Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: enum and C preprocessor
Top Forums Programming enum and C preprocessor Post 302556464 by Corona688 on Sunday 18th of September 2011 03:58:14 PM
Old 09-18-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by agama
An enum is interpreted by the compiler and not the preprocessor.
That explains it.

Okay, redone with #define's and it works. Ordinarily I'd avoid preprocessor tricks, except PIN_A defines a value that's used in both preprocessor and expression contexts -- it can be used as an integer like (1<<PIN_A), to define an 8-bit number to be fed into PORTA, or as part of a variable name RA[0-9] to define a member of a bitfield...

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

what is the base type of enum

helo i have asked in exam what that what is the base type of enum options are given bewlo (1) long int (2) short int (3) signed int (4) unsigned int can u tell me what is the exact answer from the above option Regards, Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitpansuria
1 Replies

2. IP Networking

DNS ENUM RR interpretation

Hi Guys, This is really really urgent. Am looking out for some quick answers. I'm developing a DNS Resolver client that interprets DNS Query repsonses & pass on the needful to DNS applications. When an ENUM query(modified to an nslookup naptr query) is issued & an NAPTR RR(Resource Record)... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: smanu
1 Replies

3. Programming

Preprocessor

Hi, Anyone please explain the functionality of ## in c. I didn't get the following preprocessor directives, # define LL(x) x ## LL # define LL(x) x ## i64 Thanks, Naga:cool: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nagapandi
1 Replies

4. Programming

enum in c++

#include <iostream> #include <stdio.h> using namespace std; typedef struct A { enum a{ red,blue,green}a; }obj11; obj11 obj1; int main() { //obj1.a=red; // how to set variable ? cout<<"sizeof struct is n"<<sizeof(obj1); cout<<"obj1.a is"<<obj1.a; if... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: crackthehit007
1 Replies

5. Programming

Preprocessor __FILE__ for Debugging

Hi, Just wondering if it is possible to trim the file path output by __FILE__ preprocessor in my debugging line. Let's say my main.cpp file is found in C:\User\MyName\SystemA\Mod1\SubMod2\Test\main.cpp for __FILE__, I just want the filename - main.cpp to be printed, instead of the entire... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tanlccc
2 Replies

6. Programming

C- trying to code a 'spare array'; 'enum' fauled.

I am trying to implement a spare array in C that would be referenced by regular integers. Right away: define array for maximum possible index elements completely is not what I trying to get!!! It should be a construction that would have just 2 elements if I need to have just two indexes, like... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: alex_5161
8 Replies

7. Programming

Mixed enum types - coverity defect

Hi All, I came across this error "MIXING ENUM TYPES" when I run my C program against the Coverity Tool. I've made many search relating to the error, but I didnt find the exact solution. Can anyone help me to overcome this.? Thanks in Advance.!! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Parameswaran
3 Replies

8. Programming

Use #if not defined with OR boolean logic in preprocessor directives

I am currently using Linux CentOS and programming in FORTRAN 90 using Portland 7.1 compiler. I am able to set in the preprocessor directives a flag called TEST. when I go to use logic in my code i can write #ifdef TEST execute something #endif Furthermore, if I want to negate the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prodigious8
2 Replies
MKDEP(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  MKDEP(1)

NAME
mkdep -- construct Makefile dependency list SYNOPSIS
mkdep [-ap] [-f file] [flags] file ... DESCRIPTION
The mkdep utility takes a set of flags for the C compiler and a list of C source files as arguments and constructs a set of include file dependencies which are written into the file ``.depend''. An example of its use in a Makefile might be: CFLAGS= -O -I../include SRCS= file1.c file2.c depend: mkdep ${CFLAGS} ${SRCS} where the macro SRCS is the list of C source files and the macro CFLAGS is the list of flags for the C compiler. The user has the ability to change the preprocessor and preprocessor options used. For instance, to use gcc as the preprocessor and to ignore system headers, one would use depend: env MKDEP_CPP="gcc -E" MKDEP_CPP_OPTS=-MM mkdep ${CFLAGS} ${SRCS} The options are as follows: -a Append to the output file, so that multiple mkdep's may be run from a single Makefile. -f Write the include file dependencies to file, instead of the default ``.depend''. -p Cause mkdep to produce dependencies of the form: program: program.c so that subsequent makes will produce program directly from its C module rather than using an intermediate .o module. This is useful for programs whose source is contained in a single module. ENVIRONMENT
CC Specifies the C compiler to use. The specified compiler is expected to have options consistent with the GNU C compiler. MKDEP_CPP Specifies the preprocessor to use. The default is "${CC} -E". MKDEP_CPP_OPTS Specifies the non-CFLAGS options for the preprocessor. The default is "-M". FILES
.depend File containing list of dependencies. SEE ALSO
cc(1), cpp(1), make(1) HISTORY
The mkdep command appeared in 4.3BSD-Tahoe. BSD
June 6, 1993 BSD