Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Finding user accounts not accessed for a specific number of days Post 302556042 by DGPickett on Friday 16th of September 2011 11:41:38 AM
Old 09-16-2011
Since a user can become active through non-logins like rsh cmd, ssh cmd, sudo, su or set-uid, it'd be nice if there was a way to track this, but it would add overhead. Every time anyone uses a set-uid command, the user, maybe root, gets a hit. Time sharing accounting used to be a big deal, but not so much now.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Accounts

I have found a script to create user accounts. But there are a few lines i dont understand. Can someone help me with this? Here's the code: ###################################### while ; do ACCT=${USER_ACCT}${START} START=`expr $START + 1` START=`echo ${START} | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sensor
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting Number of times a File is accessed

Hi, I need to count the number of times a script is accessed from within the script. Is it possible ? Example: I have a script called lo.sh and i execute the script for the first time, then the counter variable declared inside the lo.sh should increment by 1. For every execution the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathanjalireddy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding The Number Of Programs That A Given User Running On A TERMINAL

How To Find The Number Of Programs That A User Running ON A GIVEN TERMINAL (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkata.ganesh
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode - user accounts passwords

hello ppl, someone must be able to help with this --> I have an old NCR tower 32 with an ADDS terminal running a unix version 020102 (Im not sure if thats correct but its unix for sure). I have no user names and no passwords and need to login to read a tape. Is there any way to do that? I hear... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of files accessed this week

I have looked around on the internet and still i am no wiser as to how to show the number of files in a directory that have been accessed this week and also that as a percentage. Any help would be much appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of days between the current date and user defined date

I am trying to find out the number of days between the current date and user defined date. I took reference from here for the date2jd() function. Modified the function according to my requirement. But its not working properly. Original code from here is working fine. #!/bin/sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting timestamp of a file and if it was accessed today then finding a line in it

i have my files and the variables value extracted from db is taken as in1=slot0312 in2=best in3=it is :veryliong/fine as varibles.. i have a folder stuctures in my unix machine as : /2011/hand_sl0312/best/HOD/file1.txt /2011/hand_sl0312/happy/HOD/file1.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajniman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding AIX user accounts expired or locked

// AIX 6.1 In need of finding which AIX user accounts will be expired and are locked. I have placed the following parameters under /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies
VIEW-OS(1)						      General Commands Manual							VIEW-OS(1)

NAME
viewsudo - execute a command as another (virtual) user SYNOPSIS
viewsudo [-g groupname|#gid] [-u username|#uid] command DESCRIPTION
viewsudo allows a user to execute a command as the superuser or another user in View-OS. OPTIONS
viewsudo accepts the following command line options: -g group Normally, viewsudo sets the primary group to root. The -g option causes sudo to run the specified command with the primary group set to group. To specify a gid instead of a group name, use #gid. When running commands as a gid, many shells require that the '#' be escaped with a backslash ('[u2019]). If no -u option is specified, the command will be run as the invoking user (not root). In either case, the primary group will be set to group. -u user The -u option causes viewsudo to run the specified command as a user other than root. To specify a uid instead of a user name, use #uid. When running commands as a uid, many shells require that the '#' be escaped with a backslash ('[u2019]). RETURN VALUES
Upon successful execution of a program, the exit status from viewsudo will simply be the exit status of the program that was executed. SEE ALSO
viewsu(1), sudo(1), linux.defs(5) AUTHORS
View-OS is a project of the Computer Science Department, University of Bologna. Project Leader: Renzo Davoli. <http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/view-os> Howto's and further information can be found on the project wiki <wiki.virtualsquare.org>. NOTE
Most part of the text is taken from sudo(1). VIEW-OS: a process with a view August 8, 2009 VIEW-OS(1)