Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers finding files in unix and excluding certain folders Post 302555035 by johnstrong on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 04:52:11 PM
Old 09-13-2011
Wow that works, thanks much.
While I was waiting I experimented with the ls command.

ls -lR | grep UAP

this command seemed to work also. It ignored the folders with the dot in front it.
What do you think?

Also is there a way with that find command (or the ls command) you showed to let the command search through the tree but instead of making it ignore the .step folder, can you write an expression that will only look in folders that had a particular name such as com_station2 no matter where such a folder exist, lets say there is a /repo/fid2/com_station2/ and /rpos/fid3/com_station2/. So that it ignores all other folders except if there is a com_station2 in the path name. And it will still search for files with *UAP* in it.

Thanks alot

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

tar backup with excluding some folders

Hi , I want to backup the root file system but the size of / is very huge so I want to exclude some file systems.Man page of tar says X option excludes files but I could not do that.I use this command $ tar -cvf deneme.tar -X exc . $ cat exc sql kkm I think there... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kudret_gulcan
2 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Sun UNIX Files & Folders listing

Hi guys, i'm new to UNIX and only know a small amout about it, but have just had some changes at work which now require me to interact with and work on SUN Unix systems often. I have reasonable knowledge of PC's but hope that you will be able to help me with these questions. Part1. I would like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Scrat
3 Replies

3. HP-UX

to get the timestamp of files from the files and folders in Unix

Hi, I had a directory and many subdirectories and files with in it. Now i want to get the timestamp of files from the files and folders recursively. :( Please help me to generate a script fort he above mentioned requirement! Appreciate for ur qick response Thanks in advance! ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kishan
2 Replies

4. Linux

Finding folders/files in an RPM file

Is there a way to find a specifc folder or filename in an RPM archive? I have dozens to go through and the hunt-and-peck method is too slow. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ricksj
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete folders and files in it - UNIX

I need to delete a folder and files in it of yesterdays and simply put this in cron. Folder name - "2010-03-2010" File name - "eprod_06_23.dmp" and "eprod_06_23.exp" Actually this folder and file is been created by a script which takes a backup of DB everyday.Thats why it creates folder and file... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copy Structure excluding some folders

Hi I want to copy the structure from one place to another. -> cd /hol/; -> find . -type d | cpio -pvdm /abc/cat; while copying the structure I want to exclude some directories like test1 and Test. I have read somewhere that this can be done with -prune option. Could anyone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: soumodeep123
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help to move folders, subfolders and files from unix to windows

Hi Unix Gurus, I am able to copy only files that exist in the parent folder. My parent folder has sub folders and within sub folders there are lots files. I need to copy folder, sub folders and files from Unix to the remote windows SFTP location. The directory structure is something like... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shankar1dada
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding new file, but excluding directory..

hi, I need to find files that have been created less than 3 days ago. However, I need to only search specific directories. I've searched about the net and found some useful commands such as : find . -type d -name 'dir_to_exclude' -prune -o -print -mtime -3 however I cannot get it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: horhif
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Copying excluding some files and folders

I have a main folder. Inside that i have many(50) subfolders. In each subfolder, there are a no of large files(500 files ) present. I want to do copy operation for some files from some of the subfolders to /usr/tmp. I have the list of the subfolders and list of of files which i dont want to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding duplicates in a file excluding specific pattern

I have unix file like below >newuser newuser <hello hello newone I want to find the unique values in the file(excluding <,>),so that the out put should be >newuser <hello newone can any body tell me what is command to get this new file. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: shiva2985
7 Replies
reposync(1)															       reposync(1)

NAME
reposync - synchronize yum repositories to a local directory SYNOPSIS
reposync [options] DESCRIPTION
reposync is used to synchronize a remote yum repository to a local directory, using yum to retrieve the packages. OPTIONS
-h, --help Display a help message, and then quit. -c CONFIG, --config=CONFIG Config file to use (defaults to /etc/yum.conf). -a ARCH, --arch=ARCH Act as if running the specified arch (default: current arch, note: does not override $releasever. x86_64 is a superset for i*86.). --source Also download .src.rpm files. -r REPOID, --repoid=REPOID Specify repo ids to query, can be specified multiple times (default is all enabled). -t, --tempcache Use a temp dir for storing/accessing yum-cache. -p DESTDIR, --download_path=DESTDIR Path to download packages to: defaults to current directory. -g, --gpgcheck Remove packages that fail GPG signature checking after downloading. exit status is '1' if at least one package was removed. -u, --urls Just list urls of what would be downloaded, don't download. -l, --plugins Enable yum plugin support. -n, --newest-only Download only newest packages per-repo. -q, --quiet Output as little information as possible. EXAMPLES
Sync all packages from the 'updates' repo to the current directory: reposync --repoid=updates Sync only the newest packages from the 'updates' repo to the current directory: reposync -n --repoid=updates Sync packages from the 'updates' and 'extras' repos to the current directory: reposync --repoid=updates --repoid=extras Sync all packages from the 'updates' repo to the repos directory: reposync -p repos --repoid=updates Sync all packages from the 'updates' repo to the repos directory excluding x86_64 arch. Edit /etc/yum.conf adding option exclude=*.x86_64. Then: reposync -p repos --repoid=updates FILES
reposync uses the yum libraries for retrieving information and packages. If no configuration file is specified, the default yum configura- tion will be used. /etc/yum.conf /etc/yum/repos.d/ SEE ALSO
yum.conf (5) http://yum.baseurl.org/ AUTHORS
See the Authors file included with this program. BUGS
There are of course no bugs, but should you find any, you should first consult the FAQ section on http://yum.baseurl.org/wiki/Faq and if unsuccessful in finding a resolution contact the mailing list: yum-devel@lists.baseurl.org. To file a bug use http://bugzilla.redhat.com for Fedora/RHEL/Centos related bugs and http://yum.baseurl.org/report for all other bugs. 27 April 2007 reposync(1)