Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Need gcc binary for a SPARC machine Post 302554288 by steve701 on Sunday 11th of September 2011 10:02:05 AM
Old 09-11-2011
that was the first thing I though of. couple of issues:

1-they put source code which you have to build to get gcc, not the actual binaries....unless you can point me to a package which has "gcc" binary in it, and not source code to be built.

2-even if it does have something, they usually get "installed" on the target machine into presepcified directories, such as /usr/sfw/.... and as non-root on that target machine I do not have permission to install.

So all I need is from someone with a sparc machine to please email me that 1 file only, it will be very handy.

xxxxxxxx

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment no emails inside the forum. please use PM function to exchange email adresses!

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 09-11-2011 at 11:29 AM..

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Where to buy used Sparc machine

Hello, I plan to take the SCSA exam. I think if I have a Sparc machine that will be very helpful, though I could run VMWare on Win system. So could anyone know where I can buy a used workstaion. I am not dare going to eBay :) , (I am not sure the source is reliable). I live in up NY state. And... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billshu
1 Replies

2. Solaris

gcc 4.2.0 from SUN binary gccfss

Hi All I have installed the above version of gcc from the SUN binaries and recieved the following linker error when trying to compile and link a hello world test program written in C++. ld: fatal: option -z has illegal argument `ld32=-S/export/home/sources/gcc_SUN_b... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C3000
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing gcc on SPARC 5.9

Hi, I am trying to install gcc on SPARC 5.9 pkgadd -d gcc-3.4.2-sol9-sparc-local i get the below error pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed - open of <gcc-3.4.2-sol9-sparc-local> failed, errno=2 pkgadd: ERROR: could not process datastream from... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: saharookiedba
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Booting SPARC 5 Machine 's CD-ROM

Hi, I have inherited a Ultra 5 SPARC machine that I need to boot from its CD-ROM. WHen I turn on the machine it just boots to its hard drive. How do I get it to boot from the CD-ROM. I am a Solaris newbie.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mojoman
1 Replies

5. Programming

Header file compilation using gcc in Sparc Solaris

I am facing problem while migrating the c++ code from Linux to Solaris. In linux the code is absolutly compiled fine with GCC compiler but when i am using the same in Solaris it coomplains bash-3.1$ gcc LibSip.h gcc: Compilation of header file requested The same command is working fine in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mrupesh74
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Newly Compiled GCC 4.4.4 on Solaris sparc gives problem with -m32/-m64 flags

Hello experts, This issue has kept me busy all day long. It started off with openssl compilation which was giving linking error with following message: /usr/local/bin/ld: target elf32-sparc not found collect2: ld returned 1 exit status I tried every step possible thing that I could think... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: d_shanke
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris virtual machine SPARC?

Hello, please, can somebody tell me if can i virtualize Solaris 11 SPARC architecture in a x86 PC? Virtualbox allows doing that? i need to run Solaris 11 SPARC to make a lab, and dont have any SUN machine to do on it. Thanks in advance! (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: MuziKizuM
9 Replies

8. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Start /SYS on SUN SPARC does not start machine [SUN SPARC ENTERPRISE T-5240]

-> start /SYS Are you sure you want to start /SYS (y/n)? y Starting /SYS ]-> show HOST /HOST Targets: bootmode diag domain Properties: autorestart = reset autorunonerror = false bootfailrecovery = poweroff ... (29 Replies)
Discussion started by: z_haseeb
29 Replies
COMPAT_SUNOS(8) 					    BSD System Manager's Manual 					   COMPAT_SUNOS(8)

NAME
compat_sunos -- setup procedure for m68k, sparc and sparc64 architectures DESCRIPTION
NetBSD/sparc64, NetBSD/sparc and some of the NetBSD/m68k architectures can run SunOS executables. Most executables will work. The exceptions include programs that use the SunOS kvm library, and various system calls, ioctl()'s, or kernel semantics that are difficult to emulate. The number of reasons why a program might fail to work is (thankfully) longer than the number of programs that fail to run. Static executables will normally run without any extra setup. This procedure details the directories and files that must be set up to allow dynamically linked executables to work. The files you need are on your SunOS machine. You need to worry about the legal issues of ensuring that you have a right to use the required files on your machine. On your NetBSD machine, do the following: 1. mkdir -p /emul/sunos/usr/lib /emul/sunos/usr/5lib 2. cp SunOS:/usr/lib/lib*.so.*.* NetBSD:/emul/sunos/usr/lib 3. cp SunOS:/usr/5lib/lib*.so.*.* NetBSD:/emul/sunos/usr/5lib 4. cp SunOS:/usr/lib/ld.so NetBSD:/emul/sunos/usr/lib/ld.so 5. If you ever expect to use YP, you will want to create a link: ln -s /var/run/ypbind.lock /etc/ypbind.lock Alternatively, you can use an NFS mount to accomplish the same effect. On your NetBSD machine, do the following: 1. mkdir -p /emul/sunos/usr 2. mount SunOS:/usr /emul/sunos/usr This will place the SunOS libraries on your NetBSD machine in a location where the SunOS compatibility code will look for first, where they do not conflict with the standard libraries. NOTES
When using compat_sunos on NetBSD/sparc64, the COMPAT_NETBSD32 option must also be used. BUGS
A list of things which fail to work in compatibility mode should be here. SunOS executables can not handle directory offset cookies > 32 bits. Should such an offset occur, you will see the message ``sunos_getdents: dir offset too large for emulated program''. Currently, this can only happen on NFS mounted filesystems, mounted from servers that return offsets with information in the upper 32 bits. These errors should rarely happen, but can be avoided by mounting this filesystem with offset translation enabled. See the -X option to mount_nfs(8). The -2 option to mount_nfs(8) will also have the desired effect, but is less preferable. The NetBSD/sparc64 support is less complete than the other ports. BSD
February 3, 2001 BSD