Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support unrecognized vxfs version after vgimport Post 302554521 by vbe on Monday 12th of September 2011 09:48:03 AM
Old 09-12-2011
You created a (hope new)..) VG on host A -> how? with what commands?
I would start by looking at another VG and see what your command used display (I have no 11.23 under my hands...) Is your box a RX or RP series? (Itanium or PA-RISC...)

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Unrecognized Path in .bash_profile

Dear experts, I have installed Ruby in the following directory: $ pwd /home/ewijaya/.ruby $ ls bin lib share And I have also stated the PATH in my bash_profile like this: # .bash_profile # Get the aliases and functions if ; then . ~/.bashrc (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: monkfan
1 Replies

2. SCO

VxFS filesystem

Hello, Am basically working on VxFS filesystem and while tracking the file, I got stuck at one point. As I am able to locate the superblock(it is at offset 1024 from the start of partition). And from superblock I got the sector no. of "OLT extent". By jumping to the sector no where OLT... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ghimanshu
1 Replies

3. HP-UX

hpux 11.31 vgimport fail

i'm trying to vgimport the map file from vgexport -p -v -s -m to fail over node (adoptive node in service guard). root@noe04:/etc/cmcluster/icasprd$ vgimport -s -m gicasprd.110810.map /dev/vgicasprd vgimport: Volume group "/dev/vgicasprd" already exists in the "/etc/lvmtab" file. the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
2 Replies

4. Hardware

Unrecognized disk label of a external HD

I have a external HD that I can't seem to open. When I try to open it with gparted it says unrecognized disk. When I run gparted from the terminal this is what it says. ~ $ sudo gparted ====================== libparted : 2.2 ====================== /dev/sdb: unrecognised disk label When I... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
18 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 9 : gcc unrecognized -rdynamic option

Hi all, I'm trying to compile gdb (7.4.1) 64 bit on Solaris 9 SPARC. First, I launch the configuration ~/gdb-7.4.1$>CC="gcc -m64" ./configure --disable-tui --prefix=$HOME/destdir/ Then, compilation ~/gdb-7.4.1$>make During compilation gcc (3.4.6) is not enable to recognized the option... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bubsland
0 Replies

6. Red Hat

Unrecognized Spanish characters from windows to Linux

Background: I want to upload the file from windows to RHEL5 server, the file stores Spanish words with UTF-8 encoding. it's used as the data source for loading to database. some special characters in files like following. í ó Ñ á Linux setting: $ echo $LANG en_US.UTF-8 I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ambious
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue with unrecognized zip format

Hi Friend, i have tried to generated zip file and received with attached mail by. But attachment file is unrecognized format not zip file by crontab, which is not able open. but there is no issue when the script is ran manually but i have received zip format. i am appriciate for your... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jewel
9 Replies

8. Hardware

Unrecognized disk label on my external HD

Hi everyone, I have an external hard drive and I accidentally deleted the partition table. Can I restore my files? If I try to run the f-disk command this is what it says Disk /dev/sda: 320.1 GB, 320072933376 bytes 255 heads, 63 sectors/track, 38913 cylinders, total 625142448 sectors Units =... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sampa
1 Replies

9. SCO

Unsuccessful install due to unrecognized disk issue

Dear Community! i try to instaled the sco 6 in hp proliant ML350g8 but unsucces, the trouble when i do instaled it undetected hardisk please help me :(:o (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mnr
7 Replies

10. Solaris

Unrecognized option: sparc-sun-Solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32'

Hi, I installed some packages required by an app built with python. But when I try python setup.py install, I get the following error: /opt/csw/lib/gcc/sparc-sun-solaris2.10/5.2.0/../../../../sparc-sun-solaris2.10/bin/as: unrecognized option `-m32' Could anyone tell me what's wrong... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kimkun
4 Replies
vgexport(1M)															      vgexport(1M)

NAME
vgexport - export an LVM volume group and its associated logical volumes SYNOPSIS
mapfile] outfile] vg_name mapfile vg_name DESCRIPTION
Using the format of the first command line of the above, the command can be used to remove a volume group from the system. The volume group will be removed without modifying the logical volume information found on the physical volumes. The volume group identified by vg_name is removed from the or file, and the associated device files including the vg_name directory and file are removed from the system. The volume group information and data is untouched on the physical volume. These disks can be imported to another system with the command (see vgimport(1M)). Scan Option Using the format of the second command line of the above, the command generates a mapfile that can be copied to other systems that are part of a high availability cluster (use the option if you do not want to remove the volume group from the system the command is being run from) and the command (see vgimport(1M)) can be used to recreate the volume group. See also vgchange(1M). The mapfile contains a description of the volume group and its associated logical volume(s) (if any). The logical volume information found on the physical volumes is not modi- fied. Options and Arguments recognizes the following options and arguments: vg_name The path name of the volume group. By default, a file named is created in the current directory. This file contains a description of the volume group and its associated logical volume(s) (if any). Use this option to specify a different name for the file, mapfile. This file can be used as input to (see vgimport(1M)). When used with the option, the volume group specified in the mapfile can be shared with other systems in the high availability cluster. Preview the actions to be taken but do not update the or file or remove the devices file. This option is best used in conjunction with the option. Print verbose messages including the names of the physical volumes associated with this volume group. Scan option. When the option is specified, then the options must also be specified. A mapfile is created that can be used to cre- ate volume group entries on other systems in the high availability cluster (with the command). Write the current set of pv_paths for the volume group to the outfile. The outfile may then be used as the infile for the option. If used together with the option the volume group is not exported but the list of pv_paths is still written to the outfile. This may be useful to derive a list of pv_paths for the volume group or to use on another system which is sharing the volume group and which has an identical configuration. EXTERNAL INFLUENCES
Environment Variables determines the language in which messages are displayed. If is not specified or is null, it defaults to "C" (see lang(5)). If any internationalization variable contains an invalid setting, all internationalization variables default to "C" (see environ(5)). EXAMPLES
Export the volume group into mapfile The volume group will be removed from the exporting system. Export the volume group and write the disk names into the file Create a mapfile to be copied to other systems in a high availability cluster to build the volume group information for the volume group, Note that the volume group is not removed from the exporting system. The importing systems will create the volume group with the command using the and options. SEE ALSO
vgimport(1M), vgscan(1M). vgexport(1M)