Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: number ended by 0
Homework and Emergencies Homework & Coursework Questions number ended by 0 Post 302553435 by metal005 on Wednesday 7th of September 2011 02:09:00 PM
Old 09-07-2011
thank you, worked :P

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Installing Firefox and now ended up installing latest glibc

Hi all, I wanted to install the latest version of firefox 2 but it seems when I attempt to install it, it seems to be saying it is looking for c libraries version 2.3? I believe I currently have an older version of the c libraries. I am currently running Sun's JDS Linux 2003. My Mozilla web... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptingmani
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to diply Files that are not ended with .sh

Cal any one let me know how to disply the files that are not ended with .sh Is there any command that to reverse the regular expression. ls -l *.sh displys all files ended with .sh exactly opposite files(not ended with .sh). (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: svenkatareddy
3 Replies

3. Linux

Why had the OpenMosix project ended?

I want to build a load-balancing cluster and I the multiprocess support then I read: 'Any single program that can run as multiple processes can benefit from OpenMosix: "The GIMP" photo editor and the "kandel" fractal generator are known to do this. Unless I can find a load-balancing cluster... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Advice Pro
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

problem in using cat and ended up with no space error in aix

While doing cat on a large file (3 GB file) , I am getting the no space error in the shell script hugefile.sh. Eg: for i in `cat hugefile.txt` do echo "$i" done error: hugefile.sh: no space Please let me know your thoughts in handling this no space issue. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: techmoris
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Testing a process has ended (in the background)

Hi guys. Hopefully this question will make sense! Continuing on my script to automatically copy some huge files across the network onto various servers as background jobs, I need to be able to check that each job has finished successfully. The script below shows what I want - almost. The... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dlam
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process which ended another process

Hello, The scenario is as follows, I have a background process running initially for which i know the PID on machine1. I use ssh from machine 2 to execute a script in machine 1. For some reason the back ground process is terminated. I would like to know which process caused the ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: prasbala
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding process which ended another process

Hello, The scenario is as follows, I have a background process running initially for which i know the PID on machine1. I use ssh from machine 2 to execute a script in machine 1. For some reason the back ground process is terminated. I would like to know which process caused the... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasbala
6 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find out if a script has ended or still running

I have a script which will run for sometime, i want to monitor it's progress by sending out a mail by runing a infinite loop from command line for eg. this is the script $cat script1.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh i=0 while do sleep 2 echo $i hi i=`expr $i + 1` done > testprog.out ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

The difference between end number in the early row and the start number in the next

Hi Power User, I'm trying to compute this kind of text file format: file1: jakarta 100 150 jakarta 170 210 beijing 220 250 beijing 260 280 beijing 290 320 new_york 330 350 new_york 370 420 tokyo 430 470 tokyo 480 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: anjas
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to find number in a field then print the line and the number

Hi I want to use awk to match where field 3 contains a number within string - then print the line and just the number as a new field. The source file is pipe delimited and looks something like 1|net|ABC Letr1|1530||| 1|net|EXP_1040 ABC|1121||| 1|net|EXP_TG1224|1122||| 1|net|R_North|1123|||... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mudshark
5 Replies
hid(7D) 																   hid(7D)

NAME
hid - Human interface device (HID) class driver SYNOPSIS
keyboard@unit-address mouse@unit-address input@unit-address:consumer_control The hid driver is a USBA (Solaris USB Architecture) compliant client driver that supports the Human Interface Device Class (HID) 1.0 speci- fication. The Human Interface Device (HID) class encompasses devices controlled by humans to operate computer systems. Typical examples of HID devices include keyboards, mice, trackballs, and joysticks. HID also covers front-panel controls such as knobs, switches, and buttons. A USB device with multiple interfaces may have one interface for audio and a HID interface to define the buttons that control the audio. The hid driver is general and primarily handles the USB functionality of the device and generic HID functionality. For example, HID inter- faces are required to have an interrupt pipe for the device to send data packets, and the hid driver opens the pipe to the interrupt end- point and starts polling. The hid driver is also responsible for managing the device through the default control pipe. In addition to being a USB client driver, the hid driver is also a STREAMS driver so that modules may be pushed on top of it. The HID specification is flexible, and HID devices dynamically describe their packets and other parameters through a HID report descriptor. The HID parser is a misc module that parses the HID report descriptor and creates a database of information about the device. The hid driver queries the HID parser to find out the type and characteristics of the HID device. The HID specification predefines packet formats for the boot protocol keyboard and mouse. /kernel/drv/hid 32-bit ELF kernel hid module /kernel/drv/amd64/hid 64-bit ELF kernel hid module /kernel/drv/sparcv9/hid 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel hid module /kernel/misc/hidparser 32-bit ELF kernel hidparser module /kernel/misc/amd64/hidparser 64-bit ELF kernel hidparser module /kernel/misc/sparcv9/hidparser 64-bit SPARC ELF kernel hidparser module See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |SPARC, , PCI-based systems | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWusb | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ cfgadm_usb(1M), attributes(5), usba(7D), virtualkm(7D) Writing Device Drivers STREAMS Programming Guide Universal Serial Bus Specification 1.0 and 1.1 Device Class Definition for Human Interface Devices (HID) 1.1 System Administration Guide: Basic Administration http://www.sun.com/io None. NOTES
The hid driver currently supports only keyboard, mouse and audio HID control device. 9 Oct 2004 hid(7D)