Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem tabbing the data.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem tabbing the data. Post 302555896 by birei on Friday 16th of September 2011 04:57:19 AM
Old 09-16-2011
Hi,

It would be helpful if you provide exactly your input and what output you expect.

Regards,
Birei

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem of Data Loading....

i am studying a script which is used for data loading. it has functions which deletes all the existing data before loading and then loads new fresh data. but i am stuck up at function Replace into table ( col 1,col 2....) Does this signify All Inserts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help !!!!Problem with data file

I have a 1 million record file and in there i have 580 bad records meaning like they were spread on to 2 lines and is making my process fail as it is expecting single line records. How can i correct this records spread into 2 lines into single line or how i can writer these records into a new... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
34 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting vector data

Hi, Currently I have two files; A and B. File A has below data:- -3 + <1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 > - 1] -2 + <8 8 3 4 0 3 7 9 1 3 > - 1] -1 + <3 7 3 4 8 2 7 2 1 2 > - 1] -3 + <2 2 3 4 3 1 7 8 8 2 > - 1] and File B has below data:- <9 1 1 4 2 6 3 8 8 9 > From these two files, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

data reading problem..

In LVM I have one volume grp and it has two logical volumes A and B and both are full,so I extended my volume grp to 1GB with another hard disk and add this space to A and put my resr data .Now problem is that I get data from first hard disk only but I m unable to find data which is in second hard... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul chauhan
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data problem

Hi all, suppose i have one file and in that file there are thousand of record like below . if i want to fill the bold position below with some value suppose 000000 then how it would be in shell script ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to data re-arrangement problem

Input file <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data reformat and rearrangement problem asking

Input file: dependent general_process dependent general_process regulation general_process - - template component food component binding data_rearrangement binding data_rearrangement specific_activity data_rearrangement - ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbing a line a variable number of times in shell

Hi, I had another question. I was wondering if there was a way to tab a line a variable number of times in tcsh. To go into details, I want to tab a line by how deep a file is in its path. So here is an example code: set filea=/blah1/blah2/blah3 set fileb=/blah1/blah2/blah3/blah4 set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chu816
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in binning the data

hi i have some data like this input: 1 apples oranges 234 2 oranges apples 2345 3 grapes bananas 1000000 4 melons banans 10000000 5 bananas apples 5000000 6 mangoes banans 2000000 7 apples bananas 1999999 i want to put all those which are coming between 1 and 999999 in to one bin... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with inserting data

Hi, i am doing a simple script to insert logs into particular table through shell script when i run the script, it is inserting null value. Any explanation on this. Here is my script. #!/bin/sh export db_connection_url=apps/apps@VIS ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
2 Replies
META2BMP(1)						      General Commands Manual						       META2BMP(1)

NAME
meta2bmp - convert metafile to Windows Bitmap (BMP) File SYNOPSIS
meta2bmp [ -c | -r ][ -x width ][ -y height ][ -m minrad ][ -o outname ] file .. DESCRIPTION
Meta2bmp reads each metafile file in sequence and converts it to a compressed, color-mapped BMP file. The result is sent to the standard output (which must be redirected) unless the -o option is used. The argument to the -o option specifies the base file name, to which a page number and ".bmp" is added as a suffix. Note that this option must be present in order to produce more than a single page of output. The default output resolution is 400 by 400, but a different resolution can be given with the -x and -y options. The -m option can be used to set a minimum value for the line radius in pixels. This may be helpful for improving the readability of high resolution output. The default value is 0, which allows lines of one pixel thickness. If the option -c is specified, the input files are only conditioned for output, ie. expanded (see pexpand). This is useful if many copies of the same output is desired. If the option -r is instead specified, the input is assumed already to be conditioned. If no input files are specified, the standard input is read. EXAMPLE
To convert the plots examp1.plt and examp2.plt to 1024x1024 Targa files: bgraph examp1.plt examp2.plt | meta2bmp -o examp -x 1024 -y 1024 FILES
see pexpand(1) and psort(1) AUTHOR
Greg Ward SEE ALSO
bgraph(1), igraph(1), meta2tga(1), pexpand(1), psmeta(1), psort(1), ra_t8(1) RADIANCE
6/24/98 META2BMP(1)