Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Finding user accounts not accessed for a specific number of days Post 302556023 by DGPickett on Friday 16th of September 2011 10:51:06 AM
Old 09-16-2011
finger also provide last or no login info, or on since.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Accounts

I have found a script to create user accounts. But there are a few lines i dont understand. Can someone help me with this? Here's the code: ###################################### while ; do ACCT=${USER_ACCT}${START} START=`expr $START + 1` START=`echo ${START} | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sensor
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting Number of times a File is accessed

Hi, I need to count the number of times a script is accessed from within the script. Is it possible ? Example: I have a script called lo.sh and i execute the script for the first time, then the counter variable declared inside the lo.sh should increment by 1. For every execution the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathanjalireddy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding The Number Of Programs That A Given User Running On A TERMINAL

How To Find The Number Of Programs That A User Running ON A GIVEN TERMINAL (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkata.ganesh
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode - user accounts passwords

hello ppl, someone must be able to help with this --> I have an old NCR tower 32 with an ADDS terminal running a unix version 020102 (Im not sure if thats correct but its unix for sure). I have no user names and no passwords and need to login to read a tape. Is there any way to do that? I hear... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of files accessed this week

I have looked around on the internet and still i am no wiser as to how to show the number of files in a directory that have been accessed this week and also that as a percentage. Any help would be much appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of days between the current date and user defined date

I am trying to find out the number of days between the current date and user defined date. I took reference from here for the date2jd() function. Modified the function according to my requirement. But its not working properly. Original code from here is working fine. #!/bin/sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting timestamp of a file and if it was accessed today then finding a line in it

i have my files and the variables value extracted from db is taken as in1=slot0312 in2=best in3=it is :veryliong/fine as varibles.. i have a folder stuctures in my unix machine as : /2011/hand_sl0312/best/HOD/file1.txt /2011/hand_sl0312/happy/HOD/file1.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajniman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding AIX user accounts expired or locked

// AIX 6.1 In need of finding which AIX user accounts will be expired and are locked. I have placed the following parameters under /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies
FINGER.CONF(5)						      BSD File Formats Manual						    FINGER.CONF(5)

NAME
finger.conf -- finger(1) alias configuration file DESCRIPTION
The optional finger.conf file is used to provide aliases that can be fingered by local and network users. This may be useful where a user's login name is not the same as their preferred mail address, or for providing virtual login names than can be fingered. Lines beginning with ``#'' are comments. Other lines must consist of an alias name and a target name separated by a colon. A target name should be either a user, a forward reference to another alias or the path of a world readable file. Where an alias points to a file, the contents of that file will be displayed when the alias is fingered. FILES
/etc/finger.conf finger(1) alias definition data base EXAMPLES
# /etc/finger.conf alias definition file # # Format alias:(user|alias) # # Individual aliases # markk:mkn john.smith:dev329 john:dev329 sue:/etc/finger/sue.txt # # Network status message # status:/usr/local/etc/status.txt # # Administrative redirects # root:admin postmaster:admin abuse:admin # # For the time being, 'sod' is sysadmin. # admin:sod SEE ALSO
finger(1) HISTORY
Support for the finger.conf file was submitted by Mark Knight <markk@knigma.org> and first appeared in FreeBSD 4.2. BSD
August 16, 2000 BSD