Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Parsing XML
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Parsing XML Post 302556579 by clx on Monday 19th of September 2011 06:27:25 AM
Old 09-19-2011
I worked on the output you have shown in your requirement (#1).
You didn't mention that you are interested in element names.

About element names, as you mentioned that its not a well formed XML string, therefore I am not sure about the correctness of any solution until you tell us some specific criteria.

With the given input , you can do something like..

Code:
echo '......' | awk 'BEGIN {FS=">";RS="<"} !/^\//{printf "%-20s%-20s\n", $1,$2}'

MDN                 9168761121          
HomeSId             NA                  
ESN                 NA                  
HOMESID_Data        \n                  
roamer              CDMA BC6            
Subroamer           Mod                 
Subsubroamer        Port A BC6 CH 25 Mid2 Power Phase Error Peak
ServSid             CDMA BC6 Mod Port A BC6 CH 25 Mid2 Power Phase Error Peak
SPCS_Priority       1                   
Value               0                   
MSN                 Degree              
HomeSId             NA                  
ESN                 NA                  
HOMESID_Data        \n                  
Subroamer           Mod                 
Subsubroamer        Port A BC6 CH 25 Mid2 Power Phase Error RMS
ServSid             CDMA BC6 Mod Port A BC6 CH 25 Mid2 Power Phase Error RMS
SPCS_Priority       1                   
Value               1.87                
MSN                 Degree              
HomeSId             NA                  
ESN                 NA                  
HOMESID_Data        \n                  
Subroamer           Mod                 
Subsubroamer        Port A BC6 CH 25 Mid2 Power Freq Error
ServSid             CDMA BC6 Mod Port A BC6 CH 25 Mid2 Power Freq Error
SPCS_Priority       1                   
Value               4.47                
MSN                 Hz                  
HomeSId             150                 
ESN                 -150                
HOMESID_Data        \n                  
Subroamer           Mod                 
Subsubroamer        Port A BC6 CH 25 Mid2 Power Transmit Time Error
ServSid             CDMA BC6 Mod Port A BC6 CH 25 Mid2 Power Transmit Time Error
SPCS_Priority       1                   
Value               0                   
MSN                 us                  
HomeSId             NA                  
ESN                 NA                  
HOMESID_Data        \n                  
Subroamer           Power               
Subsubroamer        Port A BC6 CH 25 Mid1 Power
ServSid             CDMA BC6 Power Port A BC6 CH 25 Mid1Power
SPCS_Priority       1                   
Value               -10.35              
MSN                 dBm                 
HomeSId             -7                  
ESN                 -13                 
HOMESID_Data        \n                  
Subroamer           Mod                 
Subsubroamer        Port A BC6 CH 25 Mid1 Power Rho
ServSid             CDMA BC6 Mod Port A BC6 CH 25 Mid1 Power Rho
SPCS_Priority       1                   
Value               99.86               
MSN                 N/A                 
HomeSId             100                 
ESN                 98

Hope it helps.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

XML parsing

Hi I want to take an XML file and transform it into a pipe-delimited format. What is the best tool to use for this? I have libxml2 which seems to be the best xml parser around. The xml file will have the following format. <Txn> <Date>120504</Date> <id>99</id> <Items> <Item>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: handak9
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

parsing xml

I want to use wget comment to parse an xml parse that exist in an online website. How can I connect it using shell script through Unix and how can I parse it?? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: walnut
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing

Hi, Need a script to parse the following xml file content <tag1 Name="val1"> <abc Name="key"/> <abc Name="pass">*********</abc> </tag1> <tag2 Name="Core"> <Host Name="a.b.c"> <tag1 Name="abc"> <abc Name="ac">None</abc> ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mavericc
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

I have a xml file attached. I need to parse parameterId and its value My output should be like 151515 38 151522 32769 and so on.. Please help me. Its urgent (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: LavanyaP
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

XML Parsing

I had a big XML and from which I have to make a layout as below *TOTAL+CB | *CB+FX | CS |*IR | *TOTAL | -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- |CB FX | | | | DMFXNY EMSGFX... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: manas_ranjan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing XML

I am trying to parse an xml file and trying to grab certain values and inserting them into database table. I have the following xml that I am parsing: <dd:service name="locator" link="false"> <dd:activation mode="manual" /> <dd:run mode="direct_persistent" proxified="false" managed="true"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: $criptKid617
7 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML: parsing of the Google contacts XML file

I am trying to parse the XML Google contact file using tools like xmllint and I even dived into the XSL Style Sheets using xsltproc but I get nowhere. I can not supply any sample file as it contains private data but you can download your own contacts using this script: #!/bin/sh # imports... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ripat
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

i have xml output in below format... <AlertsResponse> <Alert id="11216" name="fgdfg"> <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356521629778" user="admin" detail="Recovery Alert"/> </Alert> <Alert id="11215" name="gdfg <AlertActionLog timestamp="1356430119840" user=""... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML Parsing :

HI I want to parse below file in to two output :- Input :- ?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <bulkCmConfigDataFile xmlns:un="utranNrm.xsd" <configData dnPrefix="Undefined"> <xn:SubNetwork id="ONRM_ROOT_MO_R"> <xn:MeContext id="C136"> ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asavaliya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

XML parsing

I have an xml file where the format looks like below <SESSIONCOMPONENT REFOBJECTNAME ="pre_session_command" REUSABLE ="NO" TYPE ="Pre-session command"> <TASK DESCRIPTION ="" NAME ="pre_session_command" REUSABLE ="NO" TYPE ="Command" VERSIONNUMBER ="1"> ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: r_t_1601
8 Replies
Parsing(3)							   OCaml library							Parsing(3)

NAME
Parsing - The run-time library for parsers generated by ocamlyacc. Module Module Parsing Documentation Module Parsing : sig end The run-time library for parsers generated by ocamlyacc . val symbol_start : unit -> int symbol_start and Parsing.symbol_end are to be called in the action part of a grammar rule only. They return the offset of the string that matches the left-hand side of the rule: symbol_start() returns the offset of the first character; symbol_end() returns the offset after the last character. The first character in a file is at offset 0. val symbol_end : unit -> int See Parsing.symbol_start . val rhs_start : int -> int Same as Parsing.symbol_start and Parsing.symbol_end , but return the offset of the string matching the n th item on the right-hand side of the rule, where n is the integer parameter to rhs_start and rhs_end . n is 1 for the leftmost item. val rhs_end : int -> int See Parsing.rhs_start . val symbol_start_pos : unit -> Lexing.position Same as symbol_start , but return a position instead of an offset. val symbol_end_pos : unit -> Lexing.position Same as symbol_end , but return a position instead of an offset. val rhs_start_pos : int -> Lexing.position Same as rhs_start , but return a position instead of an offset. val rhs_end_pos : int -> Lexing.position Same as rhs_end , but return a position instead of an offset. val clear_parser : unit -> unit Empty the parser stack. Call it just after a parsing function has returned, to remove all pointers from the parser stack to structures that were built by semantic actions during parsing. This is optional, but lowers the memory requirements of the programs. exception Parse_error Raised when a parser encounters a syntax error. Can also be raised from the action part of a grammar rule, to initiate error recovery. val set_trace : bool -> bool Control debugging support for ocamlyacc -generated parsers. After Parsing.set_trace true , the pushdown automaton that executes the parsers prints a trace of its actions (reading a token, shifting a state, reducing by a rule) on standard output. Parsing.set_trace false turns this debugging trace off. The boolean returned is the previous state of the trace flag. Since 3.11.0 OCamldoc 2014-06-09 Parsing(3)