Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Comparing files names in directory over two servers Post 302555858 by Olivia on Thursday 15th of September 2011 11:37:09 PM
Old 09-16-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubler_XL
rsync is the tool for this sort of thing, the --dry-run option should report what would happen if you went ahead, it runs over ssh and is quite configurable.

This might be a good starting point:

Code:
rsync -avx --del --dry-run /path/to/local/tree  remote:/path/to/remove/tree > logfile

Thank you so much.. can you brief me what does --del mean??

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name

dear all. how can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name like i have 3 files 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 and i have 3 directories 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 how can i make a loop to cp this files into the directory have the same name like... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: t17
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name?

dear all. how can i copy a list of files with different names into others directory have the same name like i have 3 files 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 and i have 3 directories 10_10 10_10_11 10_10_11_12 how can i make a loop to cp this files into the directory have the same name like... (31 Replies)
Discussion started by: t17
31 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to store files names from a directory to an array

Hi I want to store the file names into an array. I have written like this but I am getting error. declare -A arr_Filenames ls -l *.log | set -A arr_Filenames $(awk '{print $9}') index=0 while (( $index < ${#arr_Filenames })); do Current_Filename=${arr_Filenames} ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dgmm
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grepping file names, comparing them to a directory of files, and moving them into a new directory

got it figured out :) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sHockz
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find all files which has names in uppercase in a directory

i want to display all the files which has their names in the Uppercase in a particular directory...guide.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sheelsadan
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing files in a directory against an array of files

I hope I can explain this correctly. I am using Bash-4.2 for my shell. I have a group of file names held in an array. I want to compare the names in this array against the names of files currently present in a directory. If the file does not exist in the directory, that is not a problem.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: BudMan
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing file ownership/permission and content of files located on two different servers

Hi All, can some one suggest me a tool to compare file ownership/permission and contents of files located at two different unix servers? Thanks, Pranav (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Pranav Bhasker
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Edit names of files in a directory

Hi all, I have a directory with multiple (thousnads) of files, which are named this way ABCDEF.wo.im-1 OKRAME.ire.roi IOJEAFO01.irt.gfg IMNYBL05.REG.gkf I would like to keep the part of the name (everything before the first dot in the filename). The desired output: ABCDEF... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Error404
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding files in directory with similar names

So, I have a directory tree that has many files named thusly: X_REVY.PDF I need to find any files that have the same X portion (which can be nearly anything) as any another file (in any directory) but have different Y portions (which can be any number from 1-99). I then need it to return... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kamezero
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Directory containing files,Print names of the files in the directory that are exactly same content.

Given a directory containing say a few thousand files, please output a list of all the names of the files in the directory that are exactly the same, i.e. have the same contents. func(a_directory_name) output -> {“matches”: , ... ]} e.g. func(“/home/my/files”) where the directory... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
7 Replies
vzmigrate(8)							    Containers							      vzmigrate(8)

NAME
vzmigrate - migrate a container between two OpenVZ servers SYNOPSIS
vzmigrate [-r|--remove-area yes|no] [--ssh=ssh_options] [--rsync=rsync_options] [--keep-dst] [--online] [-v] destination_address CTID DESCRIPTION
This utility is used to migrate a container from one (source) Hardware Node (HN) to another (destination) HN. The utility can migrate either stopped or running container. For a stopped container, simple CT private area transfer is performed (rsync(1) is used for file transfer). For running containers, migration may be offline (default) or online. This program uses ssh as a transport layer. You will need to put ssh public key to destination node and be able to connect to node without entering password. OPTIONS
-r, --remove-area yes | no Whether to remove a container area on source HN for the successfully migrated container. Default is yes. --ssh=options Additional options that will be passed to ssh while establishing connection to destination HN. --rsync=options Additional options that will be passed to rsync(8). You may add options like -z to enable data compression if you are migrating over a slow link. --keep-dst Do not clean synced destination container private area in case of some error. It makes sense to use this option on big container migration to avoid syncing container private area again in case some error (on container stop for example) occurs during first migration attempt. --online Perform online (zero-downtime) migration: during the migration the container hangs for a while and after the migration it continues working as though nothing has happened. -v Verbose mode. Causes vzmigrate to print debugging messages about its progress. Multiple -v options increase the verbosity. The maximum is 3. EXAMPLES
Migration of CT 101 to 192.168.1.130 with downtime: vzmigrate 192.168.1.130 101 Online migration of CT 102 to 192.168.1.130: vzmigrate --online 192.168.1.130 102 EXIT STATUS
0 EXIT_OK Command completed successfully. 1 EXIT_USAGE Bad command line options. 2 EXIT_VE_STOPPED Container is stopped. 4 EXIT_CONNECT Can't connect to destination (source) HN. 6 EXIT_COPY Container private area copying/moving failed. 7 EXIT_VE_START Can't start or restore destination CT. 8 EXIT_VE_STOP Can't stop or checkpoint source CT. 9 EXIT_EXISTS Container already exists on destination HN. 10 EXIT_NOTEXIST Container does not exists on source HN. 12 EXIT_IP_INUSE You attempt to migrate CT which IP address(es) are already in use on the destination node. 13 EXIT_QUOTA Operation with CT quota failed. SEE ALSO
rsync(1). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001-2010, Parallels, Inc. Licensed under GNU GPL. OpenVZ 28 Jun 2011 vzmigrate(8)