Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming A weird problem with POSIX function Post 302556034 by bus147 on Friday 16th of September 2011 11:21:57 AM
Old 09-16-2011
I am working on embedded linux.
It turns out that the problem is not come from the source code itself but from the compile option. If I add -D_GNU_SOURCE when compiling libFOO then problem will be solved.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird Problem???

I have a problem I don't understand... I am trying to declare a variable, and then output the results of that variable, couldn't be simpler #!/bin/ksh VAR='Oranges' if then echo "Found Lemons" elif then echo "Found Oranges" fi The output shouold clearly be "Found Oranges", but... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danhodges99
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Weird crontab problem

Greetings To All! I am running Solaris 10 in a sparc environment. Here is the deal: In /var/spool/cron/crontabs, there is a cron user named "sys". If I do a crontab -l sys, it returns: # 0 * * * 0-6 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 # 20,40 8-17 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa1 # 5 18 * * 1-5 /usr/lib/sa/sa2... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: RobSand
8 Replies

3. Programming

Problem with POSIX pthreads and virtual memory

Hi, i have this code... in order to test my problem... #include <stdio.h> #include <iostream> #include <pthread.h> static void* cliente(void *datos); int main() { pthread_attr_t tattr; int ret; size_t size = PTHREAD_STACK_MIN + 0x0100; ret =... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: JEscola
8 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Weird character in between echo function

Hi All, Appreciate if anyone can help. I've a script where it does echo function like this while do FILE_ARG="cu0${w}_${FILE}_${DT}.av" ORACLE_ERROR=`grep "ORA-" ${FILE_ARG}` if ]; then Func_Log_Writer "Fail! ${FILE_ARG}\n" Func_Log_Writer "Error message:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agathaeleanor
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Really weird delete problem

Hi, I've Ubuntu 8.04, and it has some files that I just cannot delete. I've tried everything, inode, fsck etc. Here is what the ls -li outputs root@ubuntu:/home/luser/.local/share/Trash/files/junk# ls -l ls: cannot access TRUNK_: No such file or directory ls: cannot access 2006_output.mv:... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: nitin
11 Replies

6. Infrastructure Monitoring

Weird dependency problem!

Hi, I want to install net-snmp-devel package but i have following dependecy problem. It's very odd, i don't get it. One of packages is depended on the other one, the other one is depended on the previous one as well. :S :S Could you help me please? Here are the steps: # ls -l total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oduth
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

In bash getting weird output from function ?

My script- result="" times() { echo "inside the times function" result=8 echo "Inside function $result" return $result } result=$(times) echo "the value is "$? echo "the value of result $result" when I run I get this, why the value still remain 0. $ ./func the value is 0 the value... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: boy18nj
5 Replies

8. Programming

Compilation problem with Posix Mes Q

Hi #include "training.h" #include <mqueue.h> // for posix mqs int main(int argc,char *argv) { int opt,flag; mqd_t msq; // msg q type flag=O_RDWR|O_CREAT; while((opt =getopt(argc,argv,"e")) != -1) { switch(opt) { case 'e': ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Linkage of POSIX threads function calls

I wonder if someone knows what is the rationale behind linking function calls of the POSIX threads library at link-time vs. run-time. For example, if I create the following program: #include <pthread.h> void noop() { return; } int main() { pthread_self(); pthread_atfork(noop,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jsimsa
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Weird awk problem

Hi, I have a simple awk script: BEGIN{} { $a=$2-$1; print $a } END{if(NR==0){ print "0" } } to which I provide the following input 2.9 14 22.2 27 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamie_123
4 Replies
pthread_attr_setinheritsched(3) 			     Library Functions Manual				   pthread_attr_setinheritsched(3)

NAME
pthread_attr_setinheritsched - Changes the inherit scheduling attribute of the specified thread attributes object. LIBRARY
DECthreads POSIX 1003.1c Library (libpthread.so) SYNOPSIS
#include <pthread.h> int pthread_attr_setinheritsched( pthread_attr_t *attr, int inheritsched); STANDARDS
Interfaces documented on this reference page conform to industry standards as follows: IEEE Std 1003.1c-1995, POSIX System Application Program Interface PARAMETERS
Thread attributes object whose inherit scheduling attribute is to be modified. New value for the inherit scheduling attribute. Valid val- ues are as follows: The created thread inherits the scheduling policy and associated scheduling attributes of the thread calling pthread_create(3). Any scheduling attributes in the attributes object specified by the pthread_create(3) attr argument are ignored during thread creation. This is the default value. The scheduling policy and associated scheduling attributes of the created thread are set to the corresponding values from the attribute object specified by the pthread_create(3) attr argument. DESCRIPTION
This routine changes the inherit scheduling attribute of the thread attributes object specified by the attr argument. The inherit schedul- ing attribute specifies whether a thread created using the specified attributes object inherits the scheduling attributes of the creating thread, or uses the scheduling attributes stored in the attributes object specified by the pthread_create(3) attr argument. The first thread in an application has a scheduling policy of SCHED_OTHER. See the pthread_attr_setschedparam(3) and pthread_attr_setschedpolicy(3) routines for more information on valid priority values and valid scheduling policy values, respectively. Inheriting scheduling attributes (instead of using the scheduling attributes stored in the attributes object) is useful when a thread is creating several helper threads--that is, threads that are intended to work closely with the creating thread to cooperatively solve the same problem. For example, inherited scheduling attributes ensure that helper threads created in a sort routine execute with the same pri- ority as the calling thread. RETURN VALUES
If an error condition occurs, this routine returns an integer value indicating the type of error. Possible return values are as follows: Successful completion. The value specified by the attr argument is not a valid thread attributes object, or the inheritsched argument con- tains an invalid value. An attempt was made to set the attribute to an unsupported value. ERRORS
None RELATED INFORMATION
Functions: pthread_attr_init(3), pthread_attr_getinheritsched(3), pthread_attr_setschedpolicy(3), pthread_attr_setschedparam(3), pthread_create(3) Manuals: Guide to DECthreads and Programmer's Guide delim off pthread_attr_setinheritsched(3)