Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: perl find and replace
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting perl find and replace Post 302555658 by vbe on Thursday 15th of September 2011 09:05:23 AM
Old 09-15-2011
After flagrant disregard forum rules, user banned

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parentheses in perl find/replace

I'm trying to use the following command to do a batch find and replace in all commonly named files through a file hierarchy find . -name 'file' |xargs perl -pi -e 's/find/replace/g' which works fine except for a substitution involving parenthesis. As a specific example I'm trying to sub... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeffish
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find/replace to new file: ksh -> perl

I have korn shell script that genretaets 100 file based on template replacing the number. The template file is as below: $ cat template file number: NUMBER The shell script is as below: $ cat gen.sh #!/bin/ksh i=1; while ((i <= 100)); do sed "s/NUMBER/$i/" template > file_${i} ((... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: McLan
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to use sed or perl command to find and replace a directory in a file

how to use sed command to find and replace a directory i have a file.. which contains lot of paths ... for eg.. file contains.. /usr/kk/rr/12345/1 /usr/kk/rr/12345/2 /usr/kk/rr/12345/3 /usr/kk/rr/12345/4 /usr/kk/rr/12345/5 /usr/kk/rr/12345/6 /usr/kk/rr/12345/7... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wip_vasikaran
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find & Replace string in multiple files & folders using perl

find . -type f -name "*.sql" -print|xargs perl -i -pe 's/pattern/replaced/g' this is simple logic to find and replace in multiple files & folders Hope this helps. Thanks Zaheer (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Zaheer.mic
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find the count and replace the particular part of string in perl?

Hi, I am taking the current time using localtime function in perl. For example if the time is: #Using localtime $time = "12:3:10"; I have to replace the value 3 (03) i.e second position to be 03. The output should be: 12:03:10 But if the other string for example: $str:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vanitham
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Have a find/replace perl script thats broke

Hello Folks, #!/usr/bin/perl use File::Find; open F,shift or die $!; my %ip=map/(\S+)\s+(\S+)/,<F>; close F; find sub{ if( -f ){ local @ARGV=($_); local $^I=""; while( <> ){ !/#/ && s/(\w+)\.fs\.rich\.us/$ip{$1}/g; print; } }... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: richsark
8 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Character Find and replace in Unix or Perl

Hi, I am stuck with an problem and want some help, what i want to do is There is a directory name temp which include file named t1.txt, t2,txt, t3.txt and so on. These files contains data, but there are some bad character also that is % present in the files , I want to write the script... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: parthmittal2007
13 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Perl find & replace - what am I doing wrong?

Hi! I have a directory full of .plist type files from which I need to delete a line. Not every file contains the line, but of course I'd like to do it recursively. The line which I want to delete is: <string>com.apple.PhotoBooth</string> and looks like this in its native habitat: ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: sudon't
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find and replace, perl code

Hi, Can somebody tell whats wrong with "find and replace perl code". I wanted to find "\n".write(status,data" and replace with "\n",data" in multipls files. #!/usr/bin/perl my @files = <*.c>; foreach $fileName (@files) { print "$fileName\n"; my $searchStr0 =... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: chettyravi
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

find and Replace String in Perl - Regexp

Trying to find and replace one string with another string in a file #!/usr/bin/perl $csd_table_path = "/file.ntab"; $find_str = '--bundle_type=021'; $repl_str = '--bundle_type=021 --target=/dev/disk1s2'; if( system("/usr/bin/perl -p -i -e 's/$find_str/$repl_str/' $csd_table_path")... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cillmor
2 Replies
GIT-REPLACE(1)							    Git Manual							    GIT-REPLACE(1)

NAME
git-replace - Create, list, delete refs to replace objects SYNOPSIS
git replace [-f] <object> <replacement> git replace -d <object>... git replace -l [<pattern>] DESCRIPTION
Adds a replace reference in .git/refs/replace/ The name of the replace reference is the SHA1 of the object that is replaced. The content of the replace reference is the SHA1 of the replacement object. Unless -f is given, the replace reference must not yet exist in .git/refs/replace/ directory. Replacement references will be used by default by all git commands except those doing reachability traversal (prune, pack transfer and fsck). It is possible to disable use of replacement references for any command using the --no-replace-objects option just after git. For example if commit foo has been replaced by commit bar: $ git --no-replace-objects cat-file commit foo shows information about commit foo, while: $ git cat-file commit foo shows information about commit bar. The GIT_NO_REPLACE_OBJECTS environment variable can be set to achieve the same effect as the --no-replace-objects option. OPTIONS
-f If an existing replace ref for the same object exists, it will be overwritten (instead of failing). -d Delete existing replace refs for the given objects. -l <pattern> List replace refs for objects that match the given pattern (or all if no pattern is given). Typing "git replace" without arguments, also lists all replace refs. BUGS
Comparing blobs or trees that have been replaced with those that replace them will not work properly. And using git reset --hard to go back to a replaced commit will move the branch to the replacement commit instead of the replaced commit. There may be other problems when using git rev-list related to pending objects. And of course things may break if an object of one type is replaced by an object of another type (for example a blob replaced by a commit). SEE ALSO
git-tag(1) git-branch(1) git(1) GIT
Part of the git(1) suite Git 1.7.10.4 11/24/2012 GIT-REPLACE(1)