Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: qvt term with windows xp
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers qvt term with windows xp Post 302555012 by DGPickett on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 03:30:09 PM
Old 09-13-2011
I think BlackBox sells adapters for anything to anything, so a console can become a network device. Good luck. Hyperterminal also does com ports.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

X-Term for Windows

Hi Everyone, I need some information from all of you guys. I generally work on a Solaris OS in my school and I had heard that I can download something called X-Term on a Windows system and still work on some of the graphical things on windows which generally work only on unix. This is what I... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yelamarthi
5 Replies

2. Programming

Create a Term & Run chars on this Term

hi floks ! i'd like to know how can i transmete a character or a string from my source code to a term and make it interpret or un by the shell wich is running in my term. I'd like to create a Term from my code (and get its file descriptor) and then transmete each char typed on the keyboard to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: the_tical
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with TERM script

I am trying to amend an existing TERM script to prompt the end user for a password - then take that password and add it to a specific part of an existing file. Here is what I have - BUT - I am confusing Unix with Term and my script does not like what I added b/c the script simply runs through... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Surdeymon
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Search term and output term in desired field

Hi All, I have an input_file below and i would like to use Perl to search for the term "aaa" and output the 3rd term in the same row as "aaa".For Example, i want to search for the term "ddd" and would want the code to ouput the 3rd term in the same row which is "fff". Can somebody help ? ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
28 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove last character of a term

Hi All, I have a few terms with a comma as the last character. Can any experts show me how to remove the last character? Note the the length of the term is not fix. Input: 1, 2, 12, 14, 103, 198, 3006, Output, 1 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

killproc -term

Hi, I am trying the function killproc -term and it seems to be doing something extra that kill <pid> doesn't do. My daemon cleanly terminates using kill, but not using killproc. I tried strace on killproc and then killproc works well. I read online that strace ignores SIGSTOP. does that mean... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fosfat
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Awk For a Specific Term

I'm having trouble pulling specific ROWS out of a very large file. I've been using an awk command in unix that looks like this: awk '{if ($16=="ACCEPTOR" || $16=="DONOR") print $0}' file1 > file2 However, it is not selecting all of the rows which include either acceptor or donor in them. I... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: infiniteabyss
7 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Error term undefined

i keep getting this error when i ssh using my id - any idea (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tariq_m
2 Replies
bdconfig(1M)						  System Administration Commands					      bdconfig(1M)

NAME
bdconfig - configures the bd (buttons and dials) stream SYNOPSIS
bdconfig [startup] [off] [on] [term] [status] [verbose] DESCRIPTION
The bdconfig utility is responsible for configuring the autopush facility and defining to the system what serial device to use for the bd stream. OPTIONS
If no options are given, then an interactive mode is assumed. In this mode the current status is presented along with this usage line, and a series of interactive questions asked to determine the user's desires. Root privilege is required to change the configuration. The status option does not require root privilege. bdconfig can be installed as a setuid root program. The non-interactive options below can be given in any order. term Specify to the system the serial device for bd use. This option implies the on option unless the off option is present. iff Reconfigure the configured term for tty use. on Reconfigure the configured term for bd use. If term has not been previously specified, interactive questions are asked to determine the user's desires. startup Configure as was last configured before the system went down. This option is used by the startup script, and precludes the use of the on, off, and term options. This option implies non-interactive mode. status Emit the current configuration in terms of the words used as options: off, on, /dev/term/a, /dev/term/b, and so forth. This option implies non interactive mode. verbose bdconfig describes what it finds and what it is doing. EXIT STATUS
The bdconfig utility returns 0 on success, 1 on general error, and 2 on argument error. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWdialh | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
autopush(1M), attributes(5), x_buttontest(6), x_dialtest(6), bd(7M), sad(7D), streamio(7I) NOTES
All bdconfig does is configure the AUTOPUSH facility. bdconfig does not actually manipulate the serial port or stream in any way. Only the first open of a dismantled stream will see the effects of a previously run bdconfig. The bdconfig utility is silent except for error messages unless: a) invoked with no args: status / usage line emitted b) interactive modes are invoked as described above c) the verbose option is used BUGS
The interface does not support more than one dialbox and one buttonbox, both of which must be on the same serial device. There should be a library routine to read, parse, and validate records in the iu.ap file, so that bdconfig could return to the appropriate record in iu.ap as the default configuration. SunOS 5.10 18 May 1993 bdconfig(1M)