Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Horizontal to vertical
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Horizontal to vertical Post 302554008 by Xterra on Friday 9th of September 2011 11:54:57 AM
Old 09-09-2011
vgersh99

Sweet!
Really, nice!

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vertical an horizontal pivoing in unix

Please help me to do Vertical an horizontal pivoing in unix in single run. The input file is like this- MRKT|PROD|PRD|FACT1|FACT2|FACT3|FACT4 M1|P1|PR1|F11|F12|F13|F14 M1|P1|PR2|F21|F22|F23|F24 M1|P1|PR3|F31|F32|F33|F34 M2|P2|PR1|F41|F42|F43|F44 M2|P2|PR2|F51|F53|F54|F55... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: marut_ashu
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine files in horizontal way, not vertical.

Hi Everyone, I have three files. FileA: aaaa aaaa bb ccc FileB: 21 2 FileC: eeeeeee e eee ee Would like to combine three of them, not like cat, to cat three files, but the output should be like: (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

vertical to horizontal

dear all, i'm new to unix and i try to figure out the best case for making list of vertical text to become horizontal and skip the line 1 and 2. example text : Data DATE XXXXX MAX 47 53 49 51 48 48 7 46 51 8 25 (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: andrisetia
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vertical And Horizontal Pivoting

Hi All, My Input data is: A=1 B=2 My desired Output should be: A|B 1|2 Thanks in advance... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk in horizontal and vertical math

Based on input ail,UTT,id1_0,COMBO,21,24,21,19,85 al,UTHAST,id1_0,COMBO,342,390,361,361,1454 and awk code as awk -F, '{ K=0; for(i=NF; i>=(NF-4); i--) { K=K+$i; J=J+$i;} { print K } } END { for ( l in J ) printf("%s ",J); }' I'm trying to add columns and lines in single line. line... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: busyboy
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do i do the vertical to horizontal??

51009 8746 8912 17986 20315 24998 5368 38934 7805 8566 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: nikhil jain
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help! output format from vertical to horizontal

Hi All, please help to achieve the desired output Example: I have a file which contains the below data empname robert empid 787 design consultant empname alex empid 898 design advocate Desired output should be empname empid design robert 787 consultant (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: rocky2013
19 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Change Vertical to Horizontal

I need to change data from vertical to horizontal but with condition input USA|80 AUS|40 BRA|33 VEGAS|40 KENTUCKY|50 NEWYORK|21 DARWIN|33 ADELAIDE|21 SAOPAOLO|44 RIO|89 GAPIZA|44 BENFLEX|32 AXIS|44 ACRE|56 HEIGHT|22 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Print vertical to horizontal

Hi Masters, I need help to change my vertical data to horisontal input 2015-04-13|JS|741667 2015-04-13|JSJ|2272 2015-04-13|TMS|107099 2015-04-12|JMD|47945 2015-04-13|TM|760024 2015-04-13|JM|484508 2015-04-14|JMJ|318 2015-04-14|JSD|54436 2015-04-13|JM|15410 Output... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: radius
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Transform vertical into horizontal list

Hi, I am creating a script that will pull data from database. The only thing missing now is that i have to transform the lines into horizontal list. EXAMPLE 2015-07-15 09:00:00.0 |TCSERVER01 |5354 2015-07-15 09:01:00.0 |TCSERVER01 |6899 ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: reignangel2003
5 Replies
Mail::SpamAssassin::Message::Node(3)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		      Mail::SpamAssassin::Message::Node(3)

NAME
Mail::SpamAssassin::Message::Node - decode, render, and make available MIME message parts SYNOPSIS
DESCRIPTION
This module will encapsulate an email message and allow access to the various MIME message parts. PUBLIC METHODS
new() Generates an empty Node object and returns it. Typically only called by functions in Message. find_parts() Used to search the tree for specific MIME parts. An array of matching Node objects (pointers into the tree) is returned. The parameters that can be passed in are (in order, all scalars): Regexp - Used to match against each part's Content-Type header, specifically the type and not the rest of the header. ie: "Content- type: text/html; encoding=quoted-printable" has a type of "text/html". If no regexp is specified, find_parts() will return an empty array. Only_leaves - By default, find_parts() will return any part that matches the regexp, including multipart. If you only want to see leaves of the tree (ie: parts that aren't multipart), set this to true (1). Recursive - By default, when find_parts() finds a multipart which has parts underneath it, it will recurse through all sub-children. If set to 0, only look at the part and any direct children of the part. header() Stores and retrieves headers from a specific MIME part. The first parameter is the header name. If there is no other parameter, the header is retrieved. If there is a second parameter, the header is stored. Header names are case-insensitive and are stored in both raw and decoded form. Using header(), only the decoded form is retrievable. For retrieval, if header() is called in an array context, an array will be returned with each header entry in a different element. In a scalar context, the last specific header is returned. ie: If 'Subject' is specified as the header, and there are 2 Subject headers in a message, the last/bottom one in the message is returned in scalar context or both are returned in array context. raw_header() Retrieves the raw version of headers from a specific MIME part. The only parameter is the header name. Header names are case- insensitive. For retrieval, if raw_header() is called in an array context, an array will be returned with each header entry in a different element. In a scalar context, the last specific header is returned. ie: If 'Subject' is specified as the header, and there are 2 Subject headers in a message, the last/bottom one in the message is returned in scalar context or both are returned in array context. add_body_part() Adds a Node child object to the current node object. is_leaf() Returns true if the tree node in question is a leaf of the tree (ie: has no children of its own). Note: This function may return odd results unless the message has been mime parsed via _do_parse()! raw() Return a reference to the the raw array. Treat this as READ ONLY. decode() If necessary, decode the part text as base64 or quoted-printable. The decoded text will be returned as a scalar string. An optional length parameter can be passed in which limits how much decoded data is returned. If the scalar isn't needed, call with "0" as a parameter. rendered() render_text() takes the given text/* type MIME part, and attempts to render it into a text scalar. It will always render text/html, and will use a heuristic to determine if other text/* parts should be considered text/html. Two scalars are returned: the rendered type (either text/html or whatever the original type was), and the rendered text. set_rendered($text, $type) Set the rendered text and type for the given part. If type is not specified, and text is a defined value, a default of 'text/plain' is used. This can be used, for instance, to render non-text parts using plugins. visible_rendered() Render and return the visible text in this part. invisible_rendered() Render and return the invisible text in this part. content_summary() Returns an array of scalars describing the mime parts of the message. Note: This function requires that the message be parsed first! delete_header() Delete the specified header (decoded and raw) from the Node information. get_header() Retrieve a specific header. Will have a newline at the end and will be unfolded. The first parameter is the header name (case- insensitive), and the second parameter (optional) is whether or not to return the raw header. If get_header() is called in an array context, an array will be returned with each header entry in a different element. In a scalar context, the last specific header is returned. ie: If 'Subject' is specified as the header, and there are 2 Subject headers in a message, the last/bottom one in the message is returned in scalar context or both are returned in array context. Btw, returning the last header field (not the first) happens to be consistent with DKIM signatures, which search for and cover multiple header fields bottom-up according to the 'h' tag. Let's keep it this way. get_all_headers() Retrieve all headers. Each header will have a newline at the end and will be unfolded. The first parameter (optional) is whether or not to return the raw headers, and the second parameter (optional) is whether or not to include the mbox separator. If get_all_header() is called in an array context, an array will be returned with each header entry in a different element. In a scalar context, the headers are returned in a single scalar. perl v5.12.1 2010-03-16 Mail::SpamAssassin::Message::Node(3)