Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Listing files of PAST 7 days and concatenate it... Post 302555654 by jayan_jay on Thursday 15th of September 2011 09:01:02 AM
Old 09-15-2011
try this ..
Code:
$ find . -type f -mtime -7 -exec cat {} > 7dayfilecontent \; 2>/dev/null

Last edited by jayan_jay; 09-15-2011 at 10:01 AM.. Reason: didnt see the above post :)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing

need help with this ... Find files older than 5 days and remove tem after listing list "test" file older than 5 days and then remove them (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ypatel6871
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

creating a CSV file for past 7 days

I have a requirement which will select the files with a specific naming convention which got created in past 7 days in a specific directory.Lets say the directory is /data/XYZ and the file names follow the below nomenclature like Daily_File*.txt I just need to create one CSV file which will... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: dr46014
12 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

find files from the past 7 days

Hi All, I have a file which contains the listing of another directory: >cat list.dat -rwxr-xr-x 1 test staff 10240 Oct 02 06:53 test.txtdd -rwxrwxrwx 1 test staff 0 Oct 04 07:22 test.txx -rwxrwxrwx 1 test staff 132 Sep 16 2007 test_tt.sh... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deepakgang
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to find a date which is 7 days past when given current date

hii all. I have to get the date of the 7th day past from the current date. if i give the current date as sep 3 then i must get the date as 27th of august. can we get the values from the "cal" command. cal | awk '{print $2}' will this type of command work. actually my need is if today is... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: ladtony
17 Replies

5. HP-UX

listing processes older than n days

Hello; trying to find processes older than n days, mostly user shells Tried the following code on 11.31 box: in this case older than 5 days UNIX95= ps -ef -o user,pid,ppid,cpu,etime,stime | grep "-" | awk '{print $2}' | xargs ps -ef|grep -v '?' |\ awk '$5 !~ ""' | awk '($5 ~ "$(date "+%b")")... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: delphys
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Seven days past date from current date

hi all.. i want 2 know how 2 find 7days past date from current date.. when i used set datetime = `date '+%m%d%y'` i got 060613.. i just want to know hw to get 053013.. i tried using date functions but couldnt get it :( i use c shell and there is no chance that i can change that ..... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rahul619
3 Replies

7. UNIX and Linux Applications

From past 10 days my one job is taking lots of time

One of my job is taking long running time. I need to identify from the unix log file can you please help how to troubleshoot. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Nsharma3006
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Listing files older than 30 days

Hi, Could someone help me that what the problem is in this code? #!/bin/sh FOLDER=/abc/datasource/checkstatus TIMESTAMP=$(date +%s) for filename in $(find $FOLDER -maxdepth 1 -type f -name "CHECK_STATUS*"); do f1=$($filename -Eo "{4}+") f2=$(date -d "$f1" +%s) if... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Home
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Should pick latest file within past 3 days using UNIX script and perform steps in message below.

Hi , Can anyone help me how do perform below requirement in unix. Step1:we will receive multiple files weekly with same name(as below) in a folder(In folder we will have other files also def.dat,ghf.dat) Filenames: 1) abc_20171204_052389.dat 2)abc_20171204_052428.dat DON'T modify... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnykamal59
23 Replies
BZEXE(1)						      General Commands Manual							  BZEXE(1)

NAME
bzexe - compress executable files in place SYNOPSIS
bzexe [ name ... ] DESCRIPTION
The bzexe utility allows you to compress executables in place and have them automatically uncompress and execute when you run them (at a penalty in performance). For example if you execute ``bzexe /bin/cat'' it will create the following two files: -r-xr-xr-x 1 root bin 9644 Feb 11 11:16 /bin/cat -r-xr-xr-x 1 bin bin 24576 Nov 23 13:21 /bin/cat~ /bin/cat~ is the original file and /bin/cat is the self-uncompressing executable file. You can remove /bin/cat~ once you are sure that /bin/cat works properly. This utility is most useful on systems with very small disks. OPTIONS
-d Decompress the given executables instead of compressing them. SEE ALSO
bzip2(1), znew(1), zmore(1), zcmp(1), zforce(1) CAVEATS
The compressed executable is a shell script. This may create some security holes. In particular, the compressed executable relies on the PATH environment variable to find gzip and some other utilities (tail, chmod, ln, sleep). BUGS
bzexe attempts to retain the original file attributes on the compressed executable, but you may have to fix them manually in some cases, using chmod or chown. BZEXE(1)