Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: sudo - command usage
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers sudo - command usage Post 302555947 by vbe on Friday 16th of September 2011 07:29:36 AM
Old 09-16-2011
I will add the - sign there is so it executes the .profile of the user in order to have his environment... in other words without - you would just "be" oracle from then on but without his environment ( most certainly most admin commands of a DBA would not load etc...)
This User Gave Thanks to vbe For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Cybersecurity

Sudo Usage level

Hi Admins, I have a Security question here. We have a bunch of users ( around 25) who needs to have sudo capabilities to run some jobs. I add them in the sudoers list, once confirmed their intention. Now im having a headache, who is accessing another persons home directory and who is... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: killerserv
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Sudo for a command

I am trying to set up sudo for a command, but do not want to specify the arguments that can be passed into it. I want the user who is using sudo to be able to pass in the arguments they want. I am fairly sure I know how to do this with RBAC in Solaris 10, but for reasons I will not get into I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: synchro
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and logical volume usage

how can I find cpu usage memory usage swap usage and I want to know CPU usage above X% and contiue Y times and memory usage above X % and contiue Y times my final destination is monitor process logical volume usage above X % and number of Logical voluage above can I not to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alert0919
3 Replies

4. AIX

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage,memory usage,CPU usage,network..?

How to monitor the IBM AIX server for I/O usage, memory usage, CPU usage, network usage, storage usage? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laknar
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sudo command

Hello, What does the below sudo command provide access to, does it allow a user to su to any other user except root. sudo !/usr/bin/su * (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sophos
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unable to use the Sudo command. "0509-130 Symbol resolution failed for sudo because:"

Hi! I'm very new to unix, so please keep that in mind with the level of language used if you choose to help :D Thanks! When attempting to use sudo on and AIX machine with oslevel 5.1.0.0, I get the following error: exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program sudo because of the following errors:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Chloe123
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Command to display the space usage (memory usage) of a specific directory.

Hi all, Can you please tell me the command, with which one can know the amount of space a specific directory has used. df -k . ---> Displays, the amount of space allocated, and used for a directory. du -k <dir name> - gives me the memory used of all the files inside <dir> But i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhisheksunkari
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Sudo command configs

I am wondering how to use SUDO command to allow only my account to run mount command as root. I have root privilege.:confused: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: almirzaee
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ssh foo.com sudo command - Prompts for sudo password as visible text. Help?

I am writing a BASH script to update a webserver and then restart Apache. It looks basically like this: #!/bin/bash rsync /path/on/local/machine/ foo.com:path/on/remote/machine/ ssh foo.com sudo /etc/init.d/apache2 reloadrsync and ssh don't prompt for a password, because I have DSA encryption... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fluoborate
9 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

SUDO command in script

hi, can some one explain the sudo -n equivalent in AIX Thanks Venkat K (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: venky.b5
5 Replies
prelude-admin(1)					      General Commands Manual						  prelude-admin(1)

NAME
prelude-admin - Manage agents accounts SYNOPSIS
prelude-admin <subcommand> [options] [args] prelude-admin add <profile name> [--uid UID] [--gid GID] prelude-admin chown <profile name> [--uid UID] [--gid GID] prelude-admin del <profile name> prelude-admin rename <profile name> <profile name> prelude-admin register <profile name> <wanted permission> <registration-server address> [--uid UID] [--gid GID] [--passwd=PASSWD>] [--passwd-file=<FILE>] prelude-admin registration-server <profile name> [--uid UID] [--gid GID] [--prompt] [--passwd=PASSWD>] [--passwd-file=<FILE>] [--keepalive] [--no-confirm] [--listen] prelude-admin revoke <profile> <analyzerID> [--uid UID] [--gid GID] DESCRIPTION
In order for an agent to communicate with a manager, it must be registered. Registration involves several steps: - Allocating an unique identity for the agent - Creating directory to be used by the agent (example: failover purpose) - Registering to a remote 'prelude-manager': get a signed X509 certificate that will allow communication between agent and manager using the specified permissions. All these informations are stored in an agent profile. An agent profile is identified by its name. When an agent is started, it will load the profile of the same name as the program itself, that is, if your agent is named "prelude-lml", the agent will load the profile named "prelude-lml". The name of the profile can be overriden using the '--prelude --profile name_of_my_profile' command line option. It is possible to define the profile name so that you can have several instances of one agent running with different permissions, using different profiles. Note that profiles are not specific to agents, but are used in all programs of the Prelude suite (agents, managers, etc). If you are not sure which permission your agent should get, just start it and default permissions will be displayed. OPTIONS
<profile name> is the default name of the agent you are installing or your own defined name. If you start your agent without prior registration, a warning is displayed including the default profile name on how to register the agent. <requested permission> is the permission your agent needs. It is composed of permission attributes (idmef or admin) and access type: read/write (r/w). By default, an agent need permissions for writing IDMEF to a manager, and reading administrative command sent to it. That is : "idmef:w admin:r". <manager address> is the address of the prelude-manager you wish to register. this can either be its IP address or its hostname. If you made a local installation, you can write localhost to connect via unix socket. Remember to use the correct uid/gid when registering your agent. For instance, if you want to register snort (running with snort euid / egid), use --uid snort --gid snort. add <analyzer profile> Setup a new agent user. --uid=UID UID or user to use to setup agent files. --gid=GID GID or group to use to setup agent files. chown <analyzer profile> Change analyzer owner. --uid=UID UID or user to use to setup agent files. --gid=GID GID or group to use to setup agent files. del <analyzer profile> The delete command will remove the agent files created through "add" command. Once this is done, the analyzer can't be used unless "register" or "add" is called again. rename <analyzer profile> <analyzer profile> Rename an existing analyzer. register <profile name> <wanted permission> <registration-server address> Register an analyzer. Register and create the analyzer basic setup if needed. It will also configure communication of this analyzer with a receiving ana- lyzer (like a Manager) through the specified registration-server. --uid=UID UID or user to use to setup analyzer files. --gid=GID GID or group to use to setup analyzer files. --passwd=PASSWD Use provided password instead of prompting it. --passwd-file=-|FILE Read password from file instead of prompting it (- for stdin). registration-server <profile name> Start a registration server to register agents. This is used in order to register 'sending' analyzer to 'receiving' analyzer. <pro- file name> should be set to the profile name of the --uid=UID UID or user to use to setup 'receiving' analyzer files. --gid=GID GID or group to use to setup 'receiving' analyzer files. --prompt Prompt for a password instead of auto generating it. --passwd=PASSWD Use provided password instead of auto generating it. --passwd-file=-|FILE Read password from file instead of auto generating it (- for stdin). --keepalive Register analyzer in an infinite loop. --no-confirm Do not ask for confirmation on agent registration. --listen Address to listen on for registration request (default is any:5553). revoke <profile name> Revoke access to <profile> for the given analyzerID. --uid=UID UID or user to use to setup analyzer files. --gid=GID GID to group to use to setup analyzer files. --help Print help AUTHOR
This man page has been written by Frederic Motte 19 June 2007 prelude-admin(1)