Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: pkgask OpenSSL issues
Operating Systems Solaris pkgask OpenSSL issues Post 302555065 by dafinga on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 06:26:29 PM
Old 09-13-2011
pkgask OpenSSL issues

I am trying to script a non interactive installation of OpenSSL 1.0.0e on Solaris 10 SPARC which I downloaded from Sun Freeware for Solaris 10 (I am not allowed to post URLS). When I try to create a pkgask response file, I keep getting the following error
Quote:
pkgask: ERROR: package does not contain an interactive request script.
When I get the error, I perform the following commands:
Code:

pkgask -r ./response -d ./openssl-1.0.0e-sol10-sparc-local

Code:

pkgask -r ./response -d ./openssl-1.0.0e-sol10-sparc-local SMCossl

I was able to find a workaround, but I would prefer to create a pkgask response file.

The workaround was the following:
Code:

pkgadd -a ./admin -d ./openssl-1.0.0e-sol10-sparc-local < ./allssl

./admin contains:
Quote:
mail=
instance=overwrite
partial=nocheck
runlevel=nocheck
idepend=nocheck
rdepend=nocheck
space=nocheck
setuid=nocheck
conflict=nocheck
action=nocheck
basedir=default
./allssl contains:
Quote:
all
Thanks in advance ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openssl help

I ungraded my openssl on sun solaris 8 from openssl 0.9.6c to openssl 0.9.6g the ungrade went fine but when I tried to ssh in to server, I received the following error message "ld.so.1: ./sshd: fatal: relocation error: file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libcrypto.so.0.9.6: symbol main: referenced symbol... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hassan2
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

openssl ca ke issue

Hi everybody: here is my tale: I need to create some ssl certificates, so I did it with my Linux; I created de CA key and all the other stuff, and of course the certificates needed. The thing is I had to replace mi hard drive and I backed up all the info but I forgot to backup the /etc/ssl. Of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piltrafa
0 Replies

3. Solaris

pkgadd pkgask still prompts for user input

I create a succesful pkgask 'response' file: pkgask -r xyz.pkg I then attempt to use the 'response' file with pkgadd: pkgadd -nr /home/user/response -d /home/user/xyz.pkg the prompts for user input still appear. I have also tried an 'admin' file but that still prompts for user input as... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prkfriryce
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

openssl install issues...

Dear All... I'm trying to install openssl (openssl-0.9.7m) on a Solaris box running 5.9... I'm using the following command... ./Configure --openssldir=/data/ssl solaris-sparcv9-gcc However when I do make I get the following... root@adc8-winn:/usr/local/openssl-0.9.7m 0 # make... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zak
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Using openssl

All, I am new to openssl and I have not been able to figure out exactly how to use it. What I need to do is to create a shell script which FTPS's (SFTP is not allowed on my project) a file to a mainframe. The mainframe will not initiate a session with my server. Question. Are the packages... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: MichaelInDC
7 Replies

6. Solaris

Openssl 0.9.8r

Hi Peeps, Having trouble compiling openssl 0.9.8r on Solaris 10 x86. The make test fails when running the shatests (segmentation faults). There is a PROBLEM file that references a file called values.c. Anyone know whereabouts in the source tree you put this file as the file doesn't tell you... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: callmebob
2 Replies

7. AIX

openssl issue

Gurus, As per audit recommendation i have installed openssl.base 0.9.8.803 and upgraded openssl from 9.7l to 9.8 as prerequisits. But post these installation ssh fails with below error message. exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program ssh because of the following errors: 0509-150 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: newaix
3 Replies

8. Cybersecurity

OpenSSL

I just started playing around with Unix's OpenSSL utility. I can't seem to get the hang of it, and the man page isn't helping much. I wanted to experiment with file encryption, so I created a dummy text file with one line of text and tried to encrypt it using DES. I used the following command: ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ultrix
2 Replies

9. HP-UX

Uninstall OpenSSL

We have a legacy HP-UX 11.11 server that has a number of security vulnerabilities associated with OpenSSL. We have a project in the works to replace this server but until then I need to deal with the vulnerabilities. No applications on the server utilize SSL, so my plan was to simply remove it. ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jduehmig
8 Replies

10. Solaris

Openssl upgrade

Hello Admins. I need to upgrade the openssl version in Solaris 10 due to vulnerabilities. When I checked the current version, it shows: bash-3.2# openssl version OpenSSL 1.0.2n 7 Dec 2017 bash-3.2# which openssl /usr/bin/openssl When I installed the new one, its getting... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: snchaudhari2
0 Replies
pkgask(1M)																pkgask(1M)

NAME
pkgask - stores answers to a request script SYNOPSIS
pkgask [-d device] [-R root_path] -r response pkginst... pkgask allows the administrator to store answers to an interactive package (one with a request script, that is, a user-created file that must be named request). Invoking this command generates a response file that is then used as input at installation time. The use of this response file prevents any interaction from occurring during installation since the file already contains all of the information the pack- age needs. The following options are supported -d device Run the request script for a package on device. device can be a directory pathname or the identifiers for tape, floppy disk or removable disk (for example, /var/tmp, /dev/diskette, and /dev/dsk/c1d0s0). The default device is the installation spool directory. -R root_path Define the full path name of a directory to use as the root_path. All files, including package system information files, are relocated to a directory tree starting in the specified root_path. Note - The root file system of any non-global zones must not be referenced with the -R option. Doing so might damage the global zone's file system, might compromise the security of the global zone, and might damage the non-global zone's file system. See zones(5). -r response Identify a file or directory which should be created to contain the responses to interaction with the package. The name must be a full pathname. The file, or directory of files, can later be used as input to the pkgadd(1M) command. The following operands are supported: pkginst Specify the package instance, or list of instances for which request scripts will be created. The token all may be used to refer to all packages available on the source medium. 0 Successful completion. >0 An error occurred. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), pkgmk(1), pkgparam(1), pkgproto(1), pkgtrans(1), installf(1M), pkgadd(1M), pkgchk(1M), pkgrm(1M), removef(1M), admin(4),attributes(5) The -r option can be used to indicate a directory name as well as a filename. The directory name is used to create numerous response files, each sharing the name of the package with which it should be associated. This would be used, for example, when you will be adding multiple interactive packages with one invocation of pkgadd(1M). Each package would need a response file. To create multiple response files with the same name as the package instance, name the directory in which the files should be created and supply multiple instance names with the pkgask command. When installing the packages, you will be able to identify this directory to the pkgadd(1M) command. If the default admin file is too restrictive, the administration file may need to be modified to allow for total non-interaction during a package installation. Seeadmin(4) for details. 6 Apr 2005 pkgask(1M)