Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need gcc binary for a SPARC machine Post 302554290 by jlliagre on Sunday 11th of September 2011 10:34:51 AM
Old 09-11-2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve701
1-they put source code which you have to build to get gcc, not the actual binaries....unless you can point me to a package which has "gcc" binary in it, and not source code to be built.
Sunfreeware (hopefully) provides binary packages for all programs it distributes.
Quote:
2-even if it does have something, they usually get "installed" on the target machine into presepcified directories, such as /usr/sfw/.... and as non-root on that target machine I do not have permission to install.
What makes you feel that gcc binary wouldn't work if installed elsewhere ? Especially as you state everything else is installed but the gcc command.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Where to buy used Sparc machine

Hello, I plan to take the SCSA exam. I think if I have a Sparc machine that will be very helpful, though I could run VMWare on Win system. So could anyone know where I can buy a used workstaion. I am not dare going to eBay :) , (I am not sure the source is reliable). I live in up NY state. And... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billshu
1 Replies

2. Solaris

gcc 4.2.0 from SUN binary gccfss

Hi All I have installed the above version of gcc from the SUN binaries and recieved the following linker error when trying to compile and link a hello world test program written in C++. ld: fatal: option -z has illegal argument `ld32=-S/export/home/sources/gcc_SUN_b... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C3000
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing gcc on SPARC 5.9

Hi, I am trying to install gcc on SPARC 5.9 pkgadd -d gcc-3.4.2-sol9-sparc-local i get the below error pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed - open of <gcc-3.4.2-sol9-sparc-local> failed, errno=2 pkgadd: ERROR: could not process datastream from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting SPARC 5 Machine 's CD-ROM

Hi, I have inherited a Ultra 5 SPARC machine that I need to boot from its CD-ROM. WHen I turn on the machine it just boots to its hard drive. How do I get it to boot from the CD-ROM. I am a Solaris newbie.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

5. Programming

Header file compilation using gcc in Sparc Solaris

I am facing problem while migrating the c++ code from Linux to Solaris. In linux the code is absolutly compiled fine with GCC compiler but when i am using the same in Solaris it coomplains bash-3.1$ gcc LibSip.h gcc: Compilation of header file requested The same command is working fine in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrupesh74
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Newly Compiled GCC 4.4.4 on Solaris sparc gives problem with -m32/-m64 flags

Hello experts, This issue has kept me busy all day long. It started off with openssl compilation which was giving linking error with following message: /usr/local/bin/ld: target elf32-sparc not found collect2: ld returned 1 exit status I tried every step possible thing that I could think... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_shanke
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris virtual machine SPARC?

Hello, please, can somebody tell me if can i virtualize Solaris 11 SPARC architecture in a x86 PC? Virtualbox allows doing that? i need to run Solaris 11 SPARC to make a lab, and dont have any SUN machine to do on it. Thanks in advance! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuziKizuM
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
klcc(1) 							  H. Peter Anvin							   klcc(1)

NAME
klcc - compile a program against klibc SYNOPSIS
klcc [gcc options] [-o outfile] infile... DESCRIPTION
klcc is a wrapper around gcc(1) and ld(1) which compiles and links a program against the klibc tiny C library. It supports most gcc options. Unlike gcc, klcc compiles with optimization on by default. Furthermore, the optimization level used depends on whether or not -g is speci- fied, since klcc frequently uses options in the normal case which makes debugging impossible. Therefore, compile without -g, -O, -f or -m option to use the default optimization level; this will generally result in the smallest binaries. You may want to use -s when linking, however. Use -O0 to compile without any optimization whatsoever; this may not work depending on the version of gcc used. -nostdinc allows to turn off klibc include files. Use the -shared or -static option to compile for and link against shared or static klibc. Note that shared klibc only supports running against the exact same klibc binary as the binary was linked with. In addition to standard gcc options, klcc supports options of the form -print-klibc-option, which prints the corresponding klibc configura- tion option. AUTHOR
Written by H. Peter Anvin <hpa@zytor.com>. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2005 H. Peter Anvin - All Rights Reserved Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the "Software"), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions: The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software. THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MER- CHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE. SEE ALSO
gcc(1) klibc 1 March 2005 klcc(1)