Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help to move folders, subfolders and files from unix to windows Post 302555335 by rmokros on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 12:38:37 PM
Old 09-14-2011
try mput

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Copy folders and subfolders from unix to windows

Sir From a unix machine some folders and their folders have to be copied to windows XP PC. Please help me with a batch file or a shell script. I am new to the the shell and batch files. Thanks in anticipation. sastry (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chssastry
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Move folders containing certain files

Hello, How can I move just the folders that contains files modified n days ago? Source tree: |-- SourceFolder | |-- Subfolder1 | | |-- file1.dat | | `-- file2.dat | |-- Subfolder2 | | |-- filea.dat | | `-- fileb.dat Destination tree: |-- ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xavix
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to move files to 3 different folders

Hi guys: I've got this problem, I want to move a bunch of files to 3 different folders, without any specific order, and I'm trying to automatize it with a shell script. I'm a newbie at shell scripting so this is my first try: #!/bin/bash COUNTER=`ls -1 | wc -l` while do ARRAY=(... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: wretchedmike
11 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move files to Folders

Hi Friends, Below is my requirement and i am not clear how to approach this issue in unix programming. I have a folder with 2500 files. The files are in below format. 1234_name1.txt 1234_name123.txt 4567_name1.txt 4567_name123.txt and i need a program which will read each file from this... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: diva_thilak
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move all files but not folders to a new folder

Hi, I have a sub directory with a number of files and folders. What i want is a subdirectory with just folders and not files for cleanliness sake. So I want to move the files into the new folder but keep the folders in the same place. Move all files (but not folders) to new folder. I am... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hopper_no1
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

List all the files in the present path and Folders and subfolders files also

Hi, I need a script/command to list out all the files in current path and also the files in folder and subfolders. Ex: My files are like below $ ls -lrt total 8 -rw-r--r-- 1 abc users 419 May 25 10:27 abcd.xml drwxr-xr-x 3 abc users 4096 May 25 10:28 TEST $ Under TEST, there are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: divya bandipotu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to move files in multiple folders

Hello all, I would appreciate any help to write a script. I have folder A which contains over 30 thousands xml files, I would like create multiple folders and move those files (500 in each folders). Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mmsiddig
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move only folders and skipping files

How do I move all folders and its contents from a directory A to another directory B, skipping all files in Directory A ? ---------- Post updated at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous update was at 12:42 PM ---------- Ok. Got it. mv /A/*/ /B/ (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DHeisenberg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Move specific folders and subfolders in a directory

I am trying to move specific folders and subfolders within a directory using the below. I can see the folders to move and they are at the location, but I am getting an error. Thank you :). mv -v /home/cmccabe/Desktop/NGS/API/6-10-2016{bam/{validation,coverage},bedtools /media/cmccabe/"My... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
6 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command to change add permissions for a new user to all files in all subfolders and folders

Hi there! I'm new to Unix and haven't done command line stuff since MS-Dos and Turbo Pascal (hah!), I would love some help figuring out this basic command (what I assume is basic). I'd like to add a User to the permissions of all files in a folder and all files in all subfolders, as well... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Janjbrt
9 Replies
ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)

NAME
ecaccess-file-move - Move or Rename ECaccess Files SYNOPSIS
ecaccess-file-move -version|-help|-manual ecaccess-file-move [-debug] source-ecaccess-file target-ecaccess-file DESCRIPTION
Allow moving an ECaccess File. When the move occurs within the same ECaccess File System then it is a rename. When the move occurs across two different ECaccess File Systems then first a copy is done and then a delete of the original file is done (e.g. similar to ecaccess- file-copy ... -erase). The source-ecaccess-file and target-ecaccess-file are in the form [domain:][/user-id/]path. Please read the "Shell commands -> File Management" section of the "ecaccess" guide for more information on the ECaccess File System. ARGUMENTS
source-ecaccess-file The source ECaccess File name. target-ecaccess-file The target ECaccess File name. OPTIONS
-version Display version number and exits. -help Print a brief help message and exits. -manual Prints the manual page and exits. -debug Display the SOAP messages exchanged. EXAMPLES
ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt ec:test2.txt Rename the test1.txt file in the ECFS directory of the authenticated user in test2.txt. ecaccess-file-move ec:test1.txt home:test2.txt Copy the test1.txt file from the ECFS directory of the authenticated user to the test2.txt file in the $HOME directory of the authenticated user, then delete the test1.txt file from ECFS. SEE ALSO
ecaccess-file-delete, ecaccess-file-get, ecaccess-file-mget, ecaccess-file-modtime, ecaccess-file-mput, ecaccess-file-rmdir, ecaccess-file- copy, ecaccess-file-dir, ecaccess-file-mdelete, ecaccess-file-mkdir, ecaccess-file-chmod, ecaccess-file-put, ecaccess-file-size and ecaccess. perl v5.14.2 2012-04-16 ECACCESS-FILE-MOVE(1p)