Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Script to find the string contain in which file 1000 files. Post 302553705 by sk1418 on Thursday 8th of September 2011 10:00:31 AM
Old 09-08-2011
your original cmd works fine here:
Code:
grep -c "string" *.txt

did test in this way:
Code:
echo "one">1.txt
touch {2..1000}.txt

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Looking for command(s)/ script to find a text string within a file

I need to search through all files with different file suffixes in a directory structure to locate any files containing a specific string (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrwelden
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

shell script to find and replace string in multiple files

I used the following script cd pathname for y in `ls *`; do sed "s/ABCD/DCBA/g" $y > temp; mv temp $y; done and it worked fine for finding and replacing strings with names etc. in all files of the given path. I'm trying to replace a string which consists of path (location of file) ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: pharos467
11 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Creating 1000 files using a script

I would like to write a script that would create 1000 files like clm0001.txt to clm1000.txt. All the files would contain the same contents. How do I achieve this using a script?Please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find more then 1000 file at a time

Dear All, The need to found more than 1000 file are available in particular directory or not .That more than 1000 file stored in file.txt . i tried with locate & find command .But i can't get.pls post if any other option (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kpoobathi
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Automated script to take 1000 records from the file every week.

I have a file having n number of records .i want first 1000 records from the file and store in temporary file to process on sunday. I want script should should automatically take the next 1000 records for processing on next sunday. can we do it using head and tail head -1000 | tail... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sonam273
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How do you check for a particular string in 1000's of files?

Please forgive my ignorance on scripting. I am trying to determine (via a script) if a certain string of characters is present . The string that I am looking for is a constant length. Here is the string I am searching for: Model_Type={t}, ModelName={m} I need to determine if the above... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlundwall
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Split files into smaller ones with 1000 hierarchies in a single file.

input file: AD,00,--,---,---,---,---,---,---,--,--,--- AM,000,---,---,---,---,---,--- AR, ,---,--,---,--- AA,---,---,---,--- AT,--- AU,---,---,--- AS,---,--- AP,---,---,--- AI,--- AD,00,---,---,---, ,---,---,---,---,---,--- AM,000,---,---,--- AR,... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: kcdg859
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Need help] perl script to find the occurance of string from a text file

I have two files 1. input.txt 2. keyword.txt input.txt has contents like .src_ref 0 "call.s" 24 first 0x000000 0x5a80 0x0060 BRA.l 0x60 .src_ref 0 "call.s" 30 first 0x000002 0x1bc5 RETI .src_ref 0 "call.s" 31 first 0x000003 0x6840 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: acdc
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl script to read string from file#1 and find/replace in file#2

Hello Forum. I have a file called abc.sed with the following commands; s/1/one/g s/2/two/g ... I also have a second file called abc.dat and would like to substitute all occurrences of "1 with one", "2 with two", etc and create a new file called abc_new.dat sed -f abc.sed abc.dat >... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchang
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Find all .sh files in file system and need to replace the string inside .sh files

Hi All, I need to write a script to find all "*.sh" files in /home file system and if any string find "*.sh" files with the name vijay@gmail.com need to replace with vijay.bhaskar@gmail.com. I just understood about the find the command to search .sh files. Please help me on this. find / -name... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bhas85
3 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2013 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.18.2 2013-11-04 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)