Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem tabbing the data.
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem tabbing the data. Post 302555881 by nikki1200 on Friday 16th of September 2011 02:38:47 AM
Old 09-16-2011
Problem tabbing the data.

Hi All,

I'm having a problem tabbing the data. can you please help me tab the data. i used sed but it's not working.

ex.
BUNDLE1MB(6spaces)|Y|ng_oliv10@shellscript.com.ph(6spaces)562.60.61.20(6spaces)562.61.35

here's my code
Code:
sed "s/  //g" Userid_dsl_npm.txt__200 | sed "s/ |/      /g" | sed "s/|/ /g" > out.temp

i'm having problem tabbing the input data. can you please help me on this.

please advise,

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem of Data Loading....

i am studying a script which is used for data loading. it has functions which deletes all the existing data before loading and then loads new fresh data. but i am stuck up at function Replace into table ( col 1,col 2....) Does this signify All Inserts. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankitgupta
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please help !!!!Problem with data file

I have a 1 million record file and in there i have 580 bad records meaning like they were spread on to 2 lines and is making my process fail as it is expecting single line records. How can i correct this records spread into 2 lines into single line or how i can writer these records into a new... (34 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsravan
34 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in extracting vector data

Hi, Currently I have two files; A and B. File A has below data:- -3 + <1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 1 2 > - 1] -2 + <8 8 3 4 0 3 7 9 1 3 > - 1] -1 + <3 7 3 4 8 2 7 2 1 2 > - 1] -3 + <2 2 3 4 3 1 7 8 8 2 > - 1] and File B has below data:- <9 1 1 4 2 6 3 8 8 9 > From these two files, I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
2 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

data reading problem..

In LVM I have one volume grp and it has two logical volumes A and B and both are full,so I extended my volume grp to 1GB with another hard disk and add this space to A and put my resr data .Now problem is that I get data from first hard disk only but I m unable to find data which is in second hard... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul chauhan
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data problem

Hi all, suppose i have one file and in that file there are thousand of record like below . if i want to fill the bold position below with some value suppose 000000 then how it would be in shell script ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aishsimplesweet
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to data re-arrangement problem

Input file <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ <data id>="1">\ </data>\ <data id>="2">\ </data>\ <code>="1" target="2">\ </code>\ (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data reformat and rearrangement problem asking

Input file: dependent general_process dependent general_process regulation general_process - - template component food component binding data_rearrangement binding data_rearrangement specific_activity data_rearrangement - ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp_beginner
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Tabbing a line a variable number of times in shell

Hi, I had another question. I was wondering if there was a way to tab a line a variable number of times in tcsh. To go into details, I want to tab a line by how deep a file is in its path. So here is an example code: set filea=/blah1/blah2/blah3 set fileb=/blah1/blah2/blah3/blah4 set... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chu816
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in binning the data

hi i have some data like this input: 1 apples oranges 234 2 oranges apples 2345 3 grapes bananas 1000000 4 melons banans 10000000 5 bananas apples 5000000 6 mangoes banans 2000000 7 apples bananas 1999999 i want to put all those which are coming between 1 and 999999 in to one bin... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anurupa777
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with inserting data

Hi, i am doing a simple script to insert logs into particular table through shell script when i run the script, it is inserting null value. Any explanation on this. Here is my script. #!/bin/sh export db_connection_url=apps/apps@VIS ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rami Reddy
2 Replies
SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)					      GNU Portable Shell Tool					       SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)

NAME
shtool-subst - GNU shtool sed(1) substitution operations SYNOPSIS
shtool subst [-v|--verbose] [-t|--trace] [-n|--nop] [-w|--warning] [-q|--quiet] [-s|--stealth] [-i|--interactive] [-b|--backup ext] [-e|--exec cmd] [-f|--file cmd-file] [file] [file ...] DESCRIPTION
This command applies one or more sed(1) substitution operations to stdin or any number of files. OPTIONS
The following command line options are available. -v, --verbose Display some processing information. -t, --trace Enable the output of the essential shell commands which are executed. -n, --nop No operation mode. Actual execution of the essential shell commands which would be executed is suppressed. -w, --warning Show warning on substitution operation resulting in no content change on every file. The default is to show a warning on substitution operations resulted in no content change on all files. -q, --quiet Suppress warning on substitution operation resulting in no content change. -s, --stealth Stealth operation. Preserve timestamp on file. -i, --interactive Enter interactive mode where the user has to approve each operation. -b, --backup ext Preserve backup of original file using file name extension ext. Default is to overwrite the original file. -e, --exec cmd Specify sed(1) command directly. -f, --file cmd-file Read sed(1) command from file. EXAMPLE
# shell script shtool subst -i -e 's;(c) ([0-9]*)-2000;(c) 1-2001;' *.[ch] # RPM spec-file %install shtool subst -v -n -e 's;^(prefix=).*;1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix};g' -e 's;^(sysconfdir=).*;1 $RPM_BUILD_ROOT%{_prefix}/etc;g' `find . -name Makefile -print` make install HISTORY
The GNU shtool subst command was originally written by Ralf S. Engelschall <rse@engelschall.com> in 2001 for GNU shtool. It was prompted by the need to have a uniform and convenient patching frontend to sed(1) operations in the OpenPKG package specifications. SEE ALSO
shtool(1), sed(1). 18-Jul-2008 shtool 2.0.8 SHTOOL-SUBST.TMP(1)