Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Schedule a cron job
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Schedule a cron job Post 302555175 by thegeek on Wednesday 14th of September 2011 05:09:19 AM
Old 09-14-2011
syslog is file, /var/log/syslog

go to that particular time inside that file, and look for any errors !

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to Schedule job using cron(URGENT)

Hello All, I m newbie to Job scheduling. Suppose i have 2 files s1.sh and s2.sh i want to make a schedule such as run s1.sh at 2AM everyday and run s2.sh 9Pm everyday. Can anyone tell me how to schdule that using CRON and i want to know what is CRON and CRONTAB. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravi.sadani19
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

unable to schedule job in cron

Hi, from normal user(oracle) i am unable to run scheduled job in cron: os version: bash-2.03$ uname -a SunOS sumail02 5.8 Generic_117350-39 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-60 bash-2.03$ crontab -l 55 * * * * sh /oracle/statistics.sh > /dev/null 2>&1 bash-2.03$ cat /oracle/statistics.sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakash.gr
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cron to schedule job at different times

Hi, I want to run cron scheduler to run some script at different times of the day.But these times don't have some fix intervals. So how we can run jobs at 6:30AM, 1:00PM and 4:30PM everyday. Please help. Thanks Neeraj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: apjneeraj
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Schedule a Cron job

Hi all, I am new to cron jobs.. i wanted to schedule a cron job that wil send a mail to me at 3:00PM on 10th August ie is on Wednesday. 0 15 10 8 3 echo "message from UNIX here"|mail -s "your subject here" user@user.com However this was not executed... Can anyone please... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ch33ry
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

schedule a job without Cron

Hi All, Is there any way (any utility) to schedule a job to run once in a week on RedHat Linux ? Note- Do not using Crontab. Thanks Pravin (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pravin27
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Schedule the cron job for every 21day on saturday

Please guide me how to schedule the cron job to run on every Saturday at 6am with the interval of 21 days. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendrajsv
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Cron job is not running on schedule

Scheduled job is not running on time.but it is running when executing same command manually. 25 10 * * * /code/bin/ACCOUNT.ksh 1 >/dev/null 2 >&1 Manually executing the same Ksh -x /code/bin/ACCOUNT.ksh 1 >/dev/null 2 >&1 Followed steps Crontab -e Added the job to cron tab. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Myguest
4 Replies
SYSLOG2DLF.IN(1)					  LogReport's Lire Documentation					  SYSLOG2DLF.IN(1)

NAME
syslog2dlf - convert syslog log files to DLF SYNOPSIS
syslog2dlf DESCRIPTION
This script uses the Lire::Syslog module to create a DLF representation of the syslog log files. It can process all the syslog log formats supported by that module. EXAMPLES
To process a log as produced by syslog: $ syslog2dlf < syslog.log syslog2dlf will be rarely used on its own, but is more likely called by lr_log2report: $ lr_log2report syslog < /var/log/syslog.log SEE ALSO
Lire::Syslog(3pm) VERSION
$Id: syslog2dlf.in,v 1.6 2006/07/23 13:16:36 vanbaal Exp $ AUTHOR
Francis J. Lacoste <flacoste@logreport.org> COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2002 Stichting LogReport Foundation LogReport@LogReport.org This program is part of Lire. Lire is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program (see COPYING); if not, check with http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html. Lire 2.1.1 2006-07-23 SYSLOG2DLF.IN(1)