Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users Finding user accounts not accessed for a specific number of days Post 302556023 by DGPickett on Friday 16th of September 2011 10:51:06 AM
Old 09-16-2011
finger also provide last or no login info, or on since.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Accounts

I have found a script to create user accounts. But there are a few lines i dont understand. Can someone help me with this? Here's the code: ###################################### while ; do ACCT=${USER_ACCT}${START} START=`expr $START + 1` START=`echo ${START} | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sensor
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting Number of times a File is accessed

Hi, I need to count the number of times a script is accessed from within the script. Is it possible ? Example: I have a script called lo.sh and i execute the script for the first time, then the counter variable declared inside the lo.sh should increment by 1. For every execution the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pathanjalireddy
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding The Number Of Programs That A Given User Running On A TERMINAL

How To Find The Number Of Programs That A User Running ON A GIVEN TERMINAL (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: venkata.ganesh
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

single user mode - user accounts passwords

hello ppl, someone must be able to help with this --> I have an old NCR tower 32 with an ADDS terminal running a unix version 020102 (Im not sure if thats correct but its unix for sure). I have no user names and no passwords and need to login to read a tape. Is there any way to do that? I hear... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: orestis
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Number of files accessed this week

I have looked around on the internet and still i am no wiser as to how to show the number of files in a directory that have been accessed this week and also that as a percentage. Any help would be much appreciated. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: RAFC_99
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Number of days between the current date and user defined date

I am trying to find out the number of days between the current date and user defined date. I took reference from here for the date2jd() function. Modified the function according to my requirement. But its not working properly. Original code from here is working fine. #!/bin/sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hiten.r.chauhan
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

getting timestamp of a file and if it was accessed today then finding a line in it

i have my files and the variables value extracted from db is taken as in1=slot0312 in2=best in3=it is :veryliong/fine as varibles.. i have a folder stuctures in my unix machine as : /2011/hand_sl0312/best/HOD/file1.txt /2011/hand_sl0312/happy/HOD/file1.txt... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajniman
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding AIX user accounts expired or locked

// AIX 6.1 In need of finding which AIX user accounts will be expired and are locked. I have placed the following parameters under /etc/security/user... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Daniel Gate
1 Replies
FINGER(1)						      General Commands Manual							 FINGER(1)

NAME
finger - user information lookup program SYNOPSIS
finger [ options ] name ... DESCRIPTION
By default finger lists the login name, full name, terminal name and write status (as a `*' before the terminal name if write permission is denied), idle time, login time, and office location and phone number (if they are known) for each current UNIX user. (Idle time is minutes if it is a single integer, hours and minutes if a ':' is present, or days and hours if a 'd' is present.) A longer format also exists and is used by finger whenever a list of people's names is given. (Account names as well as first and last names of users are accepted.) This format is multi-line, and includes all the information described above as well as the user's home directory and login shell, any plan which the person has placed in the file .plan in their home directory, and the project on which they are working from the file .project also in the home directory. Finger may be used to lookup users on a remote machine. The format is to specify the user as ``user@host.'' If the user name is left off, the standard format listing is provided on the remote machine. Finger options include: -m Match arguments only on user name. -l Force long output format. -p Suppress printing of the .plan files -s Force short output format. FILES
/etc/utmp who file /etc/passwd for users names, offices, ... /usr/adm/lastlog last login times ~/.plan plans ~/.project projects SEE ALSO
chfn(1), w(1), who(1). AUTHOR
Earl T. Cohen BUGS
Only the first line of the .project file is printed. There is no way to pass arguments to the remote machine as finger uses an internet standard port. 4th Berkeley Distribution May 10, 1986 FINGER(1)