Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy values from columns matching in those in second file. Post 302554165 by yazu on Saturday 10th of September 2011 12:10:01 PM
Old 09-10-2011
Try:
Code:
for txt in *.txt; do                                                         
  awk '
     NR == FNR { a[$2]=$1 }
     NR != FNR { print $1, a[$2] }
  ' big_file.dat $txt >${txt%txt}res # bash/ksh/zsh
done

This User Gave Thanks to yazu For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

compare two columns of different files and print the matching second file..

Hi, I have two tab separated files; file1: S.No ddi fi cu o/l t+ t- 1 0.5 0.6 o 0.1 0.2 2 0.2 0.3 l 0.3 0.4 3 0.5 0.8 l 0.1 0.6 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl matching values in a file

I am trying to match first 5 values of $passt variable in a file $chpdvlst and then verify that value in $grp parameter I want first 5 values which has $vaht - ship and $grp = N-grp. Somehow script below lists whole file. $memcnt = 5; $passt = ship; open (ADVOUT, "< $chpdvlst") || die... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: dynamax
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

selecting record by matching in two columns values

Hi Guys ! i want to search a record in file by matching two values in a record in two different columns suppose i have 3 columns and i want to select all those values from col1 for which in col3 has a specific value e.g select all "john" from column1 where column 3 has a value of "20" ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: ourned
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Removing columns from a text file that do not have any values in second and third columns

I have a text file that has three columns. But at the end of the text file, there are trailing lines that have missing second and third columns: 4 0.04972604 KLHL28 4 0.0497332 CSTB 4 0.04979822 AIF1 4 0.04983331 DECR2 4 0.04990344 KATNB1 4 4 4 4 How can I remove the trailing... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: evelibertine
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Compare values in two files. For matching rows print corresponding values from File 1 in File2.

- I have two files (File 1 and File 2) and the contents of the files are mentioned below. - I am trying to compare the values of Column1 of File1 with Column1 of File2. If a match is found, print the corresponding value from Column2 of File1 in Column5 of File2. - I tried to modify and use... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santoshbn
10 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print columns matching to specific values

Hello Friends, I have a CDR file and i need to print out 2 columns with their field position which matches to some constant values, a part of input file CZ=1|CZA=1|DIAL=415483420001|EE=13|ESF=1|ET=|FF=0|9|MNC=99|MNP=9041|MTC=0|NID=2|NOA=international|ON=1| OutPut ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace text in column1 of a file matching columns of another file

Hi all, I have 2 files: species-names.txt Abaca-bunchy-top-virus ((((Abaca-bunchy-top-virus((Babuvirus((Unassigned((Nanoviridae((Unassigned)))) Abutilon-mosaic-virus ((((Abutilon-mosaic-virus((Begomovirus((Unassigned((Geminiviridae((Unassigned))))... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: thienxho
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to copy previous line matching a particular columns

Hello Help, 2356798 7689867 999 000 123678 20385907 9797 666 17978975 87468976 968978 98798 I am trying to have out put which actually look for the third column value of 9797 and then it insert line there after with first, second column value exactly as the previous line and replace the third... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Indra2011
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to filter records in a zip file that contains matching columns from another file

Not sure if this is the correct forum for this question. I have two files. file1.zip, file2 Input: file1.zip col1, col2 , col3 a , b , 0:0:0:0:0:c436:9346:d40b x, y, 0:0:0:0:0:880:39f9:c9a7 m, n , 0:0:0:0:0:80c7:9161:fe00 file2.txt col1 c4:36:93:46:d4:0b... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: anil.v
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Copy columns from one file into another and get sum of column values and row count

I have a file abc.csv, from which I need column 24(PurchaseOrder_TotalCost) to get the sum_of_amounts with date and row count into another file say output.csv abc.csv- UTF-8,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tahir_M
6 Replies
XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)					      General Commands Manual						 XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)

NAME
xclip-copyfile, xclip-cutfile, xclip-pastefile - copy and move files via the X clipboard SYNOPSIS
xclip-copyfile [-p] FILES... xclip-cutfile [-p] FILES... xclip-pastefile DESCRIPTION
xclip-copyfile copies files into the X clipboard, recursing into directories. xclip-cutfile copies the files, but also deletes them afterwards. -p preserve path formation xclip-pastefile pastes the files out of the clipboard EXAMPLES
Copying a file to a remote host [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ echo "A file created on ${HOSTNAME}" > file1 [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile file1 [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ cat file1 A file created on maggie.lkpg.cendio.se Copying an entire tree structure [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-copyfile doc [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile doc/ doc/letter-mom-april.txt doc/file1 doc/letter-dad-march.txt Copying files with preserved path information [maggie.lkpg.cendio.se ~]$ xclip-copyfile -p /etc/sysconfig/grub tar: Removing leading `/' from member names [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ xclip-pastefile etc/sysconfig/grub [sofie.homeip.net ~/tmp]$ ls etc/sysconfig/grub etc/sysconfig/grub Moving files [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ xclip-cutfile letter-brother-may.txt [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ ls letter-brother-may.txt ls: cannot access letter-brother-may.txt: No such file or directory [sofie.homeip.net ~]$ cd doc [sofie.homeip.net ~/doc]$ xclip-pastefile letter-brother-may.txt AUTHORS
This manual page was written by Maximilian Gass <mxey@cloudconnected.org> for the Debian project. It may be used for everything else, of course. XCLIP-COPYFILE(1)