Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting command-line line 0: Missing yes/no argument Post 302553909 by Pratik4891 on Friday 9th of September 2011 06:55:28 AM
Old 09-09-2011
command-line line 0: Missing yes/no argument

Hi Guys

When I run the below command

Code:
ssh -o 'PasswordAuthentication yes' -o 'PreferredAuthentications publickey' -i $HOME/.ssh/id_dsa Server_Name

I found the below error

Code:

ommand-line line 0: Missing yes/no argument

Kindly help me to sort out

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment Double post, continued here

Last edited by pludi; 09-09-2011 at 08:36 AM..

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

array as command line argument !!!!

hello, can any help me how to can pass array as command line argument in korn shell. also how to read a array from command line. thanks spandu (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spandu
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing a command line argument

I have a shell script which does the encryption of a file where i am passing the file name as a command line argument,but later on the script waits on the screen to enter Y or N what is the command i should be using on the shell script #!/bin/bash -x outfilename=file.out echo... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rudoraj
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to get the value in last command line argument???

Say I want to get the value of last command line argument using the value in $# (or some other way if u can suggest) how do I do it?? $"$#" `$"$#"` These don't work :( (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_oddey21
4 Replies

4. Programming

Command Line Argument

Hi, I have a very simple C program which will run in UNIX. When i am passing * as the command line argument, i am gettig the below output. Program: #include <stdio.h> #include "mylibrary.h" int **environ; int main(int argc,char *argv) { int i; printf("\nHello... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dsudipta
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need Help with the argument passing Through Command line

$$$$$ (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: asirohi
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

finding * in command line argument

I have to write a script to determine whether given command line argument ($1) contains "*" symbol or not, if $1 does not contains "*" symbol add it to $1, otherwise show message "Symbol is not required". For e.g. If we called this script q5 then after giving , $ q5 /bin Here $1 is /bin, it... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: cynosure2009
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

command line argument - perl

how do i check if a command line argument is -g? for example, if command line argument equals "-g" { print "Goodbye \n"; } else { print "Welcome to the program! \n"; } (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bshell_1214
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help on command line argument in csh

HI , I am new to csh. I need to pass some command line arguments like ./abc.sh -os Linux -path abc -tl aa -PILX 1 I have defined the loop as shown below. But its taking "-os" switches as arguments. Its treating them as arguments. How to resolve it? while ( $#argv != 0 ) switch ($argv) ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vineet.dhingra
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can a string be a command line argument?

I would like to use a string as a command line argument...is this possible using TCSH? For example say my script is called TEST and I would like to pass a string into my script stating why the test failed. EXAMPLE: TEST "Failed due to missing statement" (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: thibodc
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command line argument

Hi Guys, I'm trying to work out how to add a command line argument inside single quotes. Would anyone be able to help please as I'm going mad :) I want to be able to place the filename on command line and it then be used in a script but it needs to have quotes surrounding it. Thanks in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mutley2202
4 Replies
DBD::Gofer::Transport::stream(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			DBD::Gofer::Transport::stream(3pm)

NAME
DBD::Gofer::Transport::stream - DBD::Gofer transport for stdio streaming SYNOPSIS
DBI->connect('dbi:Gofer:transport=stream;url=ssh:username@host.example.com;dsn=dbi:...',...) or, enable by setting the DBI_AUTOPROXY environment variable: export DBI_AUTOPROXY='dbi:Gofer:transport=stream;url=ssh:username@host.example.com' DESCRIPTION
Without the "url=" parameter it launches a subprocess as perl -MDBI::Gofer::Transport::stream -e run_stdio_hex and feeds requests into it and reads responses from it. But that's not very useful. With a "url=ssh:username@host.example.com" parameter it uses ssh to launch the subprocess on a remote system. That's much more useful! It gives you secure remote access to DBI databases on any system you can login to. Using ssh also gives you optional compression and many other features (see the ssh manual for how to configure that and many other options via ~/.ssh/config file). The actual command invoked is something like: ssh -xq ssh:username@host.example.com bash -c $setup $run where $run is the command shown above, and $command is . .bash_profile 2>/dev/null || . .bash_login 2>/dev/null || . .profile 2>/dev/null; exec "$@" which is trying (in a limited and fairly unportable way) to setup the environment (PATH, PERL5LIB etc) as it would be if you had logged in to that system. The ""perl"" used in the command will default to the value of $^X when not using ssh. On most systems that's the full path to the perl that's currently executing. PERSISTENCE
Currently gofer stream connections persist (remain connected) after all database handles have been disconnected. This makes later connections in the same process very fast. Currently up to 5 different gofer stream connections (based on url) can persist. If more than 5 are in the cache when a new connection is made then the cache is cleared before adding the new connection. Simple but effective. TO DO
Document go_perl attribute Automatically reconnect (within reason) if there's a transport error. Decide on default for persistent connection - on or off? limits? ttl? AUTHOR
Tim Bunce, <http://www.tim.bunce.name> LICENCE AND COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2007, Tim Bunce, Ireland. All rights reserved. This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. See perlartistic. SEE ALSO
DBD::Gofer::Transport::Base DBD::Gofer perl v5.14.2 2010-12-21 DBD::Gofer::Transport::stream(3pm)