Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a unix script to convert date into Julian format in a text file Post 302555189 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 06:03:00 AM
Old 09-14-2011
Code:
nawk '{print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5; a=$6" "$7; system("date +%s -d a")}' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Julian date to calender date

Hi, I have script in unix which creates a julian date like 126 or 127 I want convert this julian date into calender date ex : input 127 output 07/may/2007 or 07/05/2007 or 07/05/07 rgds srikanth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert unix date to readable format

Dear Experts, I need your help to convert a unix date and time format number in to readable format like dd/mm/yyyy . I have a text file of more than 10,000 records and it is like NAME DATE1 COUNTRY DATE2 ABD 1223580395699 USA 1223580395699... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix script to convert .csv file to.xls format

I have a .csv file in Unix box i need a UNIX script to convert the.csv files to.xls format. Its very urgent please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moon_friend
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To convert a date(in string format) to unix timestamp

Hi All, I have a string like below. "Mar 31 2009" . I want to convert this to unix time . Also please let me know how to find the unix time for the above string minus one day. For Eg. if i have string "Mar 31 2009" i want to find the unix time stamp of "Mar 30 2009". Thanks in advance,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
11 Replies

6. Programming

awk script to convert a text file into csv format

hi...... thanks for allowing me to start a discussion i am collecting usb usage details of all users and convert it into csv files so that i can export it into some database.. the input text file is as follows:- USB History Dump by nabiy (c)2008 (1) --- Kingston DataTraveler 130 USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: certteam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get current day on Julian date format

Hi guys, I know if I try to get a julian date using a specific date I can but I try to get the current date I got an error as you can see below: This one works fine: date -d "2010/10/30" +%j But I can't get the current date as below: `date -d "+%Y/%m/%d`" +%j Does somebody can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: edudiogo
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date to Unix format

Dear Expert How to convert date in format of YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS to unix format using a script or command if avaliable Example "2011-05-15 18:00:00" is converted to 1330970400 I tried to use option d in date command but no use, Im using solaris 10 Thanks a lot (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert epoch time to Julian date

Need assistance in converting an epoch time to Julian date To get epoch perl -e 'use Time::Local; print timelocal(1,5,2,12,10,2008), "\n"' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date in dd mm yyyy format to UNIX timestamp

Hello All, I have a date in DD/MM/YYYY format. I am trying to convert this into unix timestamp. I have tried following: date -d $mydate +%s where mydate = 23/12/2016 00:00:00 I am getting following error: date: extra operand `+%s' Try `date --help' for more information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angshuman
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)