Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Display logins via SSH
Operating Systems Solaris Display logins via SSH Post 302554639 by LittleLebowski on Monday 12th of September 2011 01:27:38 PM
Old 09-12-2011
Thank you, that worked pefectly.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Display to PC via ssh/putty (RHE 5)

Hi all, I just installed Red Hat Enterprise and I would like to have the KDE/GNOME windows display to my PC. When I am root (via ssh, putty) I type startx but it fails. I'm not sure what has to be configured! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl->Execute any unix command & display the output in a proper form

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format my $cmd = "ls -l"; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Gtk-WARNING cannot open display" from ssh

I am trying to do something on another computer through ssh and I keep getting this:"(gedit:6169): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:"I have googled the interweb and this forum and found many posts but nothing seems to work. I have freshly installed Ubuntu 8.10 with updates on the machine and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrabbit6
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

pass an xpdf display from red hat server to windows ssh workstation

I have a UniVerse database running on a Red Hat EL3 server. If I am on the server console my software can call xpdf giving the name of a target file and it displays very nicely on the console. I have not been able to figure out how to get the display to happen on any of the Windows XP workstations.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dale kelley
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Limit root user of SSH logins

Hi team, I tried to modify the /etc/security/limits.conf file to limit the root user for more one login. I added the line in limits.conf file like: @root hard maxlogins 1 I also tried to modify /etc/ssh/sshd_config to limit the root userlogin by adding this: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
10 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Fail2ban: email notifications and banning ssh IP logins

Hi all. I am using Cygwin in Windows 7 and am trying to setup fail2ban so that I can ban foreign IP addresses under SSH, also getting email notifications. I downloaded fail2ban and installed it. I then created jail.local copy from jail.conf and changed some values in jail.local. Now when I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: synthesis
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X LDAP client not accepting ssh or console logins (PAM error)

Hi Folks, I've install 389 Directory Server on a Centos 7.0 server. Over the last two days I've been trying to connect a MacBook running 10.10.5 to the server as a client and I'm having only partial success. I've "Joined" to my network Account Server, and set my LDAP Mappings to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cisco, 2 ssh logins for expect /bash

HI all i need to connect to about 900 cisco routers and switch to do some configs changes. the issue i am having is that half the devices have one set of username and password and the other half have another username and password. From expect or bash script i can ssh into a device and make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintin
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disable multiple ssh logins for an OS user in Solaris

Hi folks, I am fairly a beginner when it comes to Solaris OS administration, but part of my job somehow has scope to provide L1-level of OS administration over a few solaris servers. Now, we have a requirement to limit the number of simultaneous ssh logins/sessions to the server, sort of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: engrcha
0 Replies
pnmdepth(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  pnmdepth(1)

NAME
pnmdepth - change the maxval in a portable anymap SYNOPSIS
pnmdepth newmaxval [pnmfile] DESCRIPTION
Reads a portable anymap as input. Scales all the pixel values, and writes out the image with the new maxval. Scaling the colors down to a smaller maxval will result in some loss of information. Be careful of off-by-one errors when choosing the new maxval. For instance, if you want the color values to be five bits wide, use a max- val of 31, not 32. One important use of pnmdepth is to convert a new format 2-byte-per-sample PNM file to the older 1-byte-per-sample format. Before April 2000, essentially all raw (binary) format PNM files had a maxval less than 256 and one byte per sample, and many programs may rely on that. If you specify a newmaxval less than 256, the resulting file should be readable by any program that worked with PNM files before April 2000. SEE ALSO
pnm(5), ppmquant(1), ppmdither(1) AUTHOR
Copyright (C) 1989, 1991 by Jef Poskanzer. 08 April 2000 pnmdepth(1)