Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris 10 c0t0d0p0 Vs. c0t0d0s0 Post 302554263 by DukeNuke2 on Sunday 11th of September 2011 04:48:29 AM
Old 09-11-2011
Multi-booting Solaris and other operating systems

Quote:
P equal to 0 means entire disk, values 1, 2, 3, 4 represent consecutive partitions on a disk. These 5 entries correspond to disk special files 16 through 20.

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

"/" c0t0d0s0 showing 100%.

hi I recently started looking after server with sunsolaris os. it is dual host system. In one server the '/' showing 56% in other it is showing 100% in df -k. the status of slice was used avail capacity mounted on /dev/dsk.c0t0d0s0 961181 95**** 0 100%... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prabir
4 Replies

2. Solaris

What is c0t0d0s0?

I always thought c=controller, t=target, d=disk, s=slice. How exactly are they assigned? My internal drive is c0t1d0. But if I connect an external box, it jumps to c2t10d0, c2t11d0 etc. Is t=target? What exactly does those t-numbers mean and why does it jump to t10, t11 instead of going... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: the_red_dove
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Unable to login using ssh,telnet onto my solaris machine with solaris 10 installed

Hi, I am unable to login into my terminal hosting Solaris 10 and get the below error message "Server refused to allocate pty ld.so.1: sh: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: No such file or directory " Is there anyways i can get into my machine and what kind of changes are required to be... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: sankasu
7 Replies

4. Solaris

root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10

Need a procedure document to do "root disk mirroring in solaris volume manager for solaris 10". I hope some one will help me asap. I need to do it production environment. Let me know if you need any deatils on this. Thanks, Rama (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramareddi16
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris ssh client hangs when connecting to another Solaris machine

Got a strange problem. I have 4 Solaris servers all configured the same, Solaris 10 x86 update 10. When I try to ssh from one Solaris 10 server to another server ssh hangs. I have an identical server and when I try this everything works fine. The weird thing is if I am root on the server... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ccj4467
1 Replies
BOOTCD2DISK(1)							   bootcd utils 						    BOOTCD2DISK(1)

NAME
bootcd2disk - copy a system running from bootcd to a disk SYNOPSIS
bootcd2disk [-i] [-s] [-c <config directory>] [-url <url>] DESCRIPTION
With bootcd2disk a CD build with bootcdwrite can be copied to one or more Disk Partitions from the running cd-based system. Therefore bootcd could be used to make rescue disks. It is also possible to let bootcd2disk automatically find a disk, make partitions on it, copy the cd to the disk and make the disk bootable. bootcd2disk will be available as soon as your system is running from cd. OPTIONS
-i With this option the complete bootcd2disk runs in interactive mode and you can run each function manually. This option is useful for debugging. -v The option "-v" (verbose) adds messages on running. -s This option can be used to disable interactive questions and to try to ignore errors. -c <config directory> The configuration directory which normally is "/etc/bootcd" can be changed with this. -url <url> If bootcd2disk is slow on your system (because of a slow CD/DVD drive or the HP ILO virtual CD interface), you can use an image server to get the image from. bootcd2disk use the SWAP partition of your upcoming system as temporary space and copy the image from the con- figured image server to this partition and use it as image. The image server url is configured with this option. example install from imagesserver: bootcd2disk -url http://192.168.1.1/cdimage.iso Another way the increase the performance is the use of the mounted CD/DVD itself for the copy. The option "-url" is the same, the url starts with "file:///" example install from CD/DVD drive sdc0: bootcd2disk -url file:///dev/sdc0 The swap partition of the upcoming system must have enough space to get the whole image! Currently no other options can be specified on command line. All other configuration has to be done in the config files. FILES
/etc/bootcd/bootcd2disk.conf Configuration for bootcd2disk. SEE ALSO
Documentation in bootcd2disk.conf bootcd2disk.conf(5), bootcd(1), bootcdflopcp(1), bootcdwrite(1) AUTHOR
This manual page was written by Bernd Schumacher <bernd.schumacher@hp.com> and Carsten Dinkelmann <Carsten.Dinkelmann@foobar-cpa.de> for the Debian GNU/Linux system (but may be used by others). bootcd2disk 2007-04-04 BOOTCD2DISK(1)