Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Need a unix script to convert date into Julian format in a text file Post 302555185 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 05:44:12 AM
Old 09-14-2011
Give a try.

not tested

Code:

nawk '{print $1,$2,$3,$4,$5; system("date +%s -d $6,$7")}' filename

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert Julian date to calender date

Hi, I have script in unix which creates a julian date like 126 or 127 I want convert this julian date into calender date ex : input 127 output 07/may/2007 or 07/05/2007 or 07/05/07 rgds srikanth (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: srikanthus2002
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert unix date to readable format

Dear Experts, I need your help to convert a unix date and time format number in to readable format like dd/mm/yyyy . I have a text file of more than 10,000 records and it is like NAME DATE1 COUNTRY DATE2 ABD 1223580395699 USA 1223580395699... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: shary
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unix script to convert .csv file to.xls format

I have a .csv file in Unix box i need a UNIX script to convert the.csv files to.xls format. Its very urgent please help me. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moon_friend
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert date format to mysql date format in log file

I have a comma delimited log file which has the date as MM/DD/YY in the 2nd column, and HH:MM:SS in the 3rd column. I need to change the date format to YYYY-MM-DD and merge it with the the time HH:MM:SS. How will I got about this? Sample input 02/27/09,23:52:31 02/27/09,23:52:52... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hazno
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

To convert a date(in string format) to unix timestamp

Hi All, I have a string like below. "Mar 31 2009" . I want to convert this to unix time . Also please let me know how to find the unix time for the above string minus one day. For Eg. if i have string "Mar 31 2009" i want to find the unix time stamp of "Mar 30 2009". Thanks in advance,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: girish.raos
11 Replies

6. Programming

awk script to convert a text file into csv format

hi...... thanks for allowing me to start a discussion i am collecting usb usage details of all users and convert it into csv files so that i can export it into some database.. the input text file is as follows:- USB History Dump by nabiy (c)2008 (1) --- Kingston DataTraveler 130 USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: certteam
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get current day on Julian date format

Hi guys, I know if I try to get a julian date using a specific date I can but I try to get the current date I got an error as you can see below: This one works fine: date -d "2010/10/30" +%j But I can't get the current date as below: `date -d "+%Y/%m/%d`" +%j Does somebody can... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: edudiogo
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date to Unix format

Dear Expert How to convert date in format of YYYY-MM-DD HH:MM:SS to unix format using a script or command if avaliable Example "2011-05-15 18:00:00" is converted to 1330970400 I tried to use option d in date command but no use, Im using solaris 10 Thanks a lot (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: yahyaaa
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert epoch time to Julian date

Need assistance in converting an epoch time to Julian date To get epoch perl -e 'use Time::Local; print timelocal(1,5,2,12,10,2008), "\n"' (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajayram_arya
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert date in dd mm yyyy format to UNIX timestamp

Hello All, I have a date in DD/MM/YYYY format. I am trying to convert this into unix timestamp. I have tried following: date -d $mydate +%s where mydate = 23/12/2016 00:00:00 I am getting following error: date: extra operand `+%s' Try `date --help' for more information. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: angshuman
1 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangExt - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangExt; $lext = code2langext('acm'); # $lext gets 'Mesopotamian Arabic' $code = langext2code('Mesopotamian Arabic'); # $code gets 'acm' @codes = all_langext_codes(); @names = all_langext_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangExt" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language extensions, such as those as defined in the IANA language registry. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default IANA language registry codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language extensions. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langext('acm','alpha'); $lext = code2langext('acm',LOCALE_LANGEXT_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from the IANA language registry, such as 'acm' for Mesopotamian Arabic. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langext2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langext_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langext_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langext_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::rename_langext_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::add_langext_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangExt::delete_langext_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.iana.org/assignments/language-subtag-registry The IANA language subtag registry. AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangExt(3pm)