Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Display logins via SSH
Operating Systems Solaris Display logins via SSH Post 302554639 by LittleLebowski on Monday 12th of September 2011 01:27:38 PM
Old 09-12-2011
Thank you, that worked pefectly.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Display to PC via ssh/putty (RHE 5)

Hi all, I just installed Red Hat Enterprise and I would like to have the KDE/GNOME windows display to my PC. When I am root (via ssh, putty) I type startx but it fails. I'm not sure what has to be configured! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kjbaumann
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Net::SSH::Perl->Execute any unix command & display the output in a proper form

Net::SSH::Perl ...... how to print the output in a proper format my $cmd = "ls -l"; my $ssh = Net::SSH::Perl->new($host); $ssh->login($user, $pass); my($stdout, $stderr, $exit) = $ssh->cmd("$cmd"); print $stdout; the script works fine, but i am unable to see the output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gsprasanna
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

"Gtk-WARNING cannot open display" from ssh

I am trying to do something on another computer through ssh and I keep getting this:"(gedit:6169): Gtk-WARNING **: cannot open display:"I have googled the interweb and this forum and found many posts but nothing seems to work. I have freshly installed Ubuntu 8.10 with updates on the machine and I... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrabbit6
4 Replies

4. UNIX and Linux Applications

pass an xpdf display from red hat server to windows ssh workstation

I have a UniVerse database running on a Red Hat EL3 server. If I am on the server console my software can call xpdf giving the name of a target file and it displays very nicely on the console. I have not been able to figure out how to get the display to happen on any of the Windows XP workstations.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dale kelley
5 Replies

5. Red Hat

Limit root user of SSH logins

Hi team, I tried to modify the /etc/security/limits.conf file to limit the root user for more one login. I added the line in limits.conf file like: @root hard maxlogins 1 I also tried to modify /etc/ssh/sshd_config to limit the root userlogin by adding this: ... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: leo_ultra_leo
10 Replies

6. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Fail2ban: email notifications and banning ssh IP logins

Hi all. I am using Cygwin in Windows 7 and am trying to setup fail2ban so that I can ban foreign IP addresses under SSH, also getting email notifications. I downloaded fail2ban and installed it. I then created jail.local copy from jail.conf and changed some values in jail.local. Now when I try to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: synthesis
2 Replies

7. OS X (Apple)

Mac OS X LDAP client not accepting ssh or console logins (PAM error)

Hi Folks, I've install 389 Directory Server on a Centos 7.0 server. Over the last two days I've been trying to connect a MacBook running 10.10.5 to the server as a client and I'm having only partial success. I've "Joined" to my network Account Server, and set my LDAP Mappings to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jlh
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cisco, 2 ssh logins for expect /bash

HI all i need to connect to about 900 cisco routers and switch to do some configs changes. the issue i am having is that half the devices have one set of username and password and the other half have another username and password. From expect or bash script i can ssh into a device and make... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: quintin
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Disable multiple ssh logins for an OS user in Solaris

Hi folks, I am fairly a beginner when it comes to Solaris OS administration, but part of my job somehow has scope to provide L1-level of OS administration over a few solaris servers. Now, we have a requirement to limit the number of simultaneous ssh logins/sessions to the server, sort of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: engrcha
0 Replies
sigdist.d(1m)							   USER COMMANDS						     sigdist.d(1m)

NAME
sigdist.d - signal distribution by process. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
sigdist.d DESCRIPTION
This is a simple DTrace script that prints the number of signals recieved by process and signal number. This script is also available as /usr/demo/dtrace/sig.d, where it originates. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. EXAMPLES
This samples until Ctrl-C is hit. # sigdist.d FIELDS
SENDER process name of sender RECIPIENT process name of target SIG signal number, see signal(3head) COUNT number of signals sent BASED ON
/usr/demo/dtrace/sig.d DOCUMENTATION
DTrace Guide "proc Provider" chapter (docs.sun.com) See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
sigdist.d will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. SEE ALSO
kill.d(1M), dtrace(1M) version 1.00 Jun 09, 2005 sigdist.d(1m)