Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers xterm -e closes when script is done Post 302554684 by lazaret on Monday 12th of September 2011 04:23:39 PM
Old 09-12-2011
Great suggestions! I will try them out tomorrow at work. Thanks so much for your help!!Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

multiuser chat server closes when one client closes. code included

I have been trying to write a very basic chat program but at the moment I am having problems getting it to be multiuser as it closes all connections when one client shutsdown. I have also been having problems trying to get the program to display a list of usernames to the clients. I have tried... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dooker
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

export script commands with xterm

I am attempting to write a shell script that runs a program which generates data and then runs another program to plot the data. The problem is that I need the plotting to take place in a different terminal window that stays open after the plotting has finished. I have experimented 'xterm -e '... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chris2051
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

SSH closes connection when using arrow keys

Hi, I'm having a problem with my ssh link to various Sun servers running Solaris 9 and 10 from an Windows XP box running Cygwin/X. I am using ssh to connect to a number of different Sun servers. My problem is that when editing a remote shell command line with the arrow direction keys the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: stv_t
0 Replies

4. SuSE

NoMachine NX window closes after establishing connection

Hi, I am trying to use nomachine nx server and client. But somehow it doen't work. What happens is the following: 1.- Client starts up 2.- Client authenticates with Server 3.- The NoMachine window appears for 2-4 seconds 4.- The NoMachine window exists Somehow a "closeEvent" is sent.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: blackicecube
3 Replies

5. Solaris

sftp connection closes if idle for around 10minutes

does sftp connection closes by default if it stays idle for a prolonged time ? i have checked sshd_config files , there is no time out value set. but still the connection closes after certain period of time. Please help. verbose mode output : sftp> debug1: channel 0: free:... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: chidori
10 Replies

6. Solaris

Login/xterm and run script

Hi - I need to have a script run automatically when I login to my solaris 10 system (running CDE). I stuck this in my .cshrc file: xterm -e /bin/sh -c "/.script-name; exec /bin/sh" When I login, a window comes up and runs the iteractive script-name, and then when the script is done, my... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pyroman
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Bash menu opens and closes

Ever since I added these two code blocks to my bash menu it just opens and closes right away. I use a batch file that worked fine until these codes were added and I am not sure what is wrong. Basically, what I am trying to do in the additional section is if the answer is "Y" then it goes back... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
13 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

New bash menu printing errors but closes too quickly

I am beginning to write a new version of the bash menu below. The previous version worked great and now when I start the updated bash it opens and a some lines print in the terminal and it closes quickly. I know there are errors but how can I see them or fix them, I tried set -x with the same... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
12 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error while running xterm in telnet script

Error: Type xterm -help for a full description. xterm: Explicit shell already was /root/Desktop/telnet.sh xterm: bad command line option "Done!" usage: xterm (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sk151993
0 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Telnet connection closes before i execute GET command

I tried the below steps for telnet command from a remote server: 1. telnet myservice.com 443 2. GET / HTTP/1.0 3. Press enter key twice Please see the output below: bash-3.2$ hostname remoteserver1 bash-3.2$ telnet myservice.com 443 Trying 191.172.172.133... Connected to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mohtashims
7 Replies
nqs2pbs(1B)								PBS							       nqs2pbs(1B)

NAME
nqs2pbs - convert NQS job scripts to PBS SYNOPSIS
nqs2pbs nqs_script [pbs_script] DESCRIPTION
This utility converts a existing NQS job script to work with PBS and NQS. The existing script is copied and PBS directives, #PBS , are inserted prior to each NQS directive #QSUB or #@$ , in the original script. Certain NQS date specification and options are not supported by PBS. A warning message will be displayed indicating the problem and the line of the script on which it occurred. If any unrecognizable NQS directives are encountered, an error message is displayed. The new PBS script will be deleted if any errors occur. OPERANDS
nqs_script Specifies the file name of the NQS script to convert. This file is not changed. pbs_script If specified, it is the name of the new PBS script. If not specified, the new file name is nqs_script.new . NOTES
Converting NQS date specifications to the PBS form may result in a warning message and an incompleted converted date. PBS does not support date specifications of "today", "tomorrow", or the name of the days of the week such as "Monday". If any of these are encountered in a script, the PBS specification will contain only the time portion of the NQS specification, i.e. #PBS -a hhmm[.ss]. It is suggested that you specify the execution time on the qsub command line rather than in the script. Note that PBS will interpret a time specification without a date in the following way: - If the time specified has not yet been reached, the job will become eligible to run at that time today. - If the specified time has already passed when the job is submitted, the job will become eligible to run at that time tomorrow. PBS does not support time zone identifiers. All times are taken as local time. SEE ALSO
qsub(1B) Local nqs2pbs(1B)