Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris Solaris Filesystem vs. Windows FileSystem Post 302553841 by DukeNuke2 on Friday 9th of September 2011 02:24:59 AM
Old 09-09-2011
this looks like homework and is going in a windows vs. unix direction. thread closed.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

solaris filesystem

Dear all can we create more than one file system in single slice? I am using solaris 8 ultra spark machine. regards S.Balu. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbaloo
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to format a floppy in unix filesystem from windows

Hi, we have a strange problem. We have to format any floppy disk HD in unix filesystem mode (SCO) but we haven't unix workstations. Are there any software to make this formatting from windows xp pc ? Regards Gianpaolo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: elektra
1 Replies

3. Solaris

filesystem in solaris 8

Hi All, Can someone give me some info regarding where's the mount point or slice of /var. It's not in /etc/vfstab. I only find it in: bash-2.03# cat /etc/mnttab | grep var swap /var/run tmpfs dev=1 1215228103 How do I increase the size of it? Thanks in advance for any... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Copy unix filesystem to windows

Hi all Is there a way to copy a unix filesystem (folders, subfolder and files) to windows (AD) and at the same time maintaine the unix permission (user/group) when copied to windows (AD) filesystem? I want the same permission in windows as I had in unix in one copy job. Is this... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjen
8 Replies

5. Solaris

Filesystem - error when extend the filesystem

Hi all, currently , my root filesystem already reach 90 ++% I already add more cylinder in the root partition as below Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size Blocks 0 root wm 67 - 5086 38.46GB (5020/0/0) 80646300 1 swap wu 1 - ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: SmartAntz
11 Replies

6. Red Hat

Mounting Windows Filesystem

i am new to linux i want to know how to create ntfs partition and mount all windows drives in linux please help me (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkmohan18
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Solaris Filesystem

Hi, Is there a command that list the unmounted filesystems ? Thank you (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anwesh
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

hwo to find shared filesystem and local filesystem in AIX

Hi, I wanted to find out that in my database server which filesystems are shared storage and which filesystems are local. Like when I use df -k, it shows "filesystem" and "mounted on" but I want to know which one is shared and which one is local. Please tell me the commands which I can run... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kamranjalal
2 Replies

9. AIX

Mount Filesystem in AIX Unable to read /etc/filesystem

Dear all, We are facing prolem when we are going to mount AIX filesystem, the system returned the following error 0506-307The AFopen call failed : A file or directory in the path name does not exist. But when we ls filesystems in the /etc/ directory it show -rw-r--r-- 0 root ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: m_raheelahmed
2 Replies

10. Red Hat

Mounting NFS filesystem on Windows server

Hello Can someone please suggest how should I configure Samba to share the drive from Linux to Window server, and Windows server is in AD environment. is this require winbind to be installed ?? Thanks, (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobby320
0 Replies
XRaiseWindow(3X11)						  XLIB FUNCTIONS						XRaiseWindow(3X11)

NAME
XRaiseWindow, XLowerWindow, XCirculateSubwindows, XCirculateSubwindowsUp, XCirculateSubwindowsDown, XRestackWindows - change window stack- ing order SYNTAX
XRaiseWindow(display, w) Display *display; Window w; XLowerWindow(display, w) Display *display; Window w; XCirculateSubwindows(display, w, direction) Display *display; Window w; int direction; XCirculateSubwindowsUp(display, w) Display *display; Window w; XCirculateSubwindowsDown(display, w) Display *display; Window w; XRestackWindows(display, windows, nwindows); Display *display; Window windows[]; int nwindows; ARGUMENTS
direction Specifies the direction (up or down) that you want to circulate the window. You can pass RaiseLowest or LowerHighest. display Specifies the connection to the X server. nwindows Specifies the number of windows to be restacked. w Specifies the window. windows Specifies an array containing the windows to be restacked. DESCRIPTION
The XRaiseWindow function raises the specified window to the top of the stack so that no sibling window obscures it. If the windows are regarded as overlapping sheets of paper stacked on a desk, then raising a window is analogous to moving the sheet to the top of the stack but leaving its x and y location on the desk constant. Raising a mapped window may generate Expose events for the window and any mapped subwindows that were formerly obscured. If the override-redirect attribute of the window is False and some other client has selected SubstructureRedirectMask on the parent, the X server generates a ConfigureRequest event, and no processing is performed. Otherwise, the window is raised. XRaiseWindow can generate a BadWindow error. The XLowerWindow function lowers the specified window to the bottom of the stack so that it does not obscure any sibling windows. If the windows are regarded as overlapping sheets of paper stacked on a desk, then lowering a window is analogous to moving the sheet to the bot- tom of the stack but leaving its x and y location on the desk constant. Lowering a mapped window will generate Expose events on any win- dows it formerly obscured. If the override-redirect attribute of the window is False and some other client has selected SubstructureRedirectMask on the parent, the X server generates a ConfigureRequest event, and no processing is performed. Otherwise, the window is lowered to the bottom of the stack. XLowerWindow can generate a BadWindow error. The XCirculateSubwindows function circulates children of the specified window in the specified direction. If you specify RaiseLowest, XCirculateSubwindows raises the lowest mapped child (if any) that is occluded by another child to the top of the stack. If you specify LowerHighest, XCirculateSubwindows lowers the highest mapped child (if any) that occludes another child to the bottom of the stack. Expo- sure processing is then performed on formerly obscured windows. If some other client has selected SubstructureRedirectMask on the window, the X server generates a CirculateRequest event, and no further processing is performed. If a child is actually restacked, the X server generates a CirculateNotify event. XCirculateSubwindows can generate BadValue and BadWindow errors. The XCirculateSubwindowsUp function raises the lowest mapped child of the specified window that is partially or completely occluded by another child. Completely unobscured children are not affected. This is a convenience function equivalent to XCirculateSubwindows with RaiseLowest specified. XCirculateSubwindowsUp can generate a BadWindow error. The XCirculateSubwindowsDown function lowers the highest mapped child of the specified window that partially or completely occludes another child. Completely unobscured children are not affected. This is a convenience function equivalent to XCirculateSubwindows with LowerHigh- est specified. XCirculateSubwindowsDown can generate a BadWindow error. The XRestackWindows function restacks the windows in the order specified, from top to bottom. The stacking order of the first window in the windows array is unaffected, but the other windows in the array are stacked underneath the first window, in the order of the array. The stacking order of the other windows is not affected. For each window in the window array that is not a child of the specified window, a BadMatch error results. If the override-redirect attribute of a window is False and some other client has selected SubstructureRedirectMask on the parent, the X server generates ConfigureRequest events for each window whose override-redirect flag is not set, and no further processing is performed. Otherwise, the windows will be restacked in top-to-bottom order. XRestackWindows can generate BadWindow error. DIAGNOSTICS
BadValue Some numeric value falls outside the range of values accepted by the request. Unless a specific range is specified for an argu- ment, the full range defined by the argument's type is accepted. Any argument defined as a set of alternatives can generate this error. BadWindow A value for a Window argument does not name a defined Window. SEE ALSO
XChangeWindowAttributes(3X11), XConfigureWindow(3X11), XCreateWindow(3X11), XDestroyWindow(3X11), XMapWindow(3X11), XUnmapWindow(3X11) Xlib - C Language X Interface X Version 11 Release 6.6 XRaiseWindow(3X11)