Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HardLinks and Softlinks
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting HardLinks and Softlinks Post 302556439 by lilbo4231 on Sunday 18th of September 2011 02:12:14 PM
Old 09-18-2011
ok its starting to make sense......can i not just say the file name instead of the directory? and what permissions will it give me?

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

search for hardlinks based on filename via find command

I am using command substitution into a find command in a script where I have built a menu to do a bunch of tasks within my unix account. When I choose the options for to find a file/files that have the same inode of the entered filename, ie hardlinks, nothing shows up. When I choose the appropiate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hunternjb
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to list hardlinks?

Q1: Let's say I create a hard-link bar.c in /tmp to a file foo.c which resides in /var/tmp. Is there a easy way to find out which file /tmp/bar.c hardlinks to (and vice-versa - i.e which files have got hard-linked from /var/tmp/foo.c) when one does not (and wants to) know the location of the other... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahatma
0 Replies

3. AIX

IHS 6.1 on AIX - problem with symlinks / symbolic links / softlinks

Hello, I got an IHS 6.1 installed and want to publish a directory with an index of files, directories and symlinks / symbolic links / soft links, last ones being created with the usual Unix command "ln -s .... ....". In httpd.conf I've tried following for that directory: Options Indexes... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zaxxon
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

dump/restore of a fs with 100 of millions hardlinks

Hi :-) i have a dump of a backupdisk (~540GB / ext3). The Backups have some 100 millions of hardlinks (backups are created with storeBackup). The OS is linux. A restore of a directory ended after some days with the errormessage "no memory to extend symbol table" The restore of the complete... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: turricum
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Create softlinks between 2 different hosts

Hi I want to create softlinks, my source files and folders are placed in one server(hostname: info-1) and i want to access those files from different host(hostname :info-2). file and folder names in info-1 host. file1 folder1 Thanks, Mallik. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tmalik79
1 Replies

6. Solaris

Will softlinks occupy space in Solaris10

I have a pen drive1 with UFS file system and it has 43G used. It has a hell lot of soft links to other files which are located in a second pen drive2. We partitioned the file system on sun sparc machine, such that / has around 150G space.Now when we are copying the files from pen drive 1 to / on... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: crackperl
3 Replies
Goo::Canvas::EllipseModel(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation			    Goo::Canvas::EllipseModel(3pm)

NAME
Goo::Canvas::EllipseModel - wrapper for GooCanvasEllipseModel HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Goo::Canvas::ItemModelSimple +----Goo::Canvas::EllipseModel INTERFACES
Goo::Canvas::ItemModel METHODS
itemmodel = Goo::Canvas::EllipseModel->new ($parent, $center_x, $center_y, $radius_x, $radius_y, ...) o $parent (Goo::Canvas::ItemModel) o $center_x (double) o $center_y (double) o $radius_x (double) o $radius_y (double) o ... (list) PROPERTIES
'center-x' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The x coordinate of the center of the ellipse 'center-y' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The y coordinate of the center of the ellipse 'height' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The height of the ellipse 'radius-x' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The horizontal radius of the ellipse 'radius-y' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The vertical radius of the ellipse 'width' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The width of the ellipse 'x' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The x coordinate of the left side of the ellipse 'y' (double : default 0 : readable / writable) The y coordinate of the top of the ellipse SEE ALSO
Glib::Object, Goo::Canvas::ItemModelSimple COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2011 Gtk2-Perl Team perl v5.14.2 2011-11-16 Goo::Canvas::EllipseModel(3pm)