Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Python/Perl script for auto login Post 302554932 by thegeek on Tuesday 13th of September 2011 11:33:57 AM
Old 09-13-2011
selenium !

May be, you can find the way to launch browser and run automation which does all these ! not sure ...

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto login?

Ok I've lost myself and hit a brick wall. What I am trying to do is avoid the login screen when the machine is turned on. So no login screen is needed unless you turn the machine on and log out to login and change users. But as I said before I've hit a brick wall. I got not an idea of what I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: merlin
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Auto Login

Hey all, I'm trying to configure a system so when it reboots it'll automatically log as a user I have selected. I've never done this nor' as I to sure on how to. This is teh best I have found on teh web and well I've changed a few things. but does anyone who has done this know if it'll work... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: merlin
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

An Auto-Login "ftp" Script

We are running SCO Unix under Unixware 2.1.3 (really old!). I would appreciate if someone could show me the code of a script to automatically "ftp" one or more files to another SCO Unix computer on the nightly basis, then gracefully termninate the ftp session. Thanks for your help. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tphan
3 Replies

4. HP-UX

Auto X when Login

Hi All, We have some HP unix servers and sometimes we logon there thru a dedicated Windows server that has Reflection X on it in case we need X. In this case we always need to export DISPLAY=winservername:0.0 I want to automate this thing in .profile file. If e.g. $TERM = hpterm (thru... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BearCheese
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

sftp auto login

Hi, I looked into lot of posts on this question but i could not figure out the solution. we are using the following ftp shell program to send the file to target server. #!/usr/bin/ksh ftp -n -i<<EOF 2>&1 open <target server ip> user <username> <pwd> lcd /sc/doc/prd/FCSTP put file1.txt... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srrao.ch
3 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

auto login script

can any one help me for auto login bat file from windows to unix,to check the server daily.. Thanks Mohan (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mohankasi
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

8. Homework & Coursework Questions

Help with Simple Perl/Python Script

I have the following problem, which I need done in Perl/ or Python using Unix/linux filters... 1. You have a very large file, named 'ColCheckMe', tab-delmited, that you are asked to process. You are told that each line in 'ColCheckMe' has 7 columns, and that the values... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Swapnilsagarwal
1 Replies

9. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Auto login to Unix

Hi, i am trying to connect to unix server from windows bat file using telnet command. But bat file is unable to pass username and password hence could not login to UNIX. My requirement is to connect UNIX server from .bat file and run few macros at a perticular schedule. My UNIX login does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahulbahulekar
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can someone convert this python script to perl

There is a python script that I would like converted to a perl script. If someone has the time to convert the script I would appreciate it. You can find the script below: reboot-mb8600/reboot-mb8600.py at master . j4m3z0r/reboot-mb8600 . GitHub #!/usr/bin/python ''' A hacky script to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: azdps
1 Replies
GMAN(1x)																  GMAN(1x)

NAME
gman - GTK+ based front-end for man, a good replacment for xman. SYNOPSIS
gman DESCRIPTION
Gman is a front-end for the manual page system. gman builds a database of all the available man pages and displays them in a list. Clicking on an entry in the list makes gman launch another window with the manual page displayed in it. Gman can launch more than one window at same time. The user can use the index/key word search function to look for the man pages that they need. It is simple, but it is useful. OPTIONS
There are no command line options for gman, for now. DISPLAY OPTIONS
Currently gman has 4 different modes to present the man pages, available as the following items in the View menu: xTerm This will launch an X terminal emulator with the man output shown inside. You can add the following line to your ~/.gman file in order to select the preferred X terminal emulator: xterm_command = rxvt GhostView gman will present man pages in a GhostView window for you to view and print the man page. This requires GhostView (command "gv") to be available on your system. Evince gman will present man pages in an Evince window for you to view and print the man page. This requires GNOME Evince (command "evince") to be available on your system. LocalBrowse gman will launch a web browser window to show you the man page. This requires man2html and web browser (command "sensible-browser") to be available on your system. NetBrowse In this mode, you can view the pages with web browser and navigate from one man page to another by clicking the links in the man pages. This requires man2html, web browser (command "sensible-browser") and a HTTP server running on localhost. FILES
~/.gman Contains configuration information for gman, such as window size and paths where the manual pages are contained. For example, v_size = 400 h_size = 300 xterm_command = rxvt show_warning = 0 man_paths = /usr/local/man:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/share/man For more information, see init_context() function in gman.c for all the options avialiable. ~/.gman is read by gman on startup, and written on exit. SEE ALSO
man(1), man(7), xterm(1). AUTHOR
Gman was written by a smart guy named Xinkai Wang <aakwxk@hotmail.com>. Home page of gman is at: http://homex.coolconnect.com/user/xkwang/gman/ <> Gman May 2002 GMAN(1x)