Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Linux Fedora What is the right way to mount and umount a usb driver? Post 302555462 by vistastar on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 08:44:36 PM
Old 09-14-2011
Thank you. I know the reason, it's my usb dirve's fault. It goes wrong sometimes. After I mount it, it is writable, but some seconds later it isn't.

Another question: Why my usb drive has sdb and sdb1, while another usb drive has only sdb?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Writing a script to mount and umount a drive in Linux

I have a 1 GB jazz drive. The jazz disk is used daily, both at home and at work on my Win 98 Server. So, I have to keep it in vfat format, which is fine because Linux rocks and will read it no problem. :-) However, I can't just stick the disk in the drive and open up the jazz folder in my mnt... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wizkid
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris 8 admin I text ambiguities on mount and umount

i'm prepping for my midterm, which i will bomb. i am scurrying to finish reading the final chapter before i get down into the review. however, i came across something in chapter 8 - "mounting file systems" that has me really confused. the text says the following: then it goes on to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
2 Replies

3. Solaris

How to mount USB driver in solaris 8?

Can anyone tell me how to mount the USB driver in solaris 8? I try many time that can't to mount USB driver. It can detect the USB driver by typing #iostat -En but can't mount the driver. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kingsan
1 Replies

4. Linux

How to mount/umount disk from a non-root account

Is it possible to mount a disk from a non-root account? I'm developing a Java application which executes commands in the shell using the java.lang.Runtime.exec api, which runs fine for commands ls, df, etc., but for commands mount and umount, i have problems as I need to be root to eecute these.... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: brendan76
8 Replies

5. Solaris

mount & umount in sigle-user mode

In Solaris 8, when I boot to single user mode, mount a device and then reboot or init 0, the system unmount it automatically. However, in Solaris 10 it does not seem to do the same. Here is what I did: {0} ok boot -s # format Searching for disks...done AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS: 0.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: StarSol
11 Replies

6. Cybersecurity

Remove need for sudo for mount/umount

Hello, I'm trying to remove the need to use sudo to mount (in particular, binding). Modifying /etc/sudoers using visudo, I have tried: %admin ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mount %admin ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/umountand %admin ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/mount %admin ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD:... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Narnie
5 Replies

7. Hardware

How to install a driver of my USB-A to Serial Cable

Hi Gurus of Unix Recently I install a OpenSolaris in My HP 530 In this moment want to install a USB-A to Serial Cable. Any guru can send a Link where I can use how reference. I want to configure a Router and my PC don't have any serial Port. My LapTOP only has USB ports. In this case I buy a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andresguillen
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Simple way to umount NFS mount in linux

Hello... I've mounted a share using standard nomenclature for the NFS mount command with the following command line: mount -t nfs -o rw {IP address1}:/ /mnt_for_70 / {IP address2}(rw) mnt_for_70 is a mount point I created on {IP address2} I'm confuse and want to be sure I use the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: blaine.miller
1 Replies

9. Solaris

Usb driver update on Sun T5440

I need a help to find the patch for solaris to fix USB drivers issue on Solaris 10. The server has a PCIE card which is not recognised by the OS. I run #fmadm faulty command which report issue and recommandation to apply the new patch. I got a reference to //sun.com/msg/PCIEX-8000-6D but... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: espengongo
0 Replies

10. HP-UX

Test cases for file system mount/umount performance in HP

Hi Folks, Could anyone please assist me with the what could be the scenarios to test the file system mount/umount performance check in HPUX. Thanks in advance, Vaishey (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Vaishey
5 Replies
sane-umax1220u(5)					   SANE Scanner Access Now Easy 					 sane-umax1220u(5)

NAME
sane-umax1220u - SANE backend for the UMAX Astra 1220U and similar scanners DESCRIPTION
The sane-umax1220 library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend for the the UMAX Astra 1220U and similar scanners. For more information on this backend, please visit http://umax1220u-sane.sourceforge.net/. UMAX ASTRA 1600U/2000U/2100U SUPPORT This backend is also able to drive the UMAX Astra 1600U/2000U/2100U. The 2100U is confirmed to work. For the other scanners no reports have been received yet. Please contact us and tell us if your scanner works (sane-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org). CONFIGURATION
Usually, no manual configuration is necessary. The configuration file for this backend resides in /etc/sane.d/umax1220u.conf. Its contents is a list of device names that correspond to UMAX Astra scanners. Empty lines and lines starting with a hash mark (#) are ignored. A sample configuration file is shown below: #usb vendor product usb 0x1606 0x0010 # Device list for non-linux systems /dev/scanner /dev/usb/scanner0 See sane-usb(5) for information on how to set the access permissions on the usb device files. FILES
The backend configuration file: /etc/sane.d/umax1220u.conf The static library implementing this backend: /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-umax1220u.a The shared library implementing this backend: /usr/lib64/sane/libsane-umax1220u.so (present on systems that support dynamic loading) ENVIRONMENT
SANE_DEBUG_UMAX1220U If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. E.g., a value of 128 requests all debug output to be printed. Smaller levels reduce verbosity: SANE_DEBUG_UMAX1220U values Number Remark 1 print failures 2 print information 3 print high-level function calls 4 print high-level function checkpoints 9 print mid-level function calls 10 print mid-level function checkpoints 80 print protocol-level function entry 90 print protocol-level function exit Example: export SANE_DEBUG_UMAX1220U=10 KNOWN BUGS
600 dpi scanning may fail for large image sizes. If you keep getting I/O errors, try cycling the power on your scanner to reset it. There is no way to cancel a scan, since the driver ignores sane_cancel(). If you try scanning an image which is too small, you will get I/O errors. Be sure to adjust the scan area before doing a scan, since by default, the scan area is zero. SEE ALSO
sane(7), sane-usb(5) (Old) homepage: http://umax1220u-sane.sourceforge.net/ AUTHOR
Marcio Luis Teixeira <marciot@users.sourceforge.net> EMAIL-CONTACT sane-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org REPORTING BUGS
This backend isn't actively maintained. Nevertheless, bug reports and comments should be sent to the sane-devel mailing list. When report- ing bugs, please run the backend with SANE_DEBUG_UMAX1220U set to 10 and attach a copy of the log messages. 14 Jul 2008 sane-umax1220u(5)