Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Error in executing Perl script Post 302553859 by Pratik4891 on Friday 9th of September 2011 03:24:50 AM
Old 09-09-2011
I have done the same but still no luck

Please help me out

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem executing setuid script in perl-5.8.6

Hi, I have a script (a.pl) that can be run by anyone. The script internally has to read a file and write into few files which are owned by user 'myUser'. Has to read the following file: -rwx------ 1 myuser myuser 4986 Aug 20 18:11 my.file Has to write into following files: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarmakdvsr
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing .profile from perl script

Hi, How can i execute .profile from a perl script I need this - i am trying to run perl script from crontab and it looses the environment variables Please provide help Your help is greatly appreciated Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prekida
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Error executing shell command from a perl script

Hi Gurus, I've a find command that gets the list of files from a source directory where the extension is not html, xml, jsp, shtml or htaccess. The below find command runs fine from the command prompt or in a shell script. I need to eventually run it in a PERL script and am getting the... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: voorkey
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script not executing

Hi All, I have been given a perl script to modify but which is not running completely.And it is not showing any errors also. The script is : #!/usr/local/bin/perl print "Which transaction? "; print "\n"; print "1 - Inquiry"; print "\n"; print "2 - Delete Bank"; print "\n"; print... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: usha rao
8 Replies

5. Programming

Date time problem while executing perl script.

Hi All, This Monday 15th March 2010, i have faced a weired issue with my Perl script execution, this script is scheduled to run at 1 minute past midnight on daily basis ( 00:01 EST ) generally for fetching previous business date , say if it is Monday it should give last Friday date, for Tuesday... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravimishra
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing AWK in a perl script using 'system'...

I have a simple perl script that looks similar to this: #!/usr/bin/perl/ # Have a lot of PERL code in the front of this script. #Would now like to execute a system command using AWK system (qq(cd /location && awk '/full/ {print $1;exit}' /myfile)); The system command in my perl script... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SysAdm2
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

executing perl script from another perl script : NOT WORKING

Hi Folks, I have 2 perl scripts and I need to execute 2nd perl script from the 1st perl script in WINDOWS. In the 1st perl script that I had, I am calling the 2nd script main.pl =========== print "This is my main script\n"; `perl C:\\Users\\sripathg\\Desktop\\scripts\\hi.pl`; ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: giridhar276
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help in executing select query from perl script

Hi, I have a perl snippet that call a select query with a bind variable,when i compile the script I'm unable to get the query output. The same query when i fire in sqlplus fetches few rows. The query takes bit time to fetch results in sqlplus. my $getaccts = $lda->prepare("select distinct ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rkrish
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Global symbol requires explicit package name Error while executing

I have executed the below perl script for copying the file from one server to another server using scp. #!/usr/bin/perl -w use Net::SCP::Expect; use strict; $server= "x.x.x.x"; my $source = "/mypath/mypath"; my $destination = "/home/"; print "Login...Starting scp..."; $user="admin";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing perl script in Linux gives :Exec format error. Wrong Architecture

i have perl script that used to be working great , once i edit it in windows and convert it to UTF-8 and then via FTP return it . also did: chmod +x foo.pl and then when i try to run it : ./foo.pl im getting this error: ./foo.pl: Exec format error. Wrong Architecture.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
4 Replies
PPIx::Regexp::Token::Literal(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation			 PPIx::Regexp::Token::Literal(3pm)

NAME
PPIx::Regexp::Token::Literal - Represent a literal character SYNOPSIS
use PPIx::Regexp::Dumper; PPIx::Regexp::Dumper->new( 'qr{foo}smx' ) ->print(); INHERITANCE
"PPIx::Regexp::Token::Literal" is a PPIx::Regexp::Token. "PPIx::Regexp::Token::Literal" has no descendants. DESCRIPTION
This class represents a literal character, no matter how specified. METHODS
This class provides the following public methods. Methods not documented here are private, and unsupported in the sense that the author reserves the right to change or remove them without notice. ordinal print 'The ordinal of ', $token->content(), ' is ', $token->ordinal(), " "; This method returns the ordinal of the literal if it can figure it out. It is analogous to the "ord" built-in. It will not attempt to determine the ordinal of a unicode name ("N{...}") unless charnames has been loaded, and supports the vianame() function. Instead, it will return "undef". Users of Perl 5.6.2 and older may be out of luck here. Unicode code points (e.g. "N{U+abcd}") should work independently of charnames, and just return the value of "abcd". It will never attempt to return the ordinal of an octet ("C{...}") because I don't understand the syntax. SUPPORT
Support is by the author. Please file bug reports at <http://rt.cpan.org>, or in electronic mail to the author. AUTHOR
Thomas R. Wyant, III wyant at cpan dot org COPYRIGHT AND LICENSE
Copyright (C) 2009-2012 by Thomas R. Wyant, III This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl 5.10.0. For more details, see the full text of the licenses in the directory LICENSES. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-06 PPIx::Regexp::Token::Literal(3pm)