Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Nano ; does it have split screen capability? Post 302556373 by thegeek on Sunday 18th of September 2011 07:55:02 AM
Old 09-18-2011
not sure about nano !

But with vim you can do both horizontal and vertical split to open two or more files !

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How do capability macros get named?

The following is taken from some production code: #ifdef LOCK_LOCKF #ifdef HAVE_SYS_FILE_H #include <sys/lockf.h> #endif #ifdef HAVE_SYS_FILE_H #include <sys/file.h> #endif #define LOCK(file) fseek(file, 0L, 0), lockf(file, 1, 0L) #define UNLOCK(file) fseek(file, 0L, 0),... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: frequency8
2 Replies

2. Programming

One last question about capability macros

This might be poorly worded. In the header file, I have #ifdef LOCK_FCNTL #ifdef HAVE_FCNTL_H #include <fcntl.h> #endif #define LOCK(file) setlock(fileno(file), F_WRLCK); #define UNLOCK(file) setlock(fileno(file), F_UNLCK); #endif /* LOCK_FCNTL */ #ifdef LOCK_FLOCK #ifdef... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frequency8
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Seeing the screen output beyond the scroll capability for the last run command

HI , I forgot to redirect my op to a file.The op which is quite huge , thus printed on the screen.However bcoz of the limited viewing in the screenI can not see the whole of the output.. Is there anyway I can see the full op.My run takes half a day for finnishing ..So I am refraining... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bimukt
1 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

C++ IDE and/or Text editor with split screen

I'm looking for a c++ IDE and/or Text editor with split screen abilities like what you see below with notepad ++. Having the ability to split your screen is very helpful when comparing code. http://i255.photobucket.com/albums/hh133/COKEDUDEUSF/Split_Screen.jpg ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

command line tool to disable screen lock and/or screen saver

Hi, I have a simple question : how to disable screen lock and/or sreen saver with command line with RHEL5.4 ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: albator1932
1 Replies

6. Debian

apt-get package manager capability

Hi List, Recently I was doing some toubleshooting installing a package on a Redhat 6 machine using the the installer script which came with that package and I got an error message telling me that a file was missing indicating that I had to google for the dependancies and install them before this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: landossa
2 Replies

7. Red Hat

Su-only account with ssh capability and no interactive login

Hello experts, Is it possible to have an user account on RHEL 6.3 as a su-only account, but with ssh capability and no interactive login? Let me elaborate. Say, we have a cluster of 5 RHEL 6.3 servers and an user account (strmadmin) on each of the server as an su-only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naveendronavall
1 Replies
VIMDIFF(1)                                                    General Commands Manual                                                   VIMDIFF(1)

NAME
vimdiff - edit two, three or four versions of a file with Vim and show differences SYNOPSIS
vimdiff [options] file1 file2 [file3 [file4]] gvimdiff DESCRIPTION
Vimdiff starts Vim on two (or three or four) files. Each file gets its own window. The differences between the files are highlighted. This is a nice way to inspect changes and to move changes from one version to another version of the same file. See vim(1) for details about Vim itself. When started as gvimdiff the GUI will be started, if available. In each window the 'diff' option will be set, which causes the differences to be highlighted. The 'wrap' and 'scrollbind' options are set to make the text look good. The 'foldmethod' option is set to "diff", which puts ranges of lines without changes in a fold. 'foldcolumn' is set to two to make it easy to spot the folds and open or close them. OPTIONS
Vertical splits are used to align the lines, as if the "-O" argument was used. To use horizontal splits instead, use the "-o" argument. For all other arguments see vim(1). SEE ALSO
vim(1) AUTHOR
Most of Vim was made by Bram Moolenaar, with a lot of help from others. See ":help credits" in Vim. 2001 March 30 VIMDIFF(1)