Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Extracting a word from a variable Post 302555949 by eo29 on Friday 16th of September 2011 08:00:19 AM
Old 09-16-2011
Fanstastic.......now why didnt I think of that. Many Thanks radoulov

---------- Post updated at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous update was at 11:32 AM ----------

radoulov,

The gsub(/cmi102 */,"") does not get rid of the acmi102, just removes the cmi102, but the "a" is still present, tried using the below to no avail...any help?

Code:
gsub(/+cmi102 */,"")

---------- Post updated at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:58 AM ----------

also note, that the "a" could be a many letters, so I could not used gsub(/acmi102 */,""), as I might be searching for axfbcmi102....etc....

Last edited by radoulov; 09-16-2011 at 09:11 AM.. Reason: Code tags!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting from second word

Hi all, I need to extract the Particular string from the whole word,the input file is : 123,345,aaaa,555,....,.... I need all the record from 345 so i need to eliminate the first record. Output: 345,aaa,5555,....,.....,..... Thanks in advance. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ithirak17
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Extracting the strings matching a pattern from a word

Hi All , I need to extract the strings that are matching with the pattern : CUST.<AnyStringOfAnyLength>.<AnyStringOfAnyLength> from a file and then write all these string into another file. e.g. If a file SOURCE contains following lines : IF(CUST.ABCD.EFGH==1) THEN CUST.ABCD.EFGH =... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: swapnil.nawale
7 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

extracting sentences that only contain a word

Hi guys Need your help how do I extract sentences with only a word i.e. today is hot hot very humid humid2 Sample output hot very (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamestan
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting sentences that only contain a word

Hi guys Need your help how do I extract sentences with only a word i.e. today is hot hot very humid humid2 Sample output hot (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: jamestan
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

extracting part of a line excluding particular word from it

here is the line on which i want to process `empNo` int(13) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT, it sometimes doesnt have comma at the end too `empNo` int(13) NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT i want to extract all except "AUTO_INCREMENT" not only this line i ,want the code to work on any line if it has... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivek d r
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problems extracting word using SED

I have a file containing strings such as: UPDATE PS_CA_BI_FF2_TA3 SET DELETE_ME = 'Y' WHERE PROCESS_INSTANCE BI.LAST_UPDATE_DTTM FROM PS_CA_BP_LINES LINE, PS_INTFC_BI BI WHERE EXISTS ( SELECT 'X' FROM PS_CA_BILL_PLAN BP WHERE BP.CONTRACT_NUM %Select(COUNTER4) SELECT COUNT(*) FROM PS_INTFC_BI... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpletech369
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Extracting part of a word

I have the code message={TP=2012:09:23:00:00:00:GMT,SD=2012:09:23:00:00:00:GMT,SP=2,FT=CCGT,FG=3605} I want to extract the FG=3605 parts of this. Please help. I am trying to do this using awk or unix. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JenniferTopham
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash - Extracting whole word containing substring

hello. I get this text when using some command : S | Name | Type | Version | Arch | Repository --+-----------------+---------+---------+------+------------- | AdobeReader_enu | package | 9.5.4-1 | i486 | zypper_local I need to get "AdobeReader_enu" from the the pattern "Ado"... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replacing first word while extracting

Hello All, I am extracting a part of file. the file looks as follows USING CHARACTER SET UTF8 DEFINE JOB ( DEFINE SCHEMA Flat_File_Schema ( cntnt_id VARCHAR(10) ); DEFINE OPERATOR o_mload TYPE update SCHEMA * ATTRIBUTES ( VARCHAR TdpId = @TdpId (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: nnani
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

sed - extracting the first word only if match

Hello. from a text file, I want to get only the first word ( before blank ) following code= grep -i -e "WORD1" "/path/to/text/file.txt | sed -n 's/WORD1\+//p' | sed -n 's/code=/\1/p' return an error. sed: -e expression #1, char 12: invalid reference \1 on `s' command's RHSFor debugging... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
12 Replies
set_color(1)                                                           fish                                                           set_color(1)

NAME
set_color - set_color - set the terminal color set_color - set the terminal color Synopsis set_color [-v --version] [-h --help] [-b --background COLOR] [COLOR] Description Change the foreground and/or background color of the terminal. COLOR is one of black, red, green, brown, yellow, blue, magenta, purple, cyan, white and normal. o -b, --background Set the background color o -c, --print-colors Prints a list of all valid color names o -h, --help Display help message and exit o -o, --bold Set bold or extra bright mode o -u, --underline Set underlined mode o -v, --version Display version and exit Calling set_color normal will set the terminal color to whatever is the default color of the terminal. Some terminals use the --bold escape sequence to switch to a brighter color set. On such terminals, set_color white will result in a grey font color, while set_color --bold white will result in a white font color. Not all terminal emulators support all these features. This is not a bug in set_color but a missing feature in the terminal emulator. set_color uses the terminfo database to look up how to change terminal colors on whatever terminal is in use. Some systems have old and incomplete terminfo databases, and may lack color information for terminals that support it. Download and install the latest version of ncurses and recompile fish against it in order to fix this issue. Version 1.23.1 Sun Jan 8 2012 set_color(1)