Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Find all locked files
Operating Systems AIX Find all locked files Post 302556019 by jgt on Friday 16th of September 2011 10:42:05 AM
Old 09-16-2011
Another possibility is that the ftp process has not completed by 6pm. The new file will show up in an 'ls' listing as soon as it is opened for writing, unlike MS operating systems where it does not show until the file is closed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

deleting locked files

I have some locked files ( locked via the Mac finder) I have tired rm -R and rm -rdf but it doesnt delete the locked files just says "override rw------- etc?" type "yes" and says "operation not permitted" is there some way to do this (or unlock the files) Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Aussie John
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find files older than 20 days & not use find

I need to find files that have the ending of .out and that are older than 20 days. However, I cannot use find as I do not want to search in the directories that are underneath the directory that I am searching in. How can this be done?? Find returns files that I do not want. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: halo98
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Little bit weired : Find files in UNIX w/o using find or where command

Yes , I have to find a file in unix without using any find or where commands.Any pointers for the same would be very helpful as i am beginner in shell scritping and need a solution for the same. Thanks in advance. Regards Jatin Jain (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: jatin.jain
10 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find locked files, print file path, unlock file

using OS X and the Terminal, I'd like to find all locked files in a specified directory, unlock them, and print a list of those files that were unlocked how can I do this? I'm familiar with chflags nouchg for unlocking one file but not familiar with unix enough to do what I'd like. Thanks! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alternapop
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

I have files that are locked up...

Here's the story: I had an LaCie Internet Space (1TB)... Recently the network (or software) functions of the device just died... I tried to access it via different routers, checking UTP, tried everything possible to rule out physical damage to components. Then i got the disk out of its... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: SentinelX
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to find locked processors

Hi all, i have no of processors .in that some processors locked. how to find the particular locked processors into list of all the processors. i hav no of processors like ex: processors 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 ---it is locked 1026 -- - - - - -- 2334334 so i don't know 1025 is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: venkatreddy
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days

what is the find to command to find the files created last 30 days (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajkumar_g
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

find Search - Find files not matching a pattern

Hello all, this is my first and probably not my last question around here. I do hope you can help or at least point me in the right direction. My question is as follows, I need to find files and possible folders which are not owner = AAA group = BBB with a said location and all sub folders ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kilobyter
7 Replies

9. Proxy Server

Samba kill the locked files from a useraccount by multiple smbd pids

Details Samba server: Release: 5.10 Kernel architecture: sun4u Application architecture: sparc Hardware provider: Sun_Microsystems Kernel version: SunOS 5.10 Generic_142909-17 Samba version: Samba version 3.5.6 Smb.conf file section Global: # smb.conf for Airbus Industries fuer... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jean-Guillaume
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find command to find a word from list of files

I need to find a word '% Retail by State' in the folder /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation. When I tried like below, -bash-4.1$ cd /usr/sas/reports/RetailSalesTaxallocation -bash-4.1$ find ./ -name % Retail by State find: paths must precede expression: Retail Usage: find ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ram Kumar_BE
10 Replies
File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3pm)

NAME
File::Find::Rule::Procedural - File::Find::Rule's procedural interface SYNOPSIS
use File::Find::Rule; # find all .pm files, procedurally my @files = find(file => name => '*.pm', in => @INC); DESCRIPTION
In addition to the regular object-oriented interface, File::Find::Rule provides two subroutines for you to use. "find( @clauses )" "rule( @clauses )" "find" and "rule" can be used to invoke any methods available to the OO version. "rule" is a synonym for "find" Passing more than one value to a clause is done with an anonymous array: my $finder = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ] ); "find" and "rule" both return a File::Find::Rule instance, unless one of the arguments is "in", in which case it returns a list of things that match the rule. my @files = find( name => [ '*.mp3', '*.ogg' ], in => $ENV{HOME} ); Please note that "in" will be the last clause evaluated, and so this code will search for mp3s regardless of size. my @files = find( name => '*.mp3', in => $ENV{HOME}, size => '<2k' ); ^ | Clause processing stopped here ------/ It is also possible to invert a single rule by prefixing it with "!" like so: # large files that aren't videos my @files = find( file => '!name' => [ '*.avi', '*.mov' ], size => '>20M', in => $ENV{HOME} ); AUTHOR
Richard Clamp <richardc@unixbeard.net> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003 Richard Clamp. All Rights Reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
File::Find::Rule perl v5.12.4 2011-09-19 File::Find::Rule::Procedural(3pm)