Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Diff two files with threshold value Post 302555794 by birei on Thursday 15th of September 2011 03:45:41 PM
Old 09-15-2011
Hi,

Your explanation is not clear for me:

Quote:
i have two big file which have thousand of line.
Both files have same number of lines?

Quote:
i have to sort on two key fields then diff the file.
Which fields?

Quote:
if the interger value of one of the column is less then or greater then 1 it should ignore it.
I don't understand this.

Quote:
diff Output --expected

Code:
  uvw|1000|abe|5.6

I don't understand that output. Lines that exists in one file but not in the other?

Regards,
Birei

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff 2 files; output diff's to 3rd file

Hello, I want to compare two files. All records in file 2 that are not in file 1 should be output to file 3. For example: file 1 123 1234 123456 file 2 123 2345 23456 file 3 should have 2345 23456 I have looked at diff, bdiff, cmp, comm, diff3 without any luck! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blt123
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find duplicates from multuple files with 2 diff types of files

I need to compare 2 diff type of files and find out the duplicate after comparing each types of files: Type 1 file name is like: file1.abc (the extension abc could any 3 characters but I can narrow it down or hardcode for 10/15 combinations). The other file is file1.bcd01abc (the extension... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricky007
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare all files in a directory to a threshold value

Hi guys, I have the following, and would like to enhance it be be able to run it in the hard coded directory and compare each file in the directory with the expectedSizeHow would I go about doing this? Thanks, Bloke #!/bin/sh ] || { echo "Usage: watchSizes 400"; exit 0 ; } #Hammer: How... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Bloke
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff b/w 2 files

Hi Masters, I have two files named file1 and file2. Both the files contains the same contents with some difference in comments,space.But no content change. I tried to find the diff between the two files to make sure that contents are same. For that i tried diff -ibw file1 file2 But... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ecearund
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff of files

Hi, I have 2 files.I want to check if file1 is contained in file2. A.txt: ----- AAA BBB B.txt: ------ CCC AAA BBB DDD I want to check if A.txt is contained in B.txt. Can it be done using SED ? (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: giri_luck
12 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

diff bw two files

Hi All, I have two files which look as below File1 serial="1" name="abc" type="employee" field="IT" serial="2" name="cde" type="intern" field="Marketing" serial="3" name="pqr" type="contractor" field="IT" serial="4" name="xyz" type="employee" field="Sales" File2 serial="1"... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: grajp002
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using Diff to Compare 2 files

Hi I've been trying various methods that I have found online with regards to comparing 2 files using the diff command. Nothing seems to work. The problem is that I'm not too familiar with the proper syntax. Can you please assist me. Here is my script: #!/bin/bash awk -F',' -v file1="$1"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladyAnne
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

.procmailrc and uudeview (put attachments from diff senders to diff folders)

Moderator, please, delete this topic (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: optik77
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script for deleting files and directories when the file system reaches the threshold

Hi Can someone assist in writing a script. I have a filesystem named /sybase in my aix lpar. When this filesystem becomes 94% full all the files and directories under /sybase/logs should be deleted immediately. :confused: (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: newtoaixos
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Diff 3 files, but diff only their 2nd column

Guys i have 3 files, but i want to compare and diff only the 2nd column path=`/home/whois/doms` for i in `cat domain.tx` do whois $i| sed -n '/Registry Registrant ID:/,/Registrant Email:/p' > $path/$i.registrant whois $i| sed -n '/Registry Admin ID:/,/Admin Email:/p' > $path/$i.admin... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: kenshinhimura
10 Replies
Array::Diff(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Array::Diff(3pm)

NAME
Array::Diff - Find the differences between two arrays SYNOPSIS
my @old = ( 'a', 'b', 'c' ); my @new = ( 'b', 'c', 'd' ); my $diff = Array::Diff->diff( @old, @new ); $diff->count # 2 $diff->added # [ 'd' ]; $diff->deleted # [ 'a' ]; DESCRIPTION
This module compares two arrays and returns the added or deleted elements in two separate arrays. It's a simple wrapper around Algorithm::Diff. And if you need more complex array tools, check Array::Compare. METHODS
new () Create a new "Array::Diff" object. diff ( OLD, NEW ) Compute the differences between two arrays. The results are stored in the "added", "deleted", and "count" properties that may be examined using the corresponding methods. This method may be invoked as an object method, in which case it will recalculate the differences and repopulate the "count", "added", and "removed" properties, or as a static method, in which case it will return a newly-created "Array::Diff" object with the properies set appropriately. added ( [VALUES ] ) Get or set the elements present in the "NEW" array and absent in the "OLD" one at the comparison performed by the last "diff()" invocation. deleted ( [VALUES] ) Get or set the elements present in the "OLD" array and absent in the "NEW" one at the comparison performed by the last "diff()" invocation. count ( [VALUE] ) Get or set the total number of added or deleted elements at the comparison performed by the last "diff()" invocation. This count should be equal to the sum of the number of elements in the "added" and "deleted" properties. SEE ALSO
Algorithm::Diff AUTHOR
Daisuke Murase <typester@cpan.org> COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (c) 2009 by Daisuke Murase. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. The full text of the license can be found in the LICENSE file included with this module. perl v5.10.1 2010-10-08 Array::Diff(3pm)