Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting uniform and same result whois command line Post 302554984 by DGPickett on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 02:11:25 PM
Old 09-13-2011
Change the query type from 'ns' to 'any' or 'soa' for domain information. You can direct your query to the parent domain name server, if you want to verify the authority of the response. Just add it to the right end of the nslookup command.

If you do not trust the tools, you can send your own udp packets, no recursion, and walk it down the tree.

Last edited by DGPickett; 09-13-2011 at 03:27 PM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

is there any why to get the number of line in grep result ?

Hello all when I do simple grep on file im getting the results of "filename : stringResult " is there any way to present also the line number in the file ? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: umen
1 Replies

2. Programming

Help: Run Java Command Line, Send Result to PHP?

EDIT: Sorry for the post, my good friend Google helped me out after some good searching! (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tguillea
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print the whole line which contains the result of the command cut

Hey everyone I have a file 'agenda' which contains: Object Day Month Year Birthday 09 02 2012 i want to extract from a script the line which contains the day the user typed. for example if he type 09 the line is showed using... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goldstein
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Append result in the same line

I have a line like below a,blank,12,24 I want to add (12+24) at the end of the line or any where in the same line line output: a,blank,12,24,36 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anjan1
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to compare the current result with previous line result.?

Hi Gurus, I have requirement to compare current result with previous reuslt. The sample case is below. 1 job1 1 1 job2 2 1 job3 3 2 job_a1 1 2 job_a2 2 2 job_a3 3 3 job_b1 1 3 job_b2 2 for above sample file, GID is group ID, for input line, the job run... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ken6503
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep command giving different result for different users for same command

Hello, I am running below command as root user #nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch count" Memtable switch count: 12 Where as when I try to run same command as another user it gives different result. #su -l zabbix -s /bin/bash -c "nodetool cfstats tests | grep "Memtable switch... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pushpraj
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output result with break line

Hello, I am coding a script to check mysql databases using bash script, I would like to check if the status of a table is not 'OK', will return the table name and do some more actions: check.log table1 OK table2 Some error here table3 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Abu Rayane
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Xmllint: get one result per line

Hi, I'm trying to get some values from an xmlfile and want be able to process them. I'm using xmllint(v20901 on debian jessie) and this program directly outputs all results concatenated right after each other. I did not find a solution in the man page to get a different format or some output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: stomp
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux find command seems to not transmit all the result to the '-exec command'

Hello. From a script, a command for a test is use : find /home/user_install -maxdepth 1 -type f -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_deb ! -newer /tmp/000_skel_file_end -name '.bashrc' -o -name '.profile' -o -name '.gtkrc-2.0' -o -name '.i18n' -o -name '.inputrc' Tha command... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jcdole
3 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Search a multi-line shell command output and execute logic based on result

The following is a multi-line shell command example: $cargo build Compiling prawn v0.1.0 (/Users/ag/rust/prawn) error: failed to resolve: could not find `setup_panix` in `human_panic` --> src/main.rs:14:22 | 14 | human_panic::setup_panix!(); | ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: yogi
2 Replies
WWW::CNic::Simple(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation				    WWW::CNic::Simple(3pm)

NAME
WWW::CNic::Simple - a procedural interface to WWW::CNic SYNOPSIS
#!/usr/bin/perl use WWW::CNic::Simple; my @suffixes = suffixes(); my %results = check('test-domain', 'uk.com', 'uk.net'); print "test-domain.uk.com is registered. " if ($results{'uk.com'} == 1); my %whois = whois('test-domain.uk.com'); print "domain status: $whois{status} "; DESCRIPTION
This interface is intended for those who want a simplified view of the WWW::CNic library. It provides simple functions for querying the CentralNic system, making it ideal for one-liners and other tasks. Please note that it is not possible to make domain registrations or modifications using "WWW::CNic::Simple". FUNCTIONS
my @suffixes = suffixes(); This function returns an array containing the currently live CentralNic suffixes. my %result = check($domain, @suffixes); This function does an availability check on $domain against the suffixes contained in @suffixes. Note that if @suffixes is omitted the check will run against all CentralNic domains. The function returns a hash of the form: my %result = ( 'uk.com' => 1, 'uk.net' => 0, 'eu.com' => 0); where 1 indicates that the domain is already registered. my %whois = whois($domain); This function returns a hash containing whois data for the given $domain This hash is of the form: my %whois = { chandle => { postcode => 'SW6 4SN', country => 'UK', userid => 'C11480', fax => 'N/A', addr => "163 New King's Road, Fulham, London", name => 'Hostmaster', email => 'webservices@centralnic.com', phone => '020 7751 9000', company => 'CentralNic Ltd' }, expires => '1001458800', status => 'Live', thandle => # as chandle above bhandle => # as chandle above registrant => 'CentralNic Ltd', domain => 'toolkit-test.uk.com', created => '1001458800' }; COPYRIGHT
This module is (c) 2011 CentralNic Ltd. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SEE ALSO
o http://toolkit.centralnic.com/ o WWW::CNic o WWW::CNic::Cookbook perl v5.12.3 2011-05-13 WWW::CNic::Simple(3pm)