Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting foreach loop working in terminal but not in the script Post 302553798 by Corona688 on Thursday 8th of September 2011 06:27:50 PM
Old 09-08-2011
Did you edit it in Windows? That'd do it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach loop

What am I doing wrong with this foreach loop? foreach var ($argv) @sum = $sum + $var (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: haze21
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop

Hi Guys, I have a loop which uses a wildcard i.e. foreach f (*) but when I execute the tcsh file in unix then it gives me an error ->>>>>>>foreach: words not parenthesized<<<<<<<<<<- Any help. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: abch624
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop + 2 variables

In a foreach loop, is it possible for the loop to go through 2 arguments instead of one i.e. instead of foreach i (do stuff for i), we have foreach i j(do stuff for i; do stuff for j) I am working under BASH and TCSH shell environments cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: JamesGoh
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop

Hi everyone Does anyone know what is wrong with this script. i keep getting errors foreach filename (`cat testing1`) set string=$filename set depth=`echo "$string" echo $depth end the error is the following testing: line 1: syntax error near unexpected token `(' testing: line 1:... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ROOZ
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using sed with a foreach loop

So I am back again beating my head against the wall with a shell script and getting a headache! I want to change each year in a file (1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, etc.) to the same year followed by a tab. The input is "blah blah (1980) blah blah". I want to get "blah blah (1980 ) blah blah".... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Peggy White
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Foreach loop to run a perl script on multiple files

Hi, I have thousands of files in a directory that have the following 2 formats: 289620178.aln 289620179.aln 289620180.aln 289620183.aln 289620184.aln 289620185.aln 289620186.aln 289620187.aln 289620188.aln 289620189.aln 289620190.aln 289620192.aln.... and: alnCDS_1.fasta (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: greptastic
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

foreach loop in unix script

Hi all, I have a script which searches for all sql files in the current directory and replaces all sql files with an underscore with a dash. The next part I need to do is record the number of changes made (underscore to dash) and display this value (e.g.2). This is what I have so far; find /... (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: shawi
17 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL foreach & open not working together

My script is as below: my $tile_list = `egrep "FCFP_TILE_LIST.*=" ${BudgetDir}/tile.params | sed -e 's/FCFP_TILE_LIST//' | sed -e 's/=//'`; print "Tile List = ".$tile_list."\n"; my @tiles = split(/\s+/, $tile_list); $unconst_out = "${DestDir}/Unconstrained_ports.rpt"; $check_tim_out =... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kuchi7
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach .gz file in a directory -- Not working

Hi, I am trying to add for loop in my code for all the .gz files in a directory. example code: for i in $PWD/input/*.dz do echo " file is :: $i " done This is not working as expectation and the output is : file is :: /home/IB/input/*.dz However, for i in $PWD/input/*... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: IB_88
5 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Foreach loop with two variables

I need to put together a script that will take the contents of two different files (database name and database owner) and put them in two variables within a line: foreach x (`cat /local/hd3/dba/tools/build_db_scripts/dbs`) foreach z (`cat /local/hd3/dba/tools/build_db_scripts/dbas`)... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: deneuve01
6 Replies
hivexget(1)							 Windows Registry						       hivexget(1)

NAME
hivexget - Get subkey from a Windows Registry binary "hive" file SYNOPSIS
hivexget hivefile 'PathToSubKey' hivexget hivefile 'PathToSubKey' name NOTE
This is a low-level tool. For a more convenient way to navigate the Windows Registry in Windows virtual machines, see virt-win-reg(1). For proper regedit formatting, use hivexregedit(1). DESCRIPTION
This program navigates through a Windows Registry binary "hive" file and extracts either all the (key, value) data pairs stored in that subkey or just the single named data item. In the first form: hivexget hivefile 'PathToSubKey' "hivefile" is some Windows Registry binary hive, and "PathToSubkey" is a path within that hive. NB the path is relative to the top of this hive, and is not the full path as you would use in Windows (eg. "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEM" is not a valid path). If the subkey exists, then the output lists all data pairs under this subkey, in a format similar to "regedit" in Windows. In the second form: hivexget hivefile 'PathToSubKey' name "hivefile" and path are as above. "name" is the name of the value of interest (use "@" for the default value). The corresponding data item is printed "raw" (ie. no processing or escaping) except: 1. If it's a string we will convert it from Windows UTF-16 to UTF-8, if this conversion is possible. The string is printed with a single trailing newline. 2. If it's a multiple-string value, each string is printed on a separate line. 3. If it's a numeric value, it is printed as a decimal number. SEE ALSO
hivex(3), hivexml(1), hivexsh(1), hivexregedit(1), virt-win-reg(1), guestfs(3), <http://libguestfs.org/>, virt-cat(1), virt-edit(1). AUTHORS
Richard W.M. Jones ("rjones at redhat dot com") COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2009 Red Hat Inc. This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA. hivex-1.3.6 2012-06-12 hivexget(1)