Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: add PATH as root
Operating Systems Solaris add PATH as root Post 302553475 by jlliagre on Wednesday 7th of September 2011 05:19:17 PM
Old 09-07-2011
or set the SUPATH variable in /etc/default/login & /etc/default/su
This User Gave Thanks to jlliagre For This Post:

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to add cc path

hello , when i am deploying a server software , i am getting this error: checking for gcc... no checking for cc... no configure: error: no acceptable cc found in $PATH can any body help , how to correct this. , i have shown my path statement. # echo $PATH... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: definate
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

mistyped shell path, now i can't login as the only user that can su to root

i mistyped the location of bash and now i can't login as the only other user who belongs to wheel on my freebsd box. since i'm having many problems with samba, this has frozen my attempts to get things resolved with the former issue. i've been told that 'su -m' should do the trick, but it's... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
3 Replies

3. Solaris

How to add new paths to $PATH

Hi all, I downloaded a tarball of coreutils .... extracted only to find out that i had to build it... But when i executed ./configure, this is what i got checking build system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11 checking host system type... i386-pc-solaris2.11 configure: autobuild project... GNU... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wrapster
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to find a path within unix root directory

I need to know whether nyfile/mypath exists on the file system in the root directory. How to do this (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramky79
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Non-Root mode ... luxadm to show path(s) for Disks

Hi Gurus out there... I am pondering over a situation where I have non-root access (user account), where I am trying to determine paths (including multipaths) on a host. "luxadm display" seems very appropriate, but requires root access. Is there anyway I can get the FC path information? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: verisund
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to add a path variable

Hi, I tried to add a path vairable export GPLOAD_CONNECT_STR= -U crm -h sdc-gp1-dev1 -d wmgpdev but it throws the below error -bash: export: `-U': not a valid identifier -bash: export: `-h': not a valid identifier -bash: export: `sdc-gp1-dev1': not a valid identifier -bash: export:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: burton
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

add path variable permanently

Hi, I have added the path variable as below export... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: burton
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Migration of system having UFS root FS with zones root to ZFS root FS

Hi All After downloading ZFS documentation from oracle site, I am able to successfully migrate UFS root FS without zones to ZFS root FS. But in case of UFS root file system with zones , I am successfully able to migrate global zone to zfs root file system but zone are still in UFS root file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sb200
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to add path to root user

I am trying to add path for root. In /etc directory there is no .bash_profile file it has only profile file can any one say how to add path for root user ? is it possible to add path in profile file for root user. (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: elango963
18 Replies
Jifty::Util(3pm)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					  Jifty::Util(3pm)

NAME
Jifty::Util - Things that don't fit anywhere else DESCRIPTION
absolute_path PATH "absolute_path" converts PATH into an absolute path, relative to the application's root (as determined by "app_root") This can be called as an object or class method. canonicalize_path PATH Takes a "path" style /foo/bar/baz and returns a canonicalized (but not necessarily absolute) version of the path. Always use "/" as the separator, even on platforms which recognizes both "/" and "" as valid separators in PATH. jifty_root Returns the root directory that Jifty has been installed into. Uses %INC to figure out where Jifty.pm is. share_root Returns the 'share' directory of the installed Jifty module. This is currently only used to store the common Mason components, CSS, and JS of Jifty and it's plugins. app_root Returns the application's root path. This is done by returning $ENV{'JIFTY_APP_ROOT'} if it exists. If not, Jifty tries searching upward from the current directory, looking for a directory which contains a "bin/jifty". Failing that, it searches upward from wherever the executable was found. It "die"s if it can only find "/usr" or "/usr/local" which fit these criteria. is_app_root PATH Returns a boolean indicating whether the path passed in is the same path as the app root. Useful if you're recursing up a directory tree and want to stop when you've hit the root. It does not attempt to handle symbolic links. default_app_name Returns the default name of the application. This is the name of the application's root directory, as defined by "app_root". make_path PATH When handed a directory, creates that directory, starting as far up the chain as necessary. (This is what 'mkdir -p' does in your shell). require PATH Uses UNIVERSAL::require to require the provided "PATH". Additionally, logs any failures at the "error" log level. try_to_require Module This method works just like "require", except that it suppresses the error message in cases where the module isn't found. already_required class Helper function to test whether a given class has already been loaded. generate_uuid Generate a new UUID using Data::UUID. reference_to_data Object Provides a saner output format for models than "MyApp::Model::Foo=HASH(0x1800568)". stringify LIST Takes a list of values and forces them into strings. Right now all it does is concatenate them to an empty string, but future versions might be more magical. AUTHOR
Various folks at Best Practical Solutions, LLC. perl v5.14.2 2010-12-08 Jifty::Util(3pm)