Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Backspace to delete a single character Post 302553693 by DGPickett on Thursday 8th of September 2011 09:30:39 AM
Old 09-08-2011
Sounds like a TERM behavior. Which $TERM does it think you are using?

.profile is in $HOME ( ~ ).

Try something like 'export TERM=vt100 ; tset -Q'.
This User Gave Thanks to DGPickett For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

reading a single character in C

Can anyone help me????? My problem is that i want to read only one charcter from keyboard. Each time my program waits to press enter or ^d. I don't want that. As soon as i press a charcter it should proceed to next statement in program without pressing enter or ^d. please help... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: alodha
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Single character wildcard for SED

Could someone tell me the single character wildcard for SED? I have the file below: $ more input2 AAA /A/B/C BBB /D/E/F CCC /G/H/I DDD I want to remove all strings which contain forward slashs "/" to get the below: AAA BBB CCC I tried to do it in SED by the command below but I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: stevefox
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Vi single character change

I know this is strictly a programming forum - but I consider vi a programming enabler and the question relates to regex you'd use with awk/sed anyway.... I have a file which is 50,000+ lines long and need to change many many instances of word_word_word to be word+word+word where... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brett Taylor
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Trying to remove single character from a line

Here is a sample code grep '903' -i user.txt | tail -2 | awk '{print $2}' | sed 's/B//g' the input file has data as such 903-xxx-xxxxB 903-xxx-xxxxB It is a dialer file i want to remove the "B" any help thanks (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Iz3k34l
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Delete between 10th character and 20th character

Hi, I have a .txt and I need to delete the characters betwwen the 10th and 20th... How can I do that... I need to do somethink like these: %s/I don't know how to define a range between 10th and 20th character//g Can you help me... If I want the 10 first characters i do this:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nuno_fbo
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Replace multiple occurances of same character with a single character.

Hi all, Greetings, I have the following scenario, The contents of main file are like : Unix|||||forum|||||||||||||||is||||||the||best so||||||be|||||on||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||it And i need the output in the following form: Unix=forum=is=the=best so=be=on=it ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: dipanchandra
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to match character with single quote?

I need to check whether first character of variable is single quote. I tried the below constructions but they are all not working (always return true) if (test `echo "$REGEXP" |cut -c1` != "'"); then echo "TRUE"; fi if (test `echo "$REGEXP" |cut -c1` != '\''); then echo "TRUE"; fi if (test... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sed: delete on each line before a character and after a character

Hi there, A total sed noob here. Is there a way using sed to delete everything before a character AND after another character on each line in a file? The deletion should also delete the indicating characters(here: an opening and a closing parenthesis). The original file would look like... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bnbsd
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Count specific character of a file in each line and delete this character in a specific position

I will appreciate if you help me here in this script in Solaris Enviroment. Scenario: i have 2 files : 1) /tmp/TRANSACTIONS_DAILY_20180730.txt: 201807300000000004 201807300000000005 201807300000000006 201807300000000007 201807300000000008 2)... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: teokon90
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to repeat a character in a field if it's a single character?

I have a csv dataset like this : C,rs18768 G,rs13785 GA,rs1065 G,rs1801279 T,rs9274407 A,rs730012 I'm thinking of use like awk, sed to covert the dataset to this format: (if it's two character, then keep the same) CC,rs18768 GG,rs13785 GA,rs1065 GG,rs1801279 TT,rs9274407... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: nengcheng
7 Replies
asadmin-delete-instance(1AS)					   User Commands				      asadmin-delete-instance(1AS)

NAME
delete-instance - deletes the instance that is not running. SYNOPSIS
delete-instance [--user admin_user] [--password admin_password] [--host localhost] [--port 4848] [--local=false] [--domain domain_name] [--passwordfile filename] [--secure|-s]instance_name Use the delete-instance command to delete the instance that you specify. The delete-instance command can be run both locally and remotely. To delete the instance locally, not requiring the administration server to be up and running, specify the --local option. To delete the instance remotely, the administration server must be running on the hostname and port number specified. The user authenticates using the password identified for the administration server. Additionally, the instance must already exist within the domain served by the adminis- tration server. Use this command with discretion since it is destructive and there is no undo. OPTIONS
--user administrative user associated for the instance. --password administrative password corresponding to the administrative user. --host host name of the machine hosting the administrative instance. --port administrative port number associated with the administrative host. --domain name of the domain. --local determines if the command should delegate the request to administrative instance or run locally. --passwordfile file containing passwords appropriate for the command (e.g., administrative instance). --secure if true, SSL/TLS to communicate with the administrative instance. OPERANDS
instance_name name of the instance to be deleted. Example 1: Using delete-instance in local mode asadmin> delete-instance --domain domain1 server1 Deleted Instance server1 successfully Where: the server1 instance for the domain1 domain is deleted on the local machine. Example 2: Using delete-instance in remote mode asadmin> delete-instance --user admin --passwordfile passwords.txt --host localhost --port 4848 server1 Deleted Instance server1 successfully Where: the server1 instance for the domain associated with the specified user, passwords in the password file, host, and port number is deleted on the remote machine. EXIT STATUS
0 command executed successfully 1 error in executing the command INTERFACE EQUIVALENT
Server Instance page asadmin-create-instance(1AS), asadmin-start-instance(1AS), asadmin-stop-instance(1AS), asadmin-restart-instance(1AS) J2EE 1.4 SDK March 2004 asadmin-delete-instance(1AS)