Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Flat File - Comma Delimited
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Flat File - Comma Delimited Post 302553845 by danimath on Friday 9th of September 2011 02:48:57 AM
Old 09-09-2011
If the line is longer than your page size then you will have difficulties to put one line into one terminal line Smilie

Try something like

Code:
awk -F, '{printf ("%s\t%s\t%s\n", $1, $2, $3)}' your_file_here

best regards
Andreas
This User Gave Thanks to danimath For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma Delimited file

I have a comma delimited file that sometimes has addresses details in. The problem is that the address detail can be seen as: "Sample House, Sample Road". When I run a script specifying the file is comma delimited I would like it to ignore comma's that are in between speech marks. Is this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dbrundrett
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix

Hi, Can anyone let me know on how to convert a Tab delimited file to Comma delimited file in Unix Thanks!! (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: charan81
22 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sort the fields in a comma delimited file

Hi, I have a comma delimited file. I want to sort the fields alphabetically and again store them in a comma delimited file. For example, My file looks like this. abc,aaa,xyz,xxx,def pqr,ggg,eee,iii,qqq zyx,lmo,pqr,abc,fff and I want my output to look like this, all fields sorted... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: swethapatil
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Comma delimited file

Hi All, I have output of sql saved in comma separated file. Now i need to read line by line this file and assign word to a unix variable for further processing Eg: Test file world, 1, 3, 4 earth,2,3,4,5 moon,1,2,3,4 Output should be word1= world word2=1 echo " first word... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: gwrm
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Urgent - Comma delimited file comparision.

Query: There are two files as below – /home/rgupta/input/file.txt.arch (source file) /home/rgupta/output/file.txt (destination file) Files details are attached for the reference. Scenario: File /home/rgupta/input/file.txt.arch picked up by an application xyz. Application xyz does... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravigupta2u
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read from Multiple character delimited flat file

Hello Guys I have a multiple character delimited flat file "|~|". when I tried to read the data the "|" character also coming Example I/P file 9882590|~|20111207|~|K03501000063005574033961|~|K|~| Command to get the second column I used awk -F"|~|" ' {print $2}' ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pratik4891
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comma delimited file manipulation

Question about how to change the first & last name in column one & two so that the names have a capital letter for just the first letter. Example: asdf@asdf.com,asdf,asdfasdf,176.23.22.345,4/12/2012 changed to: asdf@asdf.com,Asdf,Asdfasdf,176.23.22.345,4/12/2012 Thank you kindly, Nick (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nickytcom
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need a script to convert comma delimited files to semi colon delimited

Hi All, I need a unix script to convert .csv files to .skv files (changing a comma delimited file to a semi colon delimited file). I am a unix newbie and so don't know where to start. The script will be scheduled using cron and needs to convert each .csv file in a particular folder to a .skv... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: CarpKing
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help/Advise please for converting space delimited string variable to comma delimited with quote

Hi, I am wanting to create a script that will construct a SQL statement based on a a space delimited string that it read from a config file. Example of the SQL will be For example, it will read a string like "AAA BBB CCC" and assign to a variable named IN_STRING. I then concatenate... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: newbie_01
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify comma delimited file columns.

Please help me to update a file which contains date values as below:- From:- "1912108",20161130,"2016-12-01-00.00.00.000000","2016-12-01-08.37.12.000000" "1912108",20161201,"2016-12-02-00.00.00.000000","2016-12-02-08.28.22.000000" To:- "1912108",2016-11-30,"2016-12-01... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrishnaVM
7 Replies
GLSHADEMODEL(3G)														  GLSHADEMODEL(3G)

NAME
glShadeModel - select flat or smooth shading C SPECIFICATION
void glShadeModel( GLenum mode ) PARAMETERS
mode Specifies a symbolic value representing a shading technique. Accepted values are GL_FLAT and GL_SMOOTH. The initial value is GL_SMOOTH. DESCRIPTION
GL primitives can have either flat or smooth shading. Smooth shading, the default, causes the computed colors of vertices to be interpo- lated as the primitive is rasterized, typically assigning different colors to each resulting pixel fragment. Flat shading selects the com- puted color of just one vertex and assigns it to all the pixel fragments generated by rasterizing a single primitive. In either case, the computed color of a vertex is the result of lighting if lighting is enabled, or it is the current color at the time the vertex was speci- fied if lighting is disabled. Flat and smooth shading are indistinguishable for points. Starting when glBegin is issued and counting vertices and primitives from 1, the GL gives each flat-shaded line segment i the computed color of vertex i+1, its second vertex. Counting similarly from 1, the GL gives each flat-shaded polygon the computed color of the vertex listed in the following table. This is the last vertex to specify the polygon in all cases except single polygons, where the first vertex specifies the flat-shaded color. ------------------------------------- Primitive Type of Polygon i Vertex ------------------------------------- Single polygon (i==1) 1 Triangle strip i+2 Triangle fan i+2 Independent triangle 3i Quad strip 2i+2 Independent quad 4i ------------------------------------- Flat and smooth shading are specified by glShadeModel with mode set to GL_FLAT and GL_SMOOTH, respectively. ERRORS
GL_INVALID_ENUM is generated if mode is any value other than GL_FLAT or GL_SMOOTH. GL_INVALID_OPERATION is generated if glShadeModel is executed between the execution of glBegin and the corresponding execution of glEnd. ASSOCIATED GETS
glGet with argument GL_SHADE_MODEL SEE ALSO
glBegin(3G), glColor(3G), glLight(3G), glLightModel(3G) GLSHADEMODEL(3G)