Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing files names in directory over two servers Post 302555865 by Chubler_XL on Friday 16th of September 2011 12:34:43 AM
Old 09-16-2011
--del removes files/directories in the destination path that don't exist in the source. This is done during transfer of changed/new files (not before or after).

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name

dear all. how can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name like i have 3 files 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 and i have 3 directories 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 how can i make a loop to cp this files into the directory have the same name like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t17
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name?

dear all. how can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name like i have 3 files 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 and i have 3 directories 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 how can i make a loop to cp this files into the directory have the same name like... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: t17
31 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store files names from a directory to an array

Hi I want to store the file names into an array. I have written like this but I am getting error. declare -A arr_Filenames ls -l *.log | set -A arr_Filenames $(awk '{print $9}') index=0 while (( $index < ${#arr_Filenames })); do Current_Filename=${arr_Filenames} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files which has names in uppercase in a directory

i want to display all the files which has their names in the Uppercase in a particular directory...guide.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheelsadan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing files in a directory against an array of files

I hope I can explain this correctly. I am using Bash-4.2 for my shell. I have a group of file names held in an array. I want to compare the names in this array against the names of files currently present in a directory. If the file does not exist in the directory, that is not a problem.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BudMan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing file ownership/permission and content of files located on two different servers

Hi All, can some one suggest me a tool to compare file ownership/permission and contents of files located at two different unix servers? Thanks, Pranav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pranav Bhasker
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit names of files in a directory

Hi all, I have a directory with multiple (thousnads) of files, which are named this way ABCDEF.wo.im-1 OKRAME.ire.roi IOJEAFO01.irt.gfg IMNYBL05.REG.gkf I would like to keep the part of the name (everything before the first dot in the filename). The desired output: ABCDEF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Error404
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in directory with similar names

So, I have a directory tree that has many files named thusly: X_REVY.PDF I need to find any files that have the same X portion (which can be nearly anything) as any another file (in any directory) but have different Y portions (which can be any number from 1-99). I then need it to return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamezero
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies
DH_CLEAN(1)							     Debhelper							       DH_CLEAN(1)

NAME
dh_clean - clean up package build directories SYNOPSIS
dh_clean [debhelperoptions] [-k] [-d] [-Xitem] [path...] DESCRIPTION
dh_clean is a debhelper program that is responsible for cleaning up after a package is built. It removes the package build directories, and removes some other files including debian/files, and any detritus left behind by other debhelper commands. It also removes common files that should not appear in a Debian diff: #*# *~ DEADJOE *.orig *.rej *.SUMS TAGS .deps/* *.P *-stamp It does not run "make clean" to clean up after the build process. Use dh_auto_clean(1) to do things like that. dh_clean should be the last debhelper command run in the clean target in debian/rules. FILES
debian/clean Can list other paths to be removed. Note that directories listed in this file must end with a trailing slash. Any content in these directories will be removed as well. OPTIONS
-k, --keep This is deprecated, use dh_prep(1) instead. The option is removed in compat 12. -d, --dirs-only Only clean the package build directories, do not clean up any other files at all. -Xitem --exclude=item Exclude files that contain item anywhere in their filename from being deleted, even if they would normally be deleted. You may use this option multiple times to build up a list of things to exclude. path ... Delete these paths too. Note that directories passed as arguments must end with a trailing slash. Any content in these directories will be removed as well. SEE ALSO
debhelper(7) This program is a part of debhelper. AUTHOR
Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> 11.1.6ubuntu2 2018-05-10 DH_CLEAN(1)