to know how and where to trace inode (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Group_Inode
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Csh , how to set var value into new var, in short string concatenation

i try to find way to make string concatenation in csh ( sorry this is what i have ) so i found out i can't do : set string_buff = "" foreach line("`cat $source_dir/$f`") $string_buff = string_buff $line end how can i do string concatenation? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)