Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Newbie wanting help with a script Post 302556459 by shamrock on Sunday 18th of September 2011 03:47:31 PM
Old 09-18-2011
It is your PATH variable...why dont you copy the PATH from the terminal into the script instead of initializing it to dirs that dont contain those commands...clustal seqret collapse1.5
This User Gave Thanks to shamrock For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Wanting to boot from a previous kernel

I tried to add ppp on a serial line tty1b and I relink the kernel. Now, I would like to boot from the previous kernel because I lost the connexion for the others terminal (serial lines) too. I would appreciate any help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pacctono
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie needs help with simple script

Hi, I'm just new here, looks like there is alot to read. I need some help on a simple script that i would like to make, and I honestly have zero experience with shell scripts or anything, so i have no idea what I am doing. I want to have a script that I can upload to to my webhosting... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: shizizzle
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help - shell script newbie

My problem looks like it should have a simple solution but it seems that after many days of research I cannot find a good solution. What I have is an input file that contains lines of information. What I need is to extract specific information from that file. What I know is that somewhere in the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: eback
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Script Help -I'm a newbie

Can someone help me write this shell script? I am completely new to shell and as a fun task my uncle has challenged me a problem (out of all other people). Basically, all he wants me to do is to create backup file in a folder that is named “disables.” This is what he said: create a shell script... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: hotcutiepie05
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect script help (newbie)

Im a UNIX newbie so please excuse the little knowledge I have, Im trying to learn. I created a script that logs into multiple servers, gets data and saves it on the local server. The script looks like this.. #!/opt/local/bin/expect # Set username/password to initially login to switch.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jay11789
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Newbie needs help with ping script

Hi all, I've been trying to get this script right for the past few days and just can't figure out where I'm going wrong. Since one of my internet connections is extremely flaky I want to run this script to ping every 5 minutes and then reboot the router via telnet if I don't get a response. ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: goatmilk
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Wanting to run a macro/script from PuTTY

We currently use TUN as an emulation program to connect to various unix applications. I am looking at moving to PuTTY release 0.60 but am getting stuck as one application runs a macro at startup to run a program. My question is, can you run a macro from PuTTY? Any pointers would be great. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: virtualpaul
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

please help newbie with script

hi!i am musician and have very little knowledge about shell here's my script #!/bin/bash for (( ; ; )) do wget some wikipedia article here --output-document=- > /dev/audio done so it downloads random wikipedia page (forum doesnt let me post link so i wrote some wikipedia article here... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: karlhungus
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script newbie, what is problem with my script?

Hello, Ubuntu server 11.10 can anybody help what is problem with my shell script? #!/bin/bash #script to find out currently logged on user is root or not. if ] then echo "You are super" else echo "You are awesome!" fi When I run script, I get following output ./uid: line 3: I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kaustubh
4 Replies
Env(3pm)						 Perl Programmers Reference Guide						  Env(3pm)

NAME
Env - perl module that imports environment variables as scalars or arrays SYNOPSIS
use Env; use Env qw(PATH HOME TERM); use Env qw($SHELL @LD_LIBRARY_PATH); DESCRIPTION
Perl maintains environment variables in a special hash named %ENV. For when this access method is inconvenient, the Perl module "Env" allows environment variables to be treated as scalar or array variables. The "Env::import()" function ties environment variables with suitable names to global Perl variables with the same names. By default it ties all existing environment variables ("keys %ENV") to scalars. If the "import" function receives arguments, it takes them to be a list of variables to tie; it's okay if they don't yet exist. The scalar type prefix '$' is inferred for any element of this list not prefixed by '$' or '@'. Arrays are implemented in terms of "split" and "join", using $Config::Config{path_sep} as the delimiter. After an environment variable is tied, merely use it like a normal variable. You may access its value @path = split(/:/, $PATH); print join(" ", @LD_LIBRARY_PATH), " "; or modify it $PATH .= ":."; push @LD_LIBRARY_PATH, $dir; however you'd like. Bear in mind, however, that each access to a tied array variable requires splitting the environment variable's string anew. The code: use Env qw(@PATH); push @PATH, '.'; is equivalent to: use Env qw(PATH); $PATH .= ":."; except that if $ENV{PATH} started out empty, the second approach leaves it with the (odd) value "":."", but the first approach leaves it with ""."". To remove a tied environment variable from the environment, assign it the undefined value undef $PATH; undef @LD_LIBRARY_PATH; LIMITATIONS
On VMS systems, arrays tied to environment variables are read-only. Attempting to change anything will cause a warning. AUTHOR
Chip Salzenberg <chip@fin.uucp> and Gregor N. Purdy <gregor@focusresearch.com> perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Env(3pm)