Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem counting unique disks/slices Post 302553757 by shamrock on Thursday 8th of September 2011 01:33:26 PM
Old 09-08-2011
Code:
awk '{x[$0]++}END{for(i in x) print i,x[i]}' array.txt

This User Gave Thanks to shamrock For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

problem with disks on SAN

Hi I have a linux box attched to a SAN storage from EMC with RAID 5 .I understand that it has 3g cache howver a 20gb file creation takes too much time here are my results any ideas why time dd if=/dev/zero of=disk.img bs=1048576 count=20000 20000+0 records in 20000+0 records out 997.59s... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xiamin
2 Replies

2. Linux

Problem for restoring lvm on different disks

Hi all, I have a server running in RH ES4, the SCSI HD are running in RAID 1. I backup the LVM config by using 'vgcfgbackup' and then remove all the HD. I insert another HD (same size & branch but different model) into the machine and run linux rescue to recreate the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: donaldfung
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem with the script in counting

Hi, I have a script which greps for a word in a file contains records. I grabbed a particular column & sent the colomn values to a file. I need to find each column value, the times it appeared in the file. My script is: grep sceneority <file> | cut -f 6 >> swi With... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pradeep_script
4 Replies

4. Solaris

Problem with accessing SAN disks

Hi, I'm having a problem when attempting to define the OCR location for my 10g RAC setup on Solaris 10. I get the following error: The specified shared raw partition /dev/did/rdsk/d1s0 may not have the correct permission. Verify that the partition is owned by Oracle user. As per the Oracle10g... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: michael.chow
15 Replies

5. Solaris

SAN DISKS - Number of slices ?

Good morning to one and all :-) Thank god its Friday, as its bee na rubbish week for me ! So, a quick question. Disks ! Ive got a few local disks, and a few SAN disks used on my solaris server. Whats confusing me, and Im not sure if there's an issue at the SAN end, or my end, regarding the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sbk1972
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting unique IP in warning log

Hi I have a log that look like this: 12:20:28.522 Connection from IP: 185.164.118.136 Login Failed! 12:20:29.389 Connection from IP: 84.20.182.63 Login Failed! 12:20:30.111 Connection from IP: 80.180.143.79 Login Failed! 12:20:31.038 Connection from IP: 83.226.102.106 Login Failed!... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jotne
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problem while counting number of fields in TAB delimited file

I'm facing a strange problem, please help me out. Here we go. I want to count number of fields in particular file. filename and delimiter character will be passed through parameter. On command prompt if i type following i get 27 as output (which is correct) cat customer.dat | head -1 | awk... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikanna
12 Replies

8. AIX

Interesting Problem! 2 VIOs, One is problematic, assigning disks and resources from the other only

Hi, The scenario is like this: 1.We needed to assign two hdisks to an LPAR 2.SAN team gives us two ldevs 3.One of our VIO is hanging on cfgmgr operation 4. We ran cfgmgr on the smooth VIO. Got the disks and assigned the disks from there to the LPAR.(By passed the other VIO as in didnt run... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: aixromeo
11 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

partition of slices

Hello, I am using solaris 10 x86. my root and backup slices is having same memory 10 GB and same cylinders numbers . My root and backup cylinders ends at same cylinder number 1031. so for creating a new slice i am giving starting cylinder from 1302 and this is giving me error as "out of range" .... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhargav90
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting Pattern and unique pattern

Hi, I have a log file which amongst other text has these lines: (id is always the same format - ) e.g. <username>user1</username> <name>fdfsdf</name> Multiple other tags <id>A111</id> <username>user2</username> <name>fdfsdf</name> Multiple other tags <id>A222</id>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: arsenalfan01
1 Replies
GLUDISK(3G)															       GLUDISK(3G)

NAME
gluDisk - draw a disk C SPECIFICATION
void gluDisk( GLUquadric* quad, GLdouble inner, GLdouble outer, GLint slices, GLint loops ) PARAMETERS
quad Specifies the quadrics object (created with gluNewQuadric). inner Specifies the inner radius of the disk (may be 0). outer Specifies the outer radius of the disk. slices Specifies the number of subdivisions around the z axis. loops Specifies the number of concentric rings about the origin into which the disk is subdivided. DESCRIPTION
gluDisk renders a disk on the z = 0 plane. The disk has a radius of outer, and contains a concentric circular hole with a radius of inner. If inner is 0, then no hole is generated. The disk is subdivided around the z axis into slices (like pizza slices), and also about the z axis into rings (as specified by slices and loops, respectively). With respect to orientation, the +z side of the disk is considered to be "outside" (see gluQuadricOrientation). This means that if the orientation is set to GLU_OUTSIDE, then any normals generated point along the +z axis. Otherwise, they point along the -z axis. If texturing has been turned on (with gluQuadricTexture), texture coordinates are generated linearly such that where r=outer, the value at (r, 0, 0) is (1, 0.5), at (0, r, 0) it is (0.5, 1), at (-r, 0, 0) it is (0, 0.5), and at (0, -r, 0) it is (0.5, 0). SEE ALSO
gluCylinder(3G), gluNewQuadric(3G), gluPartialDisk(3G), gluQuadricOrientation(3G), gluQuadricTexture(3G), gluSphere(3G) GLUDISK(3G)