Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: finding max size
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting finding max size Post 302555438 by Diya123 on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 06:03:54 PM
Old 09-14-2011
Sorry if I was unclear about my question.

The code is outputting the number which is repeating maximum times. What I want is to output the max times its repeating

for instance:
Code:
ABC   1
ABC   2
ABC   3
ABC   4
ABC   5
ABC   5
ABC   5
ABC   6
ABC   6
ABC   7
ABC   7
ABC   7
ABC   7
ABC   7
ABC   8
ABC   8
ABC   9
ABC   10

In this example 7 is rpeating the maximum number of times. Its repeating five times so the output should be 5.. The code what you sent earlier outputs "7" instead of "5".

The other example which you mentioned
Code:
A 1
A 1
A 2
A 2

In this scenario 2 is the maximum times a number(either 1 or 2) is repeating. So the output is 2

Thanks,

Last edited by Scott; 09-14-2011 at 07:11 PM.. Reason: Code tags...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Max size of variable

What is the maximum amount of characters that you can have in a varible name in the ksh shell? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lesstjm
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Max I/O Size

My HP-UX 11.0 system is supporting an Oracle database. I have found a number of references on the Net to the "Max I/O size" in relation to setting Oracle parameters. How can I tell what my max i/o size is? I originally made the assumption that it was referring to my stripe size but now I think... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: keelba
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding max value

My code below is supposed to find which company had the most business and then print the appropriate fields from another file which are the companies ID number and name. I can loop through awk and display all the total amount of business for each company but I need help in only printing out the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Enigma23
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding duplicate files by size and finding pattern matching and its count

Hi, I have a challenging task,in which i have to find the duplicate files by its name and size,then i need to take anyone of the file.Then i need to open the file and find for more than one pattern and count of that pattern. Note:These are the samples of two files,but i can have more... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jerome Sukumar
2 Replies

5. Solaris

max. size of file

I wants to ask that what is the max size of file that we can create in the unix file system. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sameerghogre
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Max. file size

i want to know what is the maximum file size supported by linux with ext3 file system. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nagalenoj
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in finding the max and min position

Hi, I have this input file called ttbitnres (which is catenated and sorted):- 8 0.4444 213 10 0.5555 342 11 0.5555 321 12 0.5555 231 13 0.4444 400 My code is at :- #!/bin/bash echo -e Version "\t" Number of Pass "\t" Number of Fail "\t" Rank Position "\t"Min "\t" Max... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding Max value from an array

Hi, I need to find max and second max element from an array. array contains 0338,0337,0339,0340,0401,0402,0403 (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: vjasai
10 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding max number in filename and opening it

Hi, I have files named as energy.dat.1 energy.dat.2 energy.dat.3 ... energy.dat.2342 I would like to find the file with maximum number in the filename (ex. energy.dat.2342) and open it. Would you please share your expertize in writing the script? Thanks in advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rpd25
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding max of a column grouping by the time

Hi, I have the below text: 16:00 0.50 16:00 0.30 16:00 0.00 16:00 0.00 16:00 0.30 16:01 0.00 16:01 0.30 I want to find the max of the 2nd column grouping by the values in the 1st column using awk. So 16:00 0.50 16:01 0.30 I have tried (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: satishrao
3 Replies
aylet(1)							  Music Software							  aylet(1)

NAME
aylet, xaylet - play Spectrum `.ay' music files SYNOPSIS
aylet/xaylet [-BehlmnNsS] [-A stopafter] [-F fadetime] [-t tracknum] [file1 [file2 ... ]] DESCRIPTION
aylet plays music files in the `.ay' format. These files are essentially wrappers around bits of Z80 code which play music on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum 128's sound hardware - the beeper, or the AY-3-8912 sound chip, or both. Files using the Amstrad CPC ports are also supported. `aylet' has a curses-based interface, and `xaylet' has an X-based one. OPTIONS
-A set stop-after time in seconds (this is the time at which tracks start fading out), or 0 to disable fading. The default is 180 sec- onds (3 minutes). -B use `ABC' stereo positions, rather than the default `ACB'. ACB effectively pushes channels A and B to the left and right (using a stereo delay), with C remaining central; ABC puts A and C to the left/right instead, leaving B central. -e force 8-bit playback, even if 16-bit is available. -F set fade-out time in seconds (the time tracks take to fade out). The default is 10 seconds. -h give terse usage help. -l list the contents of files (track names etc.) rather than playing them. -m use mono rather than the default stereo playback. -n rather than the usual interface, use a simple batch-playing tty style, a bit like mpg123. (Only works in the curses version.) -N use `narrow' stereo separation (so the channels sound closer together) rather than the default `wide' separation. -s output sample data to stdout rather than playing it; implies `-n'. The sample is 44.1kHz 16-bit stereo (or mono if using `-m'). Don't be surprised if the sample takes a little while to generate, as it still has to emulate the Z80. -S apply a pseudo-stereo effect to the beeper output. Works well in some cases, but can make things sound a bit shaky (or rather, more so than usual :-)). -t play only the specified track, then exit. (Strictly speaking, it starts playing the given track, and exits when any track fades out.) Mainly useful when playing a single file non-interactively. file1 etc. the file(s) to play. Currently these can only be specified on the command-line. BEHIND THE SCENES
The way aylet works may seem a little strange if you're not familiar with how the `.ay' format goes about things, so here's some background on how it all works. As mentioned above, the files basically contain chunks of machine code to run on an emulated Z80 with certain sound hardware. Since you're just running a program, you can't really fast-forward or rewind as such, but you can move between tracks specified in the file. (Some files only have one, but others have several.) The whole just-running-a-program thing leads to two other problems, too. You can't tell where a track ends, other than to see when the sound stops; what aylet does is to exit a track after 4 seconds of total silence. And a track may never end at all; aylet fades it out after 3 minutes by default. (Yes, 3 minutes be may too soon to allow some tracks to `finish', but you have to strike the balance somewhere, and it's only a default. Use `-A' or press `s' to change it.) KEYS
Both the curses-based and X-based interfaces use these keys (some of which are based on those used by XMMS): q or Esc exit the program. z previous track. x play. c pause. v stop. b next track. r restart track. Backspace or Delete previous file. Space next file. s increase stop-after time. S decrease stop-after time. Setting it to zero disables fading completely. f increase fade-out time. F decrease fade-out time. h enable/disable high-speed mode, playing four times as fast when enabled (in a way), as a sort of substitute for a real fast-forward control. In xaylet, you can also use the matching buttons for most of the above. When using `aylet -n', the interactivity is scaled down dramatically, leaving just the one control: Ctrl-C if the current track has been playing for less than half a second, exit the program; otherwise, skip to the next track. Note that the key used to do this is really whatever you have set up to generate a SIGINT signal, but it's generally Ctrl-C. EXAMPLES
To play all .ay files in the current directory: aylet *.ay or xaylet *.ay To convert ysfollin.ay to a mono sample in .wav format (requires `sox'): aylet -sm ysfollin.ay |sox -r 44100 -t sw - tune.wav BUGS
The AY is probably too loud relative to the beeper. This may be fixed in the next version, though it's more likely to be an option to choose between the current more reasonable balance and the real thing. :-) Several options which it could reasonably allow to be changed at runtime (e.g. AY stereo, beeper stereo, ACB vs. ABC) can't be at the moment. The X version is currently a bit too much like the curses one, at the expense of GUIness in some respects. SEE ALSO
fuse(1) AUTHOR
Russell Marks (rus@svgalib.org). The Z80 emulation was written by Ian Collier, for xz80. Chris Cox wrote the OpenBSD sound code. Matan Ziv-Av was partly responsible for the OSS sound code. Version 0.4 1st October, 2004 aylet(1)